skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Full-body workout once a week?

Has anyone ever done a full-body workout once a week, say on Saturday, with any results? Is this even remotely possible?

GORILLA_GILL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes its possible, if you're a beginner and have crap recovery ability or if you're very advanced and are lifting very heavy weights. if your recovery ability is poor then it makes sense to rest more but also if you are highly advanced and require huge weights to keep gains going then these huge loads will knock your systme about big time which will result in the need for more recovery time.
    I myself however, train once per week, i'm not a beginner and i'm not highly advanced but it seems to be the best method for me to make continual gains. i train with very high intensity and always to failure. my new routine which i have just started is as follows:

day 1: deadlifts, barbell rows, weighted dips
    (rest 6 days)
    day 2: squats (am thinking about switching to hack squats as i train alone).
    close grip pulldowns
    incline bench presses

all of the above has a very light warm-up set and one all out set to failure.
    it's tough, it doesn't look it but trust me...it is! i've just switched this routine around but my previous routine was very similar but i was using 4 exercises per w/out instead of 3.

if once per wek is all you can do...then do it. if you work with high enough intensity, i believe you can make really good gains.

good luck.

skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyme is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I tried this for about a month until someone talked me out of it about 3 weeks ago. During that time, I saw some immediate gains, but I think my recovery time was such that I could handle maybe every 5 days like that instead of 7. My W/O consisted of about 10-12 different exercises, with 3 sets each of 5 reps, starting with my 5 rep max, and reducing weight as needed to get 5 reps. My only equipment available are dumbbells. My gains were OK, but that's as far as they went. I just wondered how it would affect my metabolism throughout the off period. I was thinking that I should have probably did a light cardio routine on my days off to keep everything pumping good. Any thoughts anyone?

andrew76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrew76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrew76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrew76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrew76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrew76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andrew76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my full body workout :

-Squat 2x8-10 ( i don't like 20 rep squat..to be honest..i can stand the pain doing high reps for squat )
    -incline bench press 2x6-8
    -military press 2x6-8
    -pulldown 2x6-8
    -barbell curl 2x6-8
    -standing calf raise 2x10-12

rest between set 2-3 minute...

basic exercise but very effective

i like doing forced reps and x-rep to increase intensity..i keep low volume..

Bob Wills wannabe cowboyathlete's Avatar
    cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I do a full body workout every Monday, but it is just one set. Later in the week I hit everything heavy, on separate days.
    1. I thought all along you'd be the death of me, but I met one tonight who wants what's left of me!
    2. You are so full of s***, maintenance is still unclogging the toilet.
    3. Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
    4. This mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
    5. I'd like to check you for ticks.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by skinnyme
    I tried this for about a month until someone talked me out of it about 3 weeks ago. During that time, I saw some immediate gains, but I think my recovery time was such that I could handle maybe every 5 days like that instead of 7. My W/O consisted of about 10-12 different exercises, with 3 sets each of 5 reps, starting with my 5 rep max, and reducing weight as needed to get 5 reps. My only equipment available are dumbbells. My gains were OK, but that's as far as they went. I just wondered how it would affect my metabolism throughout the off period. I was thinking that I should have probably did a light cardio routine on my days off to keep everything pumping good. Any thoughts anyone?
    One thing that worked really well for me in the past, which I am now getting back into now that my shoulder is capable on it's comeback from injury...

Week 1: Split
    Sunday: Chest/Tri's
    Mon: light Cardio
    Tuesday: Legs
    Wed: Light Cardio
    Thursday: Back/Bi's
    Fri & Sat off...

Week 2: Full Body
    Sunday: Cardio
    Monday: Full Body session consisting of 5-6 sets per body part
    Tuesday Rest
    Wed: light Cardio, mix between bike, and heavy bag
    Thursday: Full Body session consisting of 5-6 sets per body part
    Fri & Sat: Off

The I'd rinse and repeat that for 10 weeks, take a rest week... Stayed on bulk cals...

Made some really great gains! And it helps keep up the intensity and interest level from week to week...
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha