Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

BAD bloodwork post weight loss--they found somerthing!

A few months ago I did a drastic (literally, deadly) cut and dropped from 255 lbs to the low 170s in just a matter of months. Aside from having bad skin now (yes i know i deserve it), I went for a blood test today to get my results and they found something.

Specifically, the doctor told me that my CK was WAY out of whack (creatine something) and he didn't tell me anything specifically but he's sending me again to get the bloodwork done without exercise.

What is this? Is it dangerous?
    I would like to apologize to all members for my BS messages posted in the past. I was an immature, dumb high school kid and have learned better ways since then. Sure, I could create a new account under a completely new username, but I'm going to try to re-build myself, if that's even possible with all this red.

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have no clue but if you starved yourself or did an extremly excessive amount of exercise which I'm guessing you did if you cut weight that fast, it could really throw the levels of hormones and everything else in your body off. I don't know specifics, but unless you did it the right way, very possible something is wrong.
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

TuSeMorte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatine_kinase

My father inlaw had low CK in renial failure.

Surgeon By 2012 or Bust! -Aaron-'s Avatar
    -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You starved yourself... I hate to be blunt, but your problems could of been avoided.

Edit: You lost 91 to 100 pounds in 4 months... I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by -Aaron-; 01-03-2008 at 06:54 AM.
    "The world will look up and shout save us... And I'll whisper, no."

Leonidas300, SCDiesel23, Jkeith are my heroes.

Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by harvard_jd View Post
    Is it dangerous?
    Anything thats shows up in a blood test, that is abnormally high, could potentially be dangerous.

I'd be worried.

On a personal note:

I had some tests done 3 years ago, and my GGT levels were 95,00 and my ALT levels were +70,00. That was seriously high, its something to do with liver enzimes.
    Turns out the 4 bottles of gin, 2 bottles of wine and unlimited beer in a week I was consuming was damaging my liver

I havent drunk spirits since the day I got results back, and my liver is better now.

My point is, we all make mistakes, but we gotta learn from them.

Good luck
    Back on it

Dropped from 250lbs+

Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omnis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Get your blood tested again and have your doctor give you an EKG.

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Red face

Here is the most notable cause of CK in the blood...and confirms that you did a horrible thing to your body:

"Clinically, creatine kinase is assayed in blood tests as a marker of myocardial infarction (heart attack), rhabdomyolysis (severe muscle breakdown) and in acute renal failure."

You lost so much weight in such a short period of time that you caused severe muscle breakdown, raising your CK to a high level. I'm guessing that you lost a lot of LBM, along with fat. This should be a lessen to anyone that is trying to lose weight fast. There is not much you can do now, other than eat right and try to replace some of the muscle you lost.

Have a good one.
    My Will Is Hot Molten Lava

txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I guess that is why you read and hear most professionals and doctors say that weight loss greater than 2 lbs/week for an extended period of time is not good for you. Not to mention, that weight loss is typically so drastic that when you go off of whatever diet you are on...your body packs on the pounds in an attempt to save itself.

For all of us/those that are currently in the cutting/fat loss challenge, please pay attention to this. Don't do more damage to your body by trying to lose the weight too quickly. Do it the right way...slow and steady, and you will be healthier for it.
    A long way to go...but with hard work, dedication, and faith you can achieve anything.

-Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by txtechguy View Post
    I guess that is why you read and hear most professionals and doctors say that weight loss greater than 2 lbs/week for an extended period of time is not good for you.
    You can't use what doctors say as gold... I'm in medical school and the two pounds a week thing is a guideline and no harm will come unless you stop eating.

Not to mention, that weight loss is typically so drastic that when you go off of whatever diet you are on...your body packs on the pounds in an attempt to save itself.
    That is also false, somewhat. I'm a firm believer that starvation mode is a myth and unless you are barely eating anything a day, then a slow increase in calories will result in little to no fat gain.

For all of us/those that are currently in the cutting/fat loss challenge, please pay attention to this. Don't do more damage to your body by trying to lose the weight too quickly. Do it the right way...slow and steady, and you will be healthier for it.
    I did the Velocity Diet, while I loss some muscle, most of it was fat.

tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by -Aaron- View Post
    You can't use what doctors say as gold... I'm in medical school and the two pounds a week thing is a guideline and no harm will come unless you stop eating.
    I used to say things like this when I was a law student. Can you guess how my opinion changed after a few years of practicing law were under my belt?

Originally Posted by tanizaki View Post
    I used to say things like this when I was a law student. Can you guess how my opinion changed after a few years of practicing law were under my belt?
    Let's look at what doctors say, but have science proving them false.

Propaganda #1: Low-Carb diets aren't a good way to lose weight and are only a way to lose "short term" weight and will lead to a lot of muscle loss.

Truth #1: Although prolonged low carb diets may have some negative effects, short-term low-carb/high-fat diets are a great way to lose fat and keep it off. If muscle loss was such a concern, how to pro "natural" bodybuilders low-carb and keep a lot if not all muscle?

Propaganda #2: Eggs aren't good for you and will lead to high cholesterol down the road.

Truth #2: Dietary cholesterol has little effect on cholesterol levels.

Propaganda #3: Too much protein will cause problem with your kidneys down the line.

Truth #3: We have thousands of studies that prove two grams/bodyweight showed zero ill signs in patients of all ages.

See my point?

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That is also false, somewhat. I'm a firm believer that starvation mode is a myth and unless you are barely eating anything a day, then a slow increase in calories will result in little to no fat gain.
    I think starvation mode as many people believe it to be is a myth. I believe what most people think as starvation mode is actually an adverse change in metabolism as the body tries to prevent rapid weight loss. The term itself makes people believe that they are actually dying or could die. It is just the body reacting to too little calories, which makes it protect itself by slowing down metabolism. It lends credence to that theory that it is always better to eat more and burn more, thru weights and cardio, than thru calorie restriction alone.

Have a good one.

tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Let's look at what doctors say, but have science proving them false.

Propaganda #1: Low-Carb diets aren't a good way to lose weight and are only a way to lose "short term" weight and will lead to a lot of muscle loss.

Truth #1: Although prolonged low carb diets may have some negative effects, short-term low-carb/high-fat diets are a great way to lose fat and keep it off. If muscle loss was such a concern, how to pro "natural" bodybuilders low-carb and keep a lot if not all muscle?

Propaganda #2: Eggs aren't good for you and will lead to high cholesterol down the road.

Truth #2: Dietary cholesterol has little effect on cholesterol levels.

Propaganda #3: Too much protein will cause problem with your kidneys down the line.

Truth #3: We have thousands of studies that prove two grams/bodyweight showed zero ill signs in patients of all ages.

See my point?
    Yes, your point is a logical fallacy. You are saying since medical science has been incorrect before, nothing it has to say it worthy. That is fallacious, and a curious opinion to be held by one who endeavors to join medical science. It's a rather foolish way of thinking. You are saying, "I have found an example of a doctor who made a mistake. Therefore, you can't trust any medical predictions or advice." Can any intelligent person seriously think that the entire body of work of all doctors throughout history and up to the present day should be discounted if a single mistake is found? I hope not.

Science doesn't prove doctors incorrect. Other doctors prove doctors incorrect by doing science and replicating experiments. That is how the peer-review process works.

Doctors, like all other scientists, do not spout dogma (or "propoganda", as you term it) and say, "it is so because I say so". A doctor, and any other scientist will tell you that their conclusions are always subject to revision, amendment, or abandonment based on new data.

Lastly, I am amused by your Propaganda/Truth #1. The fact is that all diets fail. The "keep it off" part is a fallacy.

Yes, your point is a logical fallacy. You are saying since medical science has been incorrect before, nothing it has to say it worthy.
    Had you read and comprehended my initial post, I stated you can't take physicians advice as "gold" when there is plenty of contradictions out there. I never said, "Doctors are always wrong!" You just put words into my mouth, which is kind of funny.

That is fallacious, and a curious opinion to be held by one who endeavors to join medical science. It's a rather foolish way of thinking. You are saying, "I have found an example of a doctor who made a mistake. Therefore, you can't trust any medical predictions or advice."
    Again, putting words into my mouth and my rebuttal is explained above. I love the fact you made two paragraphs stating the same exact thing.

Can any intelligent person seriously think that the entire body of work of all doctors throughout history and up to the present day should be discounted if a single mistake is found? I hope not.
    If science or a contradiction is found and proved making it empiricaly true, then yes. Just for clarification before you start putting words into my mouth again, I'm not discrediting the medical field nor do I want us to stop progressing.

Science doesn't prove doctors incorrect. Other doctors prove doctors incorrect by doing science and replicating experiments. That is how the peer-review process works.
    That's all science is, systematic experiments using ideas and truths to come to a conclusion. I'm very aware what science is and how it is done.

Doctors, like all other scientists, do not spout dogma (or "propoganda", as you term it) and say, "it is so because I say so". A doctor, and any other scientist will tell you that their conclusions are always subject to revision, amendment, or abandonment based on new data.
    Alright, let's end this perspective now. Being a medical physician doesn't automatically classify you as a scientist. I, however, will agree with your final point.

Lastly, I am amused by your Propaganda/Truth #1. The fact is that all diets fail. The "keep it off" part is a fallacy.
    It's not a fallacy as all diets will work if you continue doing it. So again, throwing around words to try and discredit me is redundant at best.
    Last edited by -Aaron-; 01-03-2008 at 11:09 AM.

txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txtechguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry to cause such contraversy. My point is this...when pursuing any kind of weight loss especially significant weight loss in this case, you should be seeing your doctor on a regular basis to look for such conditions as harvard_jd has described. Losing 85 pounds in a few short months is not common and puts quite a strain on the body...hence the outward signs of sagging skin. He lost weight faster than his body could keep up.

Now, if he stabilizes his weight and diet and allows his body to adjust, there may be little to no signs of damage in the future. I don't know...I am not a doctor...nor do I claim to be one.

As I said, steady consistent weight loss has proved to be the best means for me to lose weight and keep it off while remaining healthy.
    A long way to go...but with hard work, dedication, and faith you can achieve anything.

Talking

Originally Posted by madSano View Post
    Luckily -Aaron- wasn't too offended.
    No ****! That is the last thing we want to do.

[/walks away on egg shells]

Warning:AVA changed often madSano's Avatar
    madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hotmoltenlava View Post

lmao!

take the good with the bad.

Originally Posted by madSano View Post
    lmao!

By the way, having an avatar that isn't yourself is against forum policy... This isn't anabolic minds.

By the way, having an avatar that isn't yourself is against forum policy... This isn't anabolic minds.

Who's avatar are you referring to?

Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I though he looked old for his years...

Its actually a banable offense.

But imo its no different than not having the balls to post a real pic of yourself in your avatar
    Last edited by Bad Company; 01-03-2008 at 12:07 PM.
    Back on it

Dropped from 250lbs+

Originally Posted by Bad Company View Post
    I though he looked old for his years...

Its actually a banable offense.

But imo its no different than not having the balls to post a real pic of yourself in your avatar
    Well, I've posted pictures of myself in the ctting contest thread as well as on my Bodyspace progress pictures, so I hope that means I have enough e-balls for you.

However, for fear of being more seriously "owned" and "pwnt", I will be happy to place a picture of myself in my avatar. I was simply paying trbute to my grandfather, but I understand that you folks want to see more of a handsome genius like me.

Warning:AVA changed often madSano's Avatar
    madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well, I've posted pictures of myself in the ctting contest thread as well as on my Bodyspace progress pictures, so I hope that means I have enough e-balls for you.

However, for fear of being more seriously "owned" and "pwnt", I will be happy to place a picture of myself in my avatar. I was simply paying trbute to my grandfather, but I understand that you folks want to see more of a handsome genius like me.
    alright man, I just deleted my posts..

Let's end this here.

agreed?
    take the good with the bad.

Better an anabolic mind than a catabolic one. That's what I always say!

so I hope that means I have enough e-balls for you.

It wasnt directed at you. But no, it doesnt mean that u have the e-balls most of us have.
    Back on it

Dropped from 250lbs+

It wasnt directed at you. But no, it doesnt mean that u have the e-balls most of us have.
    How do you suggest increasing the size of my e-peen?

Directed at me?

How do you suggest increasing the size of my e-peen?
    Talk smack to both -Aaron- and Bad Company, then receive reps from them out of respect. They enjoy being bitch slapped, from time to time...... Your e-peen will grow soon. Be patient.

Talk smack to both -Aaron- and Bad Company, then receive reps from them out of respect. They enjoy being bitch slapped, from time to time...... Your e-peen will grow soon. Be patient.

I don't respect people who talk smack, I respect people who deserve it. Talking smack to me will just spark an argument (easye, commi, etc...), which you have seen plenty of times on this forum.

harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harvard_jd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Turns out every1 who exercises/lifts weights regularly typically has a high CK, but just to be sure blood test will be done w/out exercise.

Will keep updated.
    I would like to apologize to all members for my BS messages posted in the past. I was an immature, dumb high school kid and have learned better ways since then. Sure, I could create a new account under a completely new username, but I'm going to try to re-build myself, if that's even possible with all this red.

I don't respect people who talk smack, I respect people who deserve it. Talking smack to me will just spark an argument (easye, commi, etc...), which you have seen plenty of times on this forum.
    I thought commi was your buddy?

Edit: its that other chap, whats his name.. Basil..

My bad
    Back on it

Dropped from 250lbs+