Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

pars is has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

best cardio for low back pain

I've been off the gym for 4 months for low back pain.
    Recently I started doing some exercises with light weights with accent on abs/lower back. I'm dying to do some cardio though, although I'm not sure I'm ready yet.
    What type of cardio you think is most suitable to start with?
    Citius, Altus, Fortius

Stats: 6'1", 220 lbs
    BodyPoints: 7192
    Zensuji has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Zensuji has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Zensuji has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Zensuji has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Zensuji has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Zensuji has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Zensuji has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Zensuji has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Zensuji has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Zensuji has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Zensuji has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Zensuji's BodySpace
    well i dont know whats wrong with your back, so i'd clear anything with the doctor/physio first. having said that i would think swimming may be your best bet

Stats: 5'8", 206 lbs
    BodyPoints: 22670
    jocularric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jocularric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jocularric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jocularric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jocularric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jocularric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jocularric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jocularric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jocularric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jocularric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jocularric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit jocularric's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by tetsuo
    clear anything with the doctor/physio first.
    But having been there I recommend walking along with the exercises your doctor prescribes.

I was amazed how suddenly I became aware of the many muscles involved in that simple act of walking. And how they work together. It's like a symphony that plays in the background. Most of the time we don't notice it but it's there.
    You can play the game or live the adventure.

Goals--To be able to do the following exercises:
    Front Lever Pull-ups
    Planche Push-ups
    Muscle Ups
    Human Flag

Rhyalus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rhyalus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit Rhyalus's BodySpace
    I have a herniated disk in my spine.

I would say the eliptical is your best choice, but you did not indicate what you are trying to accomplish.

For fat burning, the low intensity eliptical is the way to go. You could increase the difficulty to get the heart rate up, but you might be better off with the stair master if *cardio* is really what you are trying to do.

Regards,
    R

BodyPoints: 155
    dapper has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dapper has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dapper has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dapper has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dapper has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dapper has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dapper has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dapper has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dapper has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dapper has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) dapper has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit dapper's BodySpace

I have degenerative disk disease

I have a problem with going to the grocery store. Within 5 to 10 min my legs go numb and I have to either find a seat so I won't fall down or I have to bend over to realease the pressure on my spine or my nerves whatever is causing it.

I started out walking in my fat zone heart rate level and I can go longer walking on a treadmill than I can in a store. But lately within 5 min on the treadmill my right leg is numb and I have to grab the handrails and bend over. I keep walking and the numbness goes away for a short while. In a 30 min walk I probably have to bend over 6 times.

I can do eith bike without any back pain but I don't like the bike.

I cannot do elipticle, stairmaster, the skiing machine, or any other machine without pain and or numbness except one.

THE ROWING MACHINE!!!!!!!! I got a tip from a guy on here once to try rowing. Heck I never see anyone at my gym rowing. So at least I have never had to wait on it. I absolutely love rowing. I feel it all over my entire body. Chest, arms, abs, back, legs. There is no pain at all not even after I am done. I will be a rower for life. I will always recommend rowing to anyone.