Thread: Healing

Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Healing

Is there anyway to supplement my diet this week to increase my healing time (I have surgery on friday).

I was planning on taking my Animal Pak's every day this week, and doubling up on Thursday, I think that might give me a small immune system boost.

Any other suggestions / advice would be appreciated.

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd have to say up your calories.

Especially your protein. Protein's primary purpose is to what heal up a damaged bodypart? Particularly for us bodybuilders a muscle group.

Next I'd say up your carbs so that your body has the energy to repair itself.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wurtis15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sounds like a good idea. The surgery is for my wisdom teeth, if that provides any info. (I already searched and read all the wisdom teeth threads, but none mentioned accellerated healing time) My problem is the week after this one is Finals week, and I don't wanna be all f'ed up for it.

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    oh....wisdom teeth.. I got mine removed during boot camp. Not very pleasent. It wasn't TOO terribly painful they numbed my mouth up quite a bit. Gave me plenty of drugs. And I was fine in a few days. However the back of my mouth was a tad bit sore for almost a week.

I suggest you sleep with a napkin or something on top of your pillow cause during the night a drueled blood out all over the pillow. TRY and refrain from sucking on the blood clots when it eventually happens. As this can lead to dry socket. Luckily my "sockets" filled themselves in.

You should be ok though. I was in one of the most stressful environments possible and didn't have access to a "high protein diet". And I was fine.
    Last edited by ReSpAwN DeMoN; 12-04-2005 at 03:56 PM.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

anyone else?