Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2766
    sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by toekneedangg View Post
    muscle implants. worked for peter.
    Ok, whatever.
    *CEO B Built International
    *Head of Social Media/Online Marketing/PR @ All American Pharmaceutical
    *Columnist for Iron Man, Natural Muscle and Muscleandfitness.com
    *Creator of the P/RR/S, FDF/FS and O-BEY-6 Training Systems
    *Trainer/Prep Coach to Athletes Globally

"Limits can be discussed, but in no way need be obeyed."

lAlDlRllAlN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help PRRS noob here

Hi im fairly new to the site and I joined with the intention of finding a new routine. So I decided that I liked this one the best, since it looks like one of the most promising. Today was my second day of PRRS training, and I was wondering if it was ok to jump around with the weight a bit to get a feel for the tempo and find a comfortable weight. For example, instead of doing bench-press 4x4-6x165, I moved around to find a comfortable weight for that rep range and ended up doing it this way; 1x6x155, 1x6x160, 1x6x165, 1x5x170.

My question is was it ok for my to pyramid up the weight, since it was my first time using this routine and will I still get the hypothetical benefits of the program? And how important is it to stay to a strict weight like 4x4-6x165?...because I like pyramiding from time to time.

Also is this a viable split? If not what kind of 5 day split would you recommend. And thanks for your time.

Day 1 - Chest/Abs

Day 2 - Back

Day 3 - Legs

Day 4 - Off

Day 5 - Delts/Traps

Day 6 - Bis/Tris

Day 7 - Off

snowboardray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowboardray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowboardray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowboardray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowboardray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snowboardray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lAlDlRllAlN View Post
    Hi im fairly new to the site and I joined with the intention of finding a new routine. So I decided that I liked this one the best, since it looks like one of the most promising. Today was my second day of PRRS training, and I was wondering if it was ok to jump around with the weight a bit to get a feel for the tempo and find a comfortable weight. For example, instead of doing bench-press 4x4-6x165, I moved around to find a comfortable weight for that rep range and ended up doing it this way; 1x6x155, 1x6x160, 1x6x165, 1x5x170.

My question is was it ok for my to pyramid up the weight, since it was my first time using this routine and will I still get the hypothetical benefits of the program? And how important is it to stay to a strict weight like 4x4-6x165?...because I like pyramiding from time to time. I don't think pyramiding UP is the way to go. I pyramid DOWN. If you can do 6 reps with 165, why would you start with 155? Let your first set be the strongest, give it max effort. Maybe it'll look more like 175 x 6, 175 x 4, and 165 x6.

Also is this a viable split? If not what kind of 5 day split would you recommend. And thanks for your time. I would stick with the basic split. I believe its the ideal for this program. Chest/Bi, Legs, Delts/Tri, Back. I like adding calves to back day personally, but i like training calves on seperate day cuz they are stubborn!

Day 1 - Chest/Abs

Day 2 - Back

Day 3 - Legs

Day 4 - Off

Day 5 - Delts/Traps

Day 6 - Bis/Tris

Day 7 - Off
    Response in BOLD above

BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any idea on how I could switch up the routine of should I keep it the same as the original format. Ive ran 2 cycles of PPRS so far, one for a bulk then again for a cut. Now Im back to bulking should I just run the same program again with maybe some minor tweaks?

sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BigAl33 View Post
    Any idea on how I could switch up the routine of should I keep it the same as the original format. Ive ran 2 cycles of PPRS so far, one for a bulk then again for a cut. Now Im back to bulking should I just run the same program again with maybe some minor tweaks?
    You can do several things now:

-change bodypart split
    -change some or all exercises
    -switch exercise order

Even minor tweaks will keep your system off balance and growth will continue.

dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    About to start Shock week #2 tomorrow...lifts are going up 5-10lbs a week...keep updating my sig with progress, love this workout except for chest days, have to go at an obscure time of day so that im not sitting on the bench for 30 minutes, no biggie.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dvrmstrng View Post
    About to start Shock week #2 tomorrow...lifts are going up 5-10lbs a week...keep updating my sig with progress, love this workout except for chest days, have to go at an obscure time of day so that im not sitting on the bench for 30 minutes, no biggie.
    So glad to hear you are enjoying my PRRS training program!

BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigAl33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey sixth thanks for all the help, I just have a couple more questions. As above stated I think Im going to have to make some minor tweaks to adjust my routine. Do you know about the 5x5 lifts, if you do you think I can implement some of its philosophy into the routine. For example on power week instead of doing 3x 4-6 of the same weight or close to I can just ramp it up for example 95x5 115x5 135x5 155x5 175x5 like how 5x5 works. I think maybe this will help with the strength as I find it hard to gain when trying to pump out 3x5 of the same weight. Also Is there a way to adjust the weeks so I could get my body out of sync. Maybe instead of PPRS, PP/R/PP/S would help. Any recommendations would be awesome. Again thanks for the help, this routine is great.

PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BigAl33 View Post
    Hey sixth thanks for all the help, I just have a couple more questions. As above stated I think Im going to have to make some minor tweaks to adjust my routine. Do you know about the 5x5 lifts, if you do you think I can implement some of its philosophy into the routine. For example on power week instead of doing 3x 4-6 of the same weight or close to I can just ramp it up for example 95x5 115x5 135x5 155x5 175x5 like how 5x5 works. I think maybe this will help with the strength as I find it hard to gain when trying to pump out 3x5 of the same weight. Also Is there a way to adjust the weeks so I could get my body out of sync. Maybe instead of PPRS, PP/R/PP/S would help. Any recommendations would be awesome. Again thanks for the help, this routine is great.
    First off, there is nothing set in stone about this program stating that you have to use the same weight for each set. You're supposed to pick whatever weight will allow you to fail in the 4-6 rep range for power week using the correct tempo. For example, your first you might be able to Bench 200x6. The next set you might only be able to push out 200x4. Therefore on the 3rd set you should drop the weight down to say 195 or 190 to make sure you can get at least 4 reps in. Look at every set on it's on as opposed to each exercise on it's own and remember to just pick the best possible weight for that set to fall into that 4-6 rep range. I don't think ramping the weight the way it's done in a 5x5 routine will allow you to get the most out of this routine.

Btw, there is no PP week, it's P/RR/S. And many people have done different combos depending on what you're trying to focus on. If strength is more important to you, you might do something like PP/PP/RR/S. There are a lot of different ways people have organized the different weeks but the key is to maintain the general guidelines to each week (tempo, rep range, and rest between sets).

Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    would PRRS be good for a bulk?

PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tomp7 View Post
    It's awesome for a bulk. I saw great results on it when I tried it for the first time while bulking. Just make sure you're eating enough as the different tempos and rep ranges will really tax your body if you're not eating enough to fully recover.

BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It is great for a bulk. I like p/rr/s more during a bulk, however I use this program all year round. I have been using p/rr/s for years now, I highly highly recomend it.

Bump for some people asking me about this!

PRRS is amazing for two things:

1-Adding muscle when in a calorie surplus
    2-Maintaining muscle when in a calorie deficit

This is why I have used it year around (with FDFS sprinkled in) for the last decade!

LucasR1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    TKs for sharing your protocols, obviously you've included a lot of time in developing it.

I'll start with it in December.

I exercise 2 days on a row with one day off just 3 days a week and a cardio day as the fourth day of the week, starting with the same cycle the following week. This works fine for me.

I was considering the following split:

...DAY 1: chest + shoulders * (entering shoulders with deltoids already half worked)
    ...DAY 2:legs * (heavy on legs and with 2 days ahead recovering for the cardio day)
    off
    ...DAY 3: back and biceps + Triceps. *(Biceps enter with some work already done as in the case of shoulders/ chest. Triceps have had some rest so I can attack them and have a couple days recovering to enter the next chest day without sacrificing Lbs)
    ... DAY 4: cardio + abs * (bike or running, girlfriend time too so I've to attach to her willing that day)

Applying this to your protocol, it seem that I'll be sacrificing a couple of exercises on biceps / triceps, but I don't like to grow my arms to much, so it's fine to me.
    In this way I save time ( I don't have much, but I don't want to sacrifice sport time).

What are your opinions? Any other has an opinion / advice to share?

Thanks.

BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post

This is why I have used it year around (with FDFS sprinkled in) for the last decade!
    I know you write for IronMan, so I guess I'm just trying to clarify an assumption here. With specific exercises you're trying to hit all POF angles correct?
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152183263

Originally Posted by BringtheNoise View Post
    I know you write for IronMan, so I guess I'm just trying to clarify an assumption here. With specific exercises you're trying to hit all POF angles correct?
    I was an advocate of POF-type training long before that method was introduced through IM magazine. Steve Holeman simply organized it and put a name to it...and has done a great job of maximizing its usefulness.

So yes, I do usually attempt to hit the POF angles.

Originally Posted by LucasR1 View Post
    TKs for sharing your protocols, obviously you've included a lot of time in developing it.

I'll start with it in December.

I exercise 2 days on a row with one day off just 3 days a week and a cardio day as the fourth day of the week, starting with the same cycle the following week. This works fine for me.

I was considering the following split:

...DAY 1: chest + shoulders * (entering shoulders with deltoids already half worked)
    ...DAY 2:legs * (heavy on legs and with 2 days ahead recovering for the cardio day)
    off
    ...DAY 3: back and biceps + Triceps. *(Biceps enter with some work already done as in the case of shoulders/ chest. Triceps have had some rest so I can attack them and have a couple days recovering to enter the next chest day without sacrificing Lbs)
    ... DAY 4: cardio + abs * (bike or running, girlfriend time too so I've to attach to her willing that day)

Applying this to your protocol, it seem that I'll be sacrificing a couple of exercises on biceps / triceps, but I don't like to grow my arms to much, so it's fine to me.
    In this way I save time ( I don't have much, but I don't want to sacrifice sport time).

What are your opinions? Any other has an opinion / advice to share?

Thanks.
    Thank you for your kind words.

What you propose here is just fine. I am most concerned that lifters apply the PRINCIPLES of PRRS than necessarily use the exact program as laid out. PRRS can be successful used in many ways.

BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000) BringtheNoise is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was an advocate of POF-type training long before that method was introduced through IM magazine. Steve Holeman simply organized it and put a name to it...and has done a great job of maximizing its usefulness.

So yes, I do usually attempt to hit the POF angles.
    Kind of what I figured, and how I try to organize my prrs.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152183263

Originally Posted by BringtheNoise View Post
    Kind of what I figured, and how I try to organize my prrs.
    Excellent, thanks!

tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

"with FDFS sprinkled in"
    LOL, Eric, you made it sound ''painless''.
    Keep rockin it bro!!!

Originally Posted by tank316 View Post
    "with FDFS sprinkled in"
    LOL, Eric, you made it sound ''painless''.
    Keep rockin it bro!!!
    I guess you do not "sprinkle" FDFS but rather drop it painfully on your head!

tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I guess you do not "sprinkle" FDFS but rather drop it painfully on your head!
    painfully loving the growth!!!

BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRick87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tank316 View Post
    painfully loving the growth!!!
    Yes Sir.

Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tomp7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

'

I completed my first week of PRRS and really like it but i am just a little iffy for using it while bulking because of the supersets and rep ranges. Do you guys think if i just did power for a 9 week cycle would be more benficial vs. PRRS for a bulk? I definatley believe you that PRRS is good for a bulk but i am just wondering if a 9 week power cycle would add more mass? Thanks again guys.

'

I completed my first week of PRRS and really like it but i am just a little iffy for using it while bulking because of the supersets and rep ranges. Do you guys think if i just did power for a 9 week cycle would be more benficial vs. PRRS for a bulk? I definatley believe you that PRRS is good for a bulk but i am just wondering if a 9 week power cycle would add more mass? Thanks again guys.
    Why would you be concerned about the supersets and rep ranges during a bulk? Those help promote hypertrophy. If you're concerned that you're going to burn more calories during those sets (which really shouldn't be a concern) just make sure you account for that by eating a little more each day.

I just wasn't sure if the supersets and rep ranges are good for bulking compared to doing just low reps

Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post
    Why would you be concerned about the supersets and rep ranges during a bulk? Those help promote hypertrophy. If you're concerned that you're going to burn more calories during those sets (which really shouldn't be a concern) just make sure you account for that by eating a little more each day.
    Exactly. Good post!

PRRS is a hypertrophy driven program, meant to tap into the MANY different physiological mechanisms we have for growth...SS/DS being two techniques that help stimulate some of these mechanisms!

MassBigelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) MassBigelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) MassBigelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) MassBigelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) MassBigelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) MassBigelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) MassBigelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) MassBigelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) MassBigelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) MassBigelow will become famous soon enough. (+50) MassBigelow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just started my first P/RR/S cycle yesterday. My body feels like I laid down in the snow for 3 hours then got shredded by a snow blower... I love the burn.

Here is my split:
    Sat: chest/bis
    Sun: back/abs
    Mon: rest
    Tues: shoulders/tris
    Wed: rest
    Thur: Legs/abs
    Fri: rest

so far so good. I have a journal going if anyone wants to follow it. I will/can add some of my recipes for dinners if anyone is down.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129276641
    my log

I can't wait to see what the next few months will bring.

Originally Posted by MassBigelow View Post
    I just started my first P/RR/S cycle yesterday. My body feels like I laid down in the snow for 3 hours then got shredded by a snow blower... I love the burn.

Here is my split:
    Sat: chest/bis
    Sun: back/abs
    Mon: rest
    Tues: shoulders/tris
    Wed: rest
    Thur: Legs/abs
    Fri: rest

so far so good. I have a journal going if anyone wants to follow it. I will/can add some of my recipes for dinners if anyone is down.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129276641
    my log

I can't wait to see what the next few months will bring.
    Awesome post! Definitely will be following your log!