SWriter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A couple of questions

From a guy who doesn't know much. You see I've been trying to lose body fat but I have an odd metabolism which if I ever do lose it will benefit me greatly.

You see no matter how much I eat or don't eat I tend to never gain or lose wait. I've actually tested this by for two weeks dieting by reducing intake and for two weeks overeating at various buffets(it was fun) and at the end of both weeks nothing changed. I was 195lbs both times.

Now the questions.

1)In the case of doing cardio first thing in the morning(with only a glass of water) what would be the recommended amount of time for the average joe.
    2)Since the adipose tissue only release fatty acid in response to epinephrine, norepinephrine, glucagon and adrenocorticotropic hormone, would something like caffeine or a stimulant really help in the process? One could increase one's metabolism but that doesn't mean fatty acids alone will be burned. Protein and Glycogen will be lost as well
    3)During muscle recovery I've found consuming a majority of fats caused greater(noticeable) muscle growth. Does anyone have any ideas on why that is?
    4)Does water really amount to anything. I drink a lot of water(because I like the taste, really) but other than if you are going to take creatine supplements I haven't seen much use in weight loss.
    Note: You lose weight from drinking cold water as it lowers body temperature forcing the body to burn one calorie to bring it back up. Water has no calories.
    5)How does the whole six meal thing work as I've never seen any difference when I tried it.
    Second Note: I ask because of a book I bought call "Body for life" which was the biggest mistake I've ever done. I ended up skinny fat because of overtraining(I recover from workouts very slowly for some reason) and had to work out for three months to get back to normal. It was terrible.

Any answers to these would be appreciated.

Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'll comment on some of this and let others chime in on other parts...

Water - if you are drinking lots of water then you should be in the best position relative to water consumption to loose fat. Water plays a role in loosing fat as it is needed to help flush fat out of your body. So don't quit drinking water.

6 meals a day - Eating 6 meals a day evenly spaced is supposed to help you loose weight also. If you are eating more regularly then your body is not supposed to keep the fat around because it now knows where its next meal is coming from. If you wait 6 hours between meals then your body can start into a starvation mode.

I am wondering if your tests were comprehensive enough. I would suggest that you log everything you eat for 3 days to a week - preferrably a week. Don't change anything at all yet, just log EVERYTHING. you want to know what it was you ate and how much you ate of it.

The next step would be to figure out how many calories, carbs, fat, and protein was in each day's worth of logged foods.

This will give you a base line of calories, and a baseline of what your macronutrients are currently.

Next step is to work on your macronutrient ratios and reduce your caloric intake by 200 - 400 calories a day for a couple of weeks and see how that treats you.

With all that informaion there are tons of people on here that will be able to help you figure out your dillema. BUT, YOU HAVE TO BE HONEST ON THE FOOD LOG! None of this work will do you any good if you fail to mention that you had a few M&M's around 10AM or you had a little piece of cake at a co-worker's' birthday party.