bigchris1313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle Milk while trying to lose weight?

I'm training for low DIII (low level) college football right now and I've been working out heavily for 3 months. I'm 6'0" and 295 lbs, and I'd like to drop to about 265 or so. That's going to be very tough for me, because I simply adore eating. I'm not on any supplements or protein powders right now, but I was considering going back to muscle milk because it tastes so damn good. I mean, damn, it's absolutely delicious. That being said, I'm just afraid that the fats it contains, even though they claim they'll be used in the workout, will make me worse off if I'm trying to burn body fat. In fact, I've never been able to rationalize taking it straight, so I always mix it 1:1 with basic GNC protein of the same flavor. So is it worth taking, even diluted 1:1 with GNC, even if I'm trying to lose weight (though I am working out with heavy weight--I don't mind the mass; I just need to burn body fat, which can be done only through diet and cardio.)

Furthermore, if you guys have other suggestions for protein powders you find simply incredible, (moreso than Muscle Milk) I'd appreciate those as well. Thank you for your time.

Crossing the Rubicon Serpens Aeon's Avatar
    Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think there's a wee bit too much fat and sugar in it in relation to its protein content. That said, my absolute favorite protein powder ever (and it's good for your purposes as it's micellar casein) is Xtreme Formulation's "Ultra Peptide." It's bodybuilding ambrosia.

tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I wouldnt worry about the fat content in Muscle Milk. They are MCTs which are likely used for energy instead of fat. There really isnt a whole lot of carbs in MM but if you want to be really careful with your carb intake then mix it with water. It still tastes good. Just remember that its not the MM which makes you lose weight. Its total calorie intake must be less than you burn in a day. Thats how you lose weight. GL
    "Work every day to dominate your opponent. We have an opponent in this state that we will work 365 days a year to dominate. That is our goal."
    -- Nick Saban, Head Coach of the University of Alabama | January 4, 2007

After winning the super bowl in 1966 a reporter asked coach Vince Lombardi "So coach, how does it feel to be the best football team in the world?" Coach Lombardi replied, "I don't know we haven't played Alabama yet."

Tom Ricci has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tom Ricci has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tom Ricci has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tom Ricci has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tom Ricci has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tom Ricci has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tom Ricci has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tom Ricci has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tom Ricci has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tom Ricci has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tom Ricci has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tuck
    I wouldnt worry about the fat content in Muscle Milk. They are MCTs which are likely used for energy instead of fat. There really isnt a whole lot of carbs in MM but if you want to be really careful with your carb intake then mix it with water. It still tastes good. Just remember that its not the MM which makes you lose weight. Its total calorie intake must be less than you burn in a day. Thats how you lose weight. GL
    Nailed it!
    There's always more work to do

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can also buy Cyto's whey and do one scoop of each to cut down on the fat/carbs per serving.
    *No Crew*

** Team Punani Lover ** onehawaiian's Avatar
    onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bigchris1313
    Furthermore, if you guys have other suggestions for protein powders you find simply incredible, (moreso than Muscle Milk) I'd appreciate those as well. Thank you for your time.
    i don't know about "incredible", but cytosport complete whey is pretty good.
    and cheaper than musclemilk.
    I use Ejaculoid. I'd prove it to you, but I'm not a homo.

** Team Punani Lover ** onehawaiian's Avatar
    onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Mozelstein
    You can also buy Cyto's whey and do one scoop of each to cut down on the fat/carbs per serving.
    ha ha, that's what i did.
    but it was bc i didn't like the taste of the choc/peanut butter so much, so i did 1scoop choc/pb, 1scoop cocoa bean whey.
    I use Ejaculoid. I'd prove it to you, but I'm not a homo.

laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000) laz is just really nice. (+1000)
    All in all your weight loss is gonna be determined by more calories out than in. Muscle Milk is fine just realize the calorie amount in each serving.

Registered User italionstallion's Avatar
    italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by laz
    All in all your weight loss is gonna be determined by more calories out than in. Muscle Milk is fine just realize the calorie amount in each serving.
    yep. if you do use muscle milk while cutting it is going to be a large amount of cals from fat (in addition to fish oil you are looking at about 25-30 g of fat from non whole food sources) so remember to factor that in to your diet

Want_some_mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Want_some_mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Want_some_mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Want_some_mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Want_some_mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Want_some_mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Want_some_mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Want_some_mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Want_some_mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Want_some_mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Want_some_mass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would take it just as the other guys said...just remember you have to burn a fe w more cal's while taking it......but if i were u, i would purchase ON's anabolic millk....it is the same as muscle milk just a little cheaper, and i think it has less flavors....but it still tastes awesome

avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10) avian is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i think there are better options price and nutrient wise...

were are some options for you:
    Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide (if you want some REALLY good calories add to that just add some Avant Labs SesaLean)
    plus some milk if you looking for GREAT taste
    i will have less carbs, better fats and a taste as good as Muscle Milk and i think its actually cheaper

but if you like Muscle Milk i dont think its the devil or anything like it, but watch out for the calories
    Last edited by avian; 12-07-2005 at 10:28 AM.

OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100)

tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I know. I meant MCTs are used as energy not as fat storage.
    "Work every day to dominate your opponent. We have an opponent in this state that we will work 365 days a year to dominate. That is our goal."
    -- Nick Saban, Head Coach of the University of Alabama | January 4, 2007

After winning the super bowl in 1966 a reporter asked coach Vince Lombardi "So coach, how does it feel to be the best football team in the world?" Coach Lombardi replied, "I don't know we haven't played Alabama yet."