Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Big is out, Greek is in Outside backer's Avatar
    Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

HONEY: and its benefits

I know each day i take about a total of 5 tablespoons of honey in thru shakes and what not

Honey |

Many bodybuilders still think that all fast-digesting carbs will make them fat. But honey has been shown to be a highly efficient source of carbohydrates for the restoration of muscle glycogen. Apparently, it digests quickly, yet ultimately does not radically spike insulin levels. That means it is an ideal pre- and posttraining carb source for bodybuilders who struggle to control bodyfat levels. Use honey before or after you work out. Try two tablespoons in a workout shake or added to toasted white bread. Honey also contains potent antioxidants, as well as nitric oxide (NO) components.

Improve Athletic Performance and Heal Wounds with Honey?

Primarily honey has been used as an energy source, but recent research has examined the use of honey as an ergogenic aid (a food or ingredient that helps an athlete’s performance) and wound healing agent, both of which were once considered merely age-old anecdotes.

In the time of the ancient Olympics, athletes were reported to eat special foods, such as honey and dried figs, to enhance their sports performance. Recently, however, one group of researchers has investigated the use of honey as an ergogenic aid in athletes. The study involved a group of 39 weight-trained athletes, both male and female. Subjects underwent an intensive weight-lifting workout and then immediately consumed a protein supplement blended with either sugar, maltodextrin or honey as the carbohydrate source. The honey group maintained optimal blood sugar levels throughout the two hours following the workout. In addition, muscle recuperation and glycogen restoration (carbohydrates stored in muscle) was favorable in those individuals consuming the honey-protein combination.

Sustaining favorable blood sugar concentrations after endurance training by ingesting carbohydrates before, during and after training is important for maintaining muscle glycogen stores (glycogen is the form in which sugar is stored in muscle as ready-to-use fuel), so that muscle recuperation is more efficient and the athlete is ready to perform again at their highest level the next day. The best-studied ergogenic aid is carbohydrates because they are necessary for maintaining muscle glycogen stores. For now, honey appears to be just another source of carbohydrates that can help athletes perform at their best, rather than a superior choice over any other carbohydrate.

Honey is a sweet treat. But it is also good for many other things. It is good at treating many conditions.

If you have allergies, honey can be beneficial. If you eat honey that is local to your area, it may prevent your seasonal allergies. Bees use the pollen from local plants and eventually it ends up in your honey.

Honey may also be effective in the treatment of your ulcers.

According to the national honey institute, honey may be beneficial to athletes by reducing fatigue. Honey is good source of glucose and fructose.

Honey is a good source of antioxidants. They play a big role in the prevention of cancer as well as heart disease.

Honey may also be good for your skin. It has the ability to attract water. You can use honey instead of alpha hydroxy masks because if its high content of the acid. It is also safe for sensitive skin.

You can also use it as a moisturizing mask for your skin as well as your hair. To use it as a conditioner, Mix the honey with olive oil. Be sure to wash your hair thoroughly before you go outside.

If you have a sore throat, take some honey. It may not heal your sore throat but it will make it feel better as it heals. The taste may also take your mind off the pain.

There is evidence that honey diluted in water will help with your stomachaches and dehydration.

Health In Islam: Germ-Fighting Properties Germ-Fighting Properties

Do you have a cut? Honey is a natural antiseptic. Medical journals cite more than 600 cases in which honey was employed to treat wounds.By applying honey to your wounds, you prevent infections. Honey contains antimicrobial agents, which prevents infections by killing the bacteria in and around your wounds. When using honey it may help to heat it up before putting it on your wound (caution test the heat before you place it on the wound).Many types of bacteria can’t survive in honey, so wounds heal, swelling eases, and tissue can grow back.

Honey may also be effective in the treatment of your ulcers.In Europe, honey has been used internally to help cure ulcers, particularly stomach ulcers.

Burns, too, heal better with honey, studies show. The advantage of honey is that it not only prevents infections from occurring, it actually accelerates skin healing.. Since the sugar in honey absorbs water it helps to trap some of the moisture so that the bacteria and other microbes can’t grow as easily as in other food.

Other Benefits of Honey

Easily digested: Because sugar molecules in honey can convert into other sugars (e.g. fructose to glucose), honey is easily digested by the most sensitive stomachs, despite its high acid content. It helps kidneys and intestines to function better.

Good source of antioxidants: It plays a big role in the prevention of cancer as well as heart disease.

Has a low calorie level: Another quality of honey is that, when it is compared with the same amount of sugar, it gives 40% less calories to the body. Although it gives great energy to the body, it does not add weight.

Rapidly diffuses through the blood: When accompanied by mild water, honey diffuses into the bloodstream in 7 minutes. Its free sugar molecules make the brain function better since the brain is the largest consumer of sugar, thus, reduces fatigue.

Supports blood formation: Honey provides an important part of the energy needed by the body for blood formation. In addition, it helps in cleansing the blood. It has some positive effects in regulating and facilitating blood circulation. It also functions as a protection against capillary problems and arteriosclerosis.

Does not accommodate bacteria: This bactericide (bacteria-killing) property of honey is named "the inhibition effect". Experiments conducted on honey show that its bactericide properties increase twofold when diluted with water. It is very interesting to note that newly born bees in the colony are nourished with diluted honey by the bees responsible for their supervision - as if they know this feature of the honey.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...dspice&dbid=96

Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deadhead94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    helll yes. I am an outspoken advocate for honey. Matter of fact, I have a friend who runs his own beehives, and provides me with a jar of natural honey every few months.

It is like a manfactured food, but manafactured by insects.

Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    get out! seriously. id love a jar of natural honey

vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000) vegHead is a name known to all. (+5000)
    actually I used to work with a guy who kept bees and made honey too, mmmmm fresh honey is so good
    you can boast about anything if it?s all you have. Maybe the less you have, the more you are required to boast.

Proteios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Proteios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Proteios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Proteios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Proteios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Proteios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Proteios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Proteios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Proteios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Proteios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Proteios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a jar of honey sitting in the pantry...somewhere.

If you think about it...it's somewhat like the 'whiting' in eggs as honey to bees. Nutrition to feed the unborn.

I guess I'll give it a try.

Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My buddy's big brother is a bee keeper in Montana. He makes that absolute best tasting honey i've ever had in my life. My buddy say's it's because each jar of honey he uhh.....jars I guess, is from the same hive. I guess mixing honey from different hives effects it?? Who the hell knows, that's what I was told, and it was bad ass honey.
    If one is born a male, at least once in his life he'll dream of becoming the strongest man alive.

"Once you do them you will own the squat."

-Fitnessman referring to 3-count squat pauses.

Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Are the aforementioned effects of honey such as its bacteriacide effects restricted to a specific type of honey or to all types of honey, and is it limited only to natural unpasteurized or also to pasteurized.

good question ill have to find that out. im sure you cant go buy honey and stick it on a cut lol

I know all through basic training I would pound packets of honey at each meal to keep me energized . i was so beat and having no sugar or caffiene and being expected to workout daily ( that is what they called it ) was draining

still to this day i still take my honey in each day

Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by olb33
    good question ill have to find that out. im sure you cant go buy honey and stick it on a cut lol

I know all through basic training I would pound packets of honey at each meal to keep me energized . i was so beat and having no sugar or caffiene and being expected to workout daily ( that is what they called it ) was draining

still to this day i still take my honey in each day
    I could swear that article states you can. LOL gotta give that a whirl later on.

let us know how it goes hahaha

nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Look into Royal Jelly too..
    Royal jelly is a type of bee secretion that aids in the development of immature or young bees. It is secreted by the heads of young workers and used (amongst other substances) to feed the young until they develop to the desired rank. If a queen is desired, the hatchling will receive only royal jelly as its food source, in order that she will become sexually mature and have the fully developed ovaries needed to lay more eggs for the hive.

People collect royal jelly for a dietary supplement. It contains all of the B-complex vitamins, including a high concentration of pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) and vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), and is the only natural source of pure acetylcholine. Royal jelly also contains minerals, enzymes, hormones, eighteen amino acids, antibacterial and antibiotic components, and vitamins A, C, D and E.

A device is fitted on to the entrance of the hive which scrapes the secretion off the bees as they enter.

This product must be combined with honey for preservation, as it spoils easily. It should be kept refrigerated and tightly sealed.

For some animal rights advocates and other groups such as vegans, the collection of royal jelly for human use is considered unethical.
    Last edited by nick912; 12-04-2005 at 04:56 PM.
    Any questions on the Air Force and how it can help meet your needs PM me!

CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000)
    I buy it from the Amish for 5 dollars a quart.

What you guys have to remember is that all honey is not created equal.

You need to investigate the preperation methods and make sure that it is RAW HONEY (which means it hasnt been heated above 115 degrees) so that the valuable enzymes that make Honey such a wonderful food and medicine arent destroyed....

Remember...
    RAW HONEY is honey never heated above 115 degrees.
    Any honey you buy in the store, unless specifically labeled otherwise, is NOT raw honey, but a mass produced inferior product!
    The BIG Yerba Thread (Yes it's Amazing)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=536452133&postcount=2863

good point when i lived in PA we go to amish country all the time for food lol

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That reminds me that we have a farmer's market here every wednesday and saturday. I use the generic honey from the grocery store, but I think I will go to the farmer's market sometime this week and get the good stuff!
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

another day in paradise punksurfer024's Avatar
    punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) punksurfer024 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    very good post!
    Millecor Sponsored Athlete

nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Royal Jelly dudes...

Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by nick912
    Royal Jelly dudes...
    whasso gooddaboutit?

Originally Posted by Dosquito
    whasso gooddaboutit?
    Check out post #11
    It has far more nutrients and benefits than just standard honey.

323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Once you try this stuff, you'll never eat another type. Incredible, and well worth $22 for the 1kg size.

http://www.comvita.com/eng/multiflora-honey.html

jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks a lot, now you guys are making my lazy ass get up to go see if I have some honey to put on toast...after reading this, I'm craving the hell out of it!
    DIABLO BARBELL
    1003, 540, 800 Multiply

Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified

uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknowmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Excellent post....

Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100) Itadienekes is not very well liked. (-100)
    Royal jelly is the ****! Honey is the ****! I love both! Royal jelly is very expensive and has a very strong taste to it, but I love it. Honey comes in such a great variety, I always have 4-5 different flavours of honey on hand (chestnuttree honey, mountain-lily honey, sunflower honey, canadian mapletree honey at the moment.. )

Also, look into Propolis / Propolmiel for immune system support! I don't know if you can find that stuff here in the US, but back home in Italy it's kindof a traditional remedy for cold and flu. It works wonders!
    - Amateur Muay Thai 4-1
    - Amateur MMA 1-1

[IIFYM Crew], [IF Crew], Fighter.

royal jelly huh.

im gonna have to try that im always up for trying something new

Da Swede is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Swede is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Swede is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Swede is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Swede is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Swede is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Swede is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Swede is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Swede is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Swede is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da Swede is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Honey rules!

Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000)
    great post

read it all, honey does have some great benefits
    Train hard. No pain, no gain!

321bh will become famous soon enough. (+50) 321bh will become famous soon enough. (+50) 321bh will become famous soon enough. (+50) 321bh will become famous soon enough. (+50) 321bh will become famous soon enough. (+50) 321bh will become famous soon enough. (+50) 321bh will become famous soon enough. (+50) 321bh will become famous soon enough. (+50) 321bh will become famous soon enough. (+50) 321bh will become famous soon enough. (+50) 321bh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I pay good money for a fresh bottle of mountian bee honey.. and mm mm mm does it taste good.. one table spoon straight up or mix it in with warm milk.. good for sore throats too..

SEA-J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEA-J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEA-J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEA-J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEA-J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEA-J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEA-J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEA-J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEA-J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEA-J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEA-J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great post...I eat honey everyday. From what Ive read unpasterized is supposed to have better benefits than pasterized. Its all good though...

chainsaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) chainsaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) chainsaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) chainsaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) chainsaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) chainsaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) chainsaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) chainsaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) chainsaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) chainsaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) chainsaw is on a distinguished road. (+10)

hammerhands will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammerhands will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammerhands will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammerhands will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammerhands will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammerhands will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammerhands will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammerhands will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammerhands will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammerhands will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammerhands will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wish I could take honey but I'm allergic to it. Really suks.
    Physical Fitness
    Self Control
    Self Confidence

gonna get my natural honey today