Markjames has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

My Hands Go Numb At Night!

No, I don't rest my head on both hands. I don't get pins and needles. They purely lose all sensation. The last two fingers on each hand go completely dead. It wakes me up about 4 times a night. I normally find myself waking up with my face down on the pillow with both arms in a bicep flexing pose - fists pointing at my ears.

Anyway, don't confuse this with pins and needles...I don't have that anoying tingling sensation after I chance position. It normally takes around 5 to 10 seconds for my hands to regain their normal feeling after I put my hands to my sides or something.

Please HELP!!!!!!!!! Is this because of my BICEPS being too BIG! ARE THEY CRUSHING a nerve!!!! My biceps are nice...but I know they aint HUGE. WTF?

What doesn't kill me..... AbAbber2k's Avatar
    AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's actually pretty common to be able to cut off the nerve in your arms by raising them up. The test to see if you can do it is to hold your arms straight out, put them into 90 degree flexion and wiggle your fingers (serious). If you have highly developed biceps it's a bit more likely to happen maybe, but really it can happen to just about anybody depending on their personal anatomy. My Athletic Training TA is about 5'8", maybe 160 and pretty cut (being cut really has nothing to do with it) and the test will deaden his fingers pretty damn fast. Actually, now that I think about it, I think the muscles around your GH (that's glenohumeral joint or shoulder to the layperson) have more to do with it than your biceps.

i tried that for a while but it didnt make my hands go numb. It used to happen alot whenever I played with my hair or put my hand on my head. It doesnt seem to do that now. Only when I sleep. :-S

I'm scared

has a wealth of knowledge BB is 4 life :)'s Avatar
    BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Markjames
    Please HELP!!!!!!!!! Is this because of my BICEPS being too BIG! ARE THEY CRUSHING a nerve!!!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *takes a breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

My word thats funny, sorry bro, but seriously that hilarious.

You lose feeling for 5-10 seconds and your freakin out, chill the **** out man, it is just because the blood isnt getting to your hands properly, your arms being twisted up towards your head will be further restricting the blood flow.

Chill out, your not gonna die, sometimes i wake up with my arm above my head and ive lost feeling im my arm from the shoulder down......feels weird as hell!!!

You'll be fine man, just chill the **** out about it will ya, your not gonna die and your hands arent gonna drop off!! You probably wont get the pin&needles sensation as it isnt the same thing, but the numbness you explained is normal for partially restricted blood flow.....my advice......try not to lie on your face!!

well...this has been waking me up around 5 times a night....every night. My arms go where they want to at night. I have no control over what my body does when I'm asleep. I know you think this is probably nothing...and I suppose everyone wakes up 5 times per night due to nerves damage or blood flow issues...but I'm slightly worried.

you sleep with ya face down on the pillow and tell me if your hands go numb all through the night...then i'll be happy
    Last edited by Markjames; 12-06-2005 at 11:55 AM.

dcw3672 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcw3672 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcw3672 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcw3672 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcw3672 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcw3672 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcw3672 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are not the only one. I posted my thoughts on this old thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=595736