Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

"Bloating" from creatine mono

What is it about creatine mono that causes bloating in some people? As far as I can see, it is the most established and PROVEN form of creatine, ahead of the newer stuff like CEE and what not.

I have experienced some bloating with mono and none with other forms, what is it that causes this? I'm thinking perhaps just excess water retention, but I really don't have much a clue.

Cheers.
    SQUATS AND MILK

tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tuck is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    From what I have read the reason that many people think that mono causes bloating is that the mono is not taken up by the cells as completely as a product like CEE. When creatine isnt taken up by the cells it stays in the interstium (spaces between cells) and causes an osmotic gradient that will hold water in that space.
    "Work every day to dominate your opponent. We have an opponent in this state that we will work 365 days a year to dominate. That is our goal."
    -- Nick Saban, Head Coach of the University of Alabama | January 4, 2007

After winning the super bowl in 1966 a reporter asked coach Vince Lombardi "So coach, how does it feel to be the best football team in the world?" Coach Lombardi replied, "I don't know we haven't played Alabama yet."

Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Micronized Creatine

I switched to micronized creatine and haven't experienced any bloating from it. I take 20 grams/day for 3 days then cycle off for 3 days, then repeat.
    "He who would accomplish little need sacrifice little; he who would achieve much must sacrifice much. He who would attain highly must sacrifice greatly."

-James Allen

force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Naturally Huge
    I switched to micronized creatine and haven't experienced any bloating from it. I take 20 grams/day for 3 days then cycle off for 3 days, then repeat.

Not a very effective way of taking your creatine IMO, why would you cycle off?

F.
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steve_W is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tuck
    From what I have read the reason that many people think that mono causes bloating is that the mono is not taken up by the cells as completely as a product like CEE. When creatine isnt taken up by the cells it stays in the interstium (spaces between cells) and causes an osmotic gradient that will hold water in that space.
    That seems to make some sense.
    SQUATS AND MILK

Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Naturally Huge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by force_
    Not a very effective way of taking your creatine IMO, why would you cycle off?
    Here are two links which explains the 3 on/ 3 off creatine cycle. I've been doing it for about 6 weeks and have noticed it is more effective than the standard way of taking it.

http://www.ast-ss.com/articles/article.asp?AID=246

http://www.ast-ss.com/articles/article.asp?AID=243
    "He who would accomplish little need sacrifice little; he who would achieve much must sacrifice much. He who would attain highly must sacrifice greatly."

-James Allen

force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Interesting read, not sure If I buy into it though but if its working for you awesome.

F.
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Roger25x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Roger25x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Roger25x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Roger25x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Roger25x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Roger25x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Roger25x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Roger25x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Roger25x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Roger25x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Roger25x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It is the water retention for the MOST part. The rest is gas based.

You should try one of the 3rd gen + creatines out there if you find it is causing discomfort.

85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow lots of idiocy in this thread; it feels like I'm back in Teen Bodybuilding all over again
    The reason for bloat on mono is the excess water being held in your muscle cells.
    To the genious that cycles on for 3 days, then off for 3 days, why?? I mean.. why??? It takes about a month for creatine to enter your system anways, so why would you stop taking it before it even has a chance to start stockpiling in your muscles?
    Third.. dont buy into AST's marketing gimmicks. They make a decent product, but are behind the times and are way to expensive. AST says to cycle off and on for 3 days so you go thru the creatine before making gains quicker, so you will buy some more from them. Done buy into it.
    18 years old
    5' 11"
    186lbs
    bench- 320x5
    Mil. Press- 220x4
    Leg Press- 680x8
    Curl- 65
    Straight/EZ bar curl- 130
    Hamstring Curl- 180x10
    Row- 180x8
    Pulldowns- 220x4
    8.5% BF
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Now: 22.5
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 212
    Lift:
    Dumbell press: 190lb x8
    Dumbell curl: 130lb x8
    Machined bp: 380lb x8
    12%bf

Airborne, ALL THE WAY

Originally Posted by 85_305
    Wow lots of idiocy in this thread; it feels like I'm back in Teen Bodybuilding all over again
    The reason for bloat on mono is the excess water being held in your muscle cells.
    To the genious that cycles on for 3 days, then off for 3 days, why?? I mean.. why??? It takes about a month for creatine to enter your system anways, so why would you stop taking it before it even has a chance to start stockpiling in your muscles?
    Third.. dont buy into AST's marketing gimmicks. They make a decent product, but are behind the times and are way to expensive. AST says to cycle off and on for 3 days so you go thru the creatine before making gains quicker, so you will buy some more from them. Done buy into it.
    Apparently you didn't quite understand the articles I posted. No it doesn't take a full month for creatine to get into your system and start working. It does take that long, however, for creatine to reach muscle saturation levels at 5 grams/day as it would loading for 5 days at 20-25 grams/day. The cycling program I'm experimenting with is working much more effective than the standard way printed on all creatine cannisters. Before you diss on someone or something, try it out for yourself. Oh, wait, your 18 and know everything, sorry.

-James Allen

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Sorry for the bad news.... but you're wrong

Saturation is achieved in about 2-3 days if / when loading.. this DOES NOT MEAN THAT LOADING or CYCLING ARE NECESSARY.
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

Omid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i never got bloated on creatine mono. i got a bit bigger in size, but that was from the water retention. i liked the look i had actually. will get back on creatine in the summer when i have time to get super serious and have optimal diet and nutrition.

Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rippd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have never seen anyone get bloated from creatine monohydrate. Oh I know many people claim that it bloats them but I would love for someone to post up a before and after pic showing bloating from monohydrate. I have seen probably close to 100 people on mono and none of them got bloated. I look harder when I take it. It draws water INTO the muscle not between the muscle and skin.
    Rep system sucks, we all agree, the only ones who really use it are idiots who think it makes a difference

85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 85_305 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by pu12en12g
    Sorry for the bad news.... but you're wrong

Saturation is achieved in about 2-3 days if / when loading..
    Hmm.. I never heard of that one before
    18 years old
    5' 11"
    186lbs
    bench- 320x5
    Mil. Press- 220x4
    Leg Press- 680x8
    Curl- 65
    Hamstring Curl- 180x10
    Row- 180x8
    Pulldowns- 220x4
    8.5% BF
    Lift:
    12%bf

Airborne, ALL THE WAY

InterSpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InterSpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InterSpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InterSpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InterSpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InterSpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InterSpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InterSpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InterSpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InterSpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) InterSpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rippd
    I have never seen anyone get bloated from creatine monohydrate. Oh I know many people claim that it bloats them but I would love for someone to post up a before and after pic showing bloating from monohydrate. I have seen probably close to 100 people on mono and none of them got bloated. I look harder when I take it. It draws water INTO the muscle not between the muscle and skin.
    it all depends on the person bro ... my muscles especially in arms and chest looked a little bigger from the excess water (and felt a little more squishy) as well as my FACE. It was most evident in my face. It looks like i gained 5 pounds just in my face and neck area.

Originally Posted by Naturally Huge
    Oh, wait, your 18 and know everything, sorry.
    No, but just because your in your 30's means you know everything
    18 years old
    5' 11"
    186lbs
    bench- 320x5
    Mil. Press- 220x4
    Leg Press- 680x8
    Curl- 65
    Hamstring Curl- 180x10
    Row- 180x8
    Pulldowns- 220x4
    8.5% BF
    Lift:
    12%bf

Airborne, ALL THE WAY

Cool

No, but just because your in your 30's means you know everything
    No, but I have a hell of a lot more experience than you.

-James Allen

IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is something that I'm quite curious about, actually.

When taking about ~5g a day, I bloat and get quite nauseous. I take the mono, about 20 minutes before my protein shake and oatmeal in the morning, and I feel and look quite bloated around the stomach area, which is why I stopped taking it...is there anything I can do to prevent it? Or is it something that will cease after I'm used to taking it? I'm female too, would that have anything to do with it?

Thanks, and sorry for butting in.
    Viking to the core.

Fark yew.

Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by IceDragon
    This is something that I'm quite curious about, actually.

When taking about ~5g a day, I bloat and get quite nauseous. I take the mono, about 20 minutes before my protein shake and oatmeal in the morning, and I feel and look quite bloated around the stomach area, which is why I stopped taking it...is there anything I can do to prevent it? Or is it something that will cease after I'm used to taking it? I'm female too, would that have anything to do with it?

Thanks, and sorry for butting in.

Try taking it with a meal, not on an empty stomach, whenever I take it with an empty stomach I feel awful afterwards.
    Blue jays/Spartans/Colts

Trelaboon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I myself have gotten quite bloated, it strangely just hit me in a matter of a day or so.

I didn't load on the Creatine, and after around 3 and a half weeks, I just basically looked in the mirror getting dressed and said "Wow....i'm plump"

I'm going to Jamaica in a month, so i'll likely discontinue it in a couple weeks so I have around 2 weeks to reduce water weight.

Think that's enough time?

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Trelaboon View Post
    I myself have gotten quite bloated, it strangely just hit me in a matter of a day or so....
    HOLY BLAST FROM THE PAST BATMAN !!!
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah, depending on brand I can tend to get very watery, but other times not at all. I suspect it has to have something to do with diet and sodium/potassium.

Better idea yet...ALWAYS stick with controlled labs or gaspari nutrition products.

britboi80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have just got back from the gym and did a search on creatine bloating as i have been wondering for a while if that is what causes it and think it is. this website was the first that came up.

i have not been working out for the last month much as i had been ill and noticed that despite doing less exercise my stomach was flatter and a bit "stripped" i could see the six pack more. tonight i took a no explode shot before my work out and have noticed that my stomach feels bloated. I also felt like i wanted to drink more water tonight and downed 2 pints just now - normally after 1 pint i don't need any more. I have noticed this with no explode and creatine mono products (not sure what type of creatine is in no explode), but it does seem to go into water retention and i pee for twice as long when i have used it!. then when i finish peeing some of the bloating goes down.

i have VERY high metabolism and wonder if this has something to do with it? my diet is good and has not changed in the last few months, but tonight after the creatine i really noticed my belly has swelled. not pretty..

xxxhugoxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Steve_W View Post
    What is it about creatine mono that causes bloating in some people? As far as I can see, it is the most established and PROVEN form of creatine, ahead of the newer stuff like CEE and what not.

I have experienced some bloating with mono and none with other forms, what is it that causes this? I'm thinking perhaps just excess water retention, but I really don't have much a clue.

Cheers.
    What does Bloating mean???

wotomli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 85_305 View Post
    you spelled genius wrong

roni123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face yes it bloats

I started creatine mono (ON), first two days it was amazing.. my arms, chest and quads was looking awesome! but from 3rd day onwards I started noticing that my belly also growing (bloating)... bloat on my belly is so disappointing!

I had talked few friends also, they are also in the same boat..

Experts --> Please let us know why is this bloating? Even I am able to see some bloating on my love handles :-(

How can we overcome this prob??? do we have to stop taking this ?

Any help on this topic is highly appreciated...

Thanks

TristanSuttle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I could be wrong so don't quote me on this, but I've been researching this for a long time. By nature, creatine as a supplement attracts water. The water dissolves the creatine into your muscles. Creatine monohydrate from my understanding isn't very water soluble, meaning it's very hard to dissolve. This causes a bloating side-effect because until the creatine has been fully absorbed by your muscles, the excess water will remain.

Originally Posted by Drumkid20 View Post
    Better idea yet...ALWAYS stick with controlled labs or gaspari nutrition products.
    Thanks for the support / shout out !!!
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

MarioDRio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I might be late and I might be wrong but I just thought I'd share my experience so far with Creatine Mono.
    -I take 100% Pure Creatine Monohydrate, but I don't know if it is Micronized, it just says pure and looks quite puffy.
    -I take it a half hour before my workout with water, half hour after breakfast (since I go to the gym in the mornings). I also take Cellucor C4 with it (separately) which has Creatine Nitrate. But after I workout I take it the Mono with water after my protein shake.
    -I drink at least a 8oz of water(not with mono) after I take the Creatine.
    -Could that be why some people may not be bloated? Does it matter how much water you drink? I've read a lot of articles concerning Creatine and it seems like there's no absolute answer, yet, I just know I have yet to feel bloated from the way I'm taking it.
    Also, I'm running out of my Mono and I was wondering what you guys would suggest.
    "Rome was not built in one day." - John Heywood

zthornton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zthornton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zthornton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zthornton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zthornton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zthornton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zthornton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zthornton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zthornton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zthornton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zthornton will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    strong bump
    Current Supps:
    XF 2.0: LCP, CR
    Myofusion: Banana
    Hemavol Lemon Drop
    CL Orange Triad
    CL Oximega
    Allmax Creatine
    SNS Beta Alanine
    SNS Focus XT