mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000)

Question on sugar free products

Do sugar alcohols count as carbs. Many products i see with these in them don't consider them to be part of net carbs. They subtract them out like fiber

Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's detrimental to fat loss.

Here are two quotes from Lyle McDonald's "The Ketogenic Diet".

"Although alcohol is not represented in the above equation, having no direct effect on ketosis, alcohol intake will have an impact on the depth of ketosis and the amount of body fat used by the body. As discussed in chapter 4, excessive alcohol intake while in ketosis can cause runaway acidosis to develop which is potentially very dangerous. Additionally as alcohol intake limits how much FFA can be processed by the liver, calories from alcohol will detract from overall fat loss."

"In general, once ketosis is established alcohol tends to deepen the level of ketosis seen. Additionally, the pathological state of alcoholic ketoacidosis (which occurs when individuals consume nothing except alcohol for long periods) is known to result in potentially dangerous levels of ketones in the bloodstream. Alcohol may affect ketone body production in the dangerous levels of ketones in the bloodstream. Alcohol may affect ketone body production in the liver and alcohol itself can be converted to ketones. As well, the production of ketones from alcohol tends to result in less fat loss since less FFA is converted to ketones.
    Strictly speaking there is no reason that small amounts of alcohol cannot be consumed during a ketogenic diet although it should be realized that fat loss will be slowed. Additionally, anecdotal reports suggest that alcohol may affect individuals more (in terms of drunkenness, etc.) when they are in ketosis versus when they are not. Care should be taken by anyone consuming alcohol."

aex3x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aex3x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aex3x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aex3x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aex3x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aex3x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aex3x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aex3x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Those quotes appear to be talking about alcohol, not sugar alcohol. They are two completely different substances.

O ya, sugar alcohols count as carbs. Actually as 1.5 carbs.

Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giorrgi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by aex3x View Post
    Those quotes appear to be talking about alcohol, not sugar alcohol. They are two completely different substances.

O ya, sugar alcohols count as carbs. Actually as 1.5 carbs.
    Oh, sorry, I kinda went into my anti-alcohol crusade there.

Don't drink, be smart

aex3x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aex3x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aex3x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aex3x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aex3x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aex3x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aex3x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aex3x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Giorrgi View Post
    Don't drink, be smart
    To bad I can't find a girl with that mentallity.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sugar alchohols never throw me out of KETO or stall my gains but they're fake food and consuiming more than trace sugar alchohols is DUMB!

Just say no to alchohol.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000) mar999 is just really nice. (+1000)
    how can you tell if you are out of keto?

Originally Posted by mar999 View Post
    how can you tell if you are out of keto?
    Keto strips. Pee on them and if they change color you're in Ketosis.

BTW, people that do 7+ intense workouts a week can get away with eating a lot of carbs and still be in Ketosis almost all the time.

Back when I was working out 10 times a week 2x monday though friday. I could eat 100 some carbs a day and still be in ketosis almost all the time.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by aex3x View Post
    Keto strips. Pee on them and if they change color you're in Ketosis.

BTW, people that do 7+ intense workouts a week can get away with eating a lot of carbs and still be in Ketosis almost all the time.

Back when I was working out 10 times a week 2x monday though friday. I could eat 100 some carbs a day and still be in ketosis almost all the time.

I never used Keto strips and they aren't fool proof by a LONG shot...Educate yourself on the signs of being out of KETO by searching through the forum -- research is good for you

I found that for me i feel sleepy, and I feel like craaaap I don't have the clear mind and the consistent energy.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

well i have only been on keto for one full week. I have done alot of research as well as reading The Anabolic Diet a few times. Before the week of Christmas My diet for a couple months consisted of probably less than 150grams of carbs per day. So i think because of this when i started i went into ketosis really fast. By day 3 i was pissing like crazy and it smelled pretty bad. I was concerned though because on day 5 and some of 6 i had no energy at all. I am thinking that maybe i did not eat enough on these days.