Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bump for a legendary thread! P/RR/S FTW.
    Remember God in prosperity and He will remember you in adversity
    -Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Rule between them by that which Allah revealed to you, and do not follow their vain desires away from the truth (5:48)

How few are the Romans and how numerous are we? 'An army's strength lies not in numbers of men but in Allah's help, and its weakness lies in being forsaken by Allah.
    -Khalid ibn al-Walid

Islamic Alliance- Al-Aqsa Division

DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    what is jew reps?
    Intrepid Explorer & Guardian of the Possible.

My half-assed "11-oxo bridge into PCT" log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6809791

sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 2X-eed View Post
    Bump for a legendary thread! P/RR/S FTW.

Thanks for the bump!
    *CEO B Built International
    *Head of Social Media/Online Marketing/PR @ All American Pharmaceutical
    *Columnist for Iron Man, Natural Muscle and Muscleandfitness.com
    *Creator of the P/RR/S, FDF/FS and O-BEY-6 Training Systems
    *Trainer/Prep Coach to Athletes Globally

"Limits can be discussed, but in no way need be obeyed."

sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Griff79 View Post
    Greetings,
    I have read your article and think it looks very good. I am going to try it out for the 3 full cycles and see how well it works for me. Would you please give this initial workout plan the once over to make sure I have the concepts correct. Any constructive feedback would be welcome.

First I should start out with my stats to give some reference so you will know more about me.
    46yo
    207 lbs
    17% body fat
    Lifelong athlete
    Consistently inconsistent lifting weights for the last 10yrs
    3 injuries I need to train around: L5-S1 disk, C5-C6 disk and right shoulder can get angry if not cautious

Goals: add strength, add some size, increase my flexibility, improve my aerobic capacity and reduce my body fat. I know it is impossible to do all these at the same time but I am developing a yearlong plan to emphasize each one of these hallmarks of athleticism.

For the next 9 weeks I will focus on the weights, eating well, doing some cardio and stretching post weight training, as the year progresses I will probably switch the focus to more body fat reduction but that will be in the future.

Here is the plan I came up with for the first week of P/RR/S training. It is a start and can be adjusted as we go.

4 day split as suggested, 2 on 1 off, 2 on 2 off.
    Chest/Biceps
    Quads/Hams
    Lats/Low Back
    Shoulders/Triceps

Day 1: Bench 4 x 4-6
    Incline dumbbell 4 x 4-6
    Weighted Dips 2-3 x 4-6
    Cardio 30 -45 min
    Stretching

Day 2: Squat 4 x 4-6
    Leg Press 4 x 4-6
    Leg extensions 2-3 4-6
    Lying Leg Curl 4 x 4-6
    Seated Leg Curl 4 x 4-6
    Lunge 2 x 4-6
    Cardio 30 min bike, easy
    Stretching

Day 3: OFF

Day 4: Lats Pull-ups 4 x 4-6
    Row 4 x 4-6
    Close Grip Pull down 2-3 x 4-6
    Hyperextensions 4 x 10 -15 I have a low back injury so I have to
    be careful here at the start.
    Good Mornings light for higher reps for now.
    Cardio 30-45 min
    Stretching

Day 5: Over Head Press 4 x 4-6
    Arnold Press 4 x 4-6
    Push Press 2-3 x 4-6
    Skull Crusher 4 x 4-6
    Pushdowns 4 x 4-6
    Over Head Rope Pulley 2-3 x 4-6
    Cardio 30-45 min
    Stretching

Days 6 & 7 OFF

Thank you,
    Griff
    Overall, a good interpretation of POWER week. Only comment is on Day 5, where there are too many overhead presses. You really only need one. I would rather see something like:

-Over Head Press 4 x 4-6
    -WG BB Upright Row 3 x 4-6
    -Standing Bent Over Lateral 3 x 4-6

2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000) 2X-eed is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DOMESKI View Post
    what is jew reps?
    A Jewish guy repped me and the rep comment was "Jew reps" a while back.
    -Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Rule between them by that which Allah revealed to you, and do not follow their vain desires away from the truth (5:48)

How few are the Romans and how numerous are we? 'An army's strength lies not in numbers of men but in Allah's help, and its weakness lies in being forsaken by Allah.
    -Khalid ibn al-Walid

Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
    Thanks for the bump!
    Well deserved. Great thread.
    -Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

-Khalid ibn al-Walid

Griff79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griff79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griff79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griff79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griff79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griff79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griff79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griff79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griff79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griff79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Griff79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    SixthSense,

Thank you for the feed back,

I have difficulty performing upright row and standing laterals because of my shoulder injury.

Bent over laterals are ok for rear delts. Do you have any other suggestions for substitute exercises?

Griff

Originally Posted by Griff79 View Post
    SixthSense,

Thank you for the feed back,

I have difficulty performing upright row and standing laterals because of my shoulder injury.

Bent over laterals are ok for rear delts. Do you have any other suggestions for substitute exercises?

Griff
    Hmm, well, you are pretty limited then and should probably perform a BB press a DB press and a bent lateral. On the DB presses try keeping the elbows back as far as comfortable in order to stimulate some lateral as well as anterior delt.

Originally Posted by MCSteelers View Post
    sixthsense,

When doing P/RR/S what would you recommend to bring up a lagging bodypart like legs? How could I use P/RR/S to do this?
    I know this question was directed towards sixthsense, but I have some experience, so hopefully my 2 cents will help you.

P/RR/S is very effective for legs. Here's what I did, and I think it worked well for me.

Power day:
    -Trap Bar Deadlift: 3x6
    -Leg Press: 3x6
    -Leg Extensions: 3x6

Rep Range:
    -Squats- 2 warmup sets of 12, sets: 4x12,10,8,6
    -Machine Leg Curls: 4x15,12,10,8
    -Leg extension: 4x15,12,10,8

Shock:
    -Stiff Legged Deadlifts: Warmup x 15, 12, Sets: 15, 12, 10 (to tire the hamstrings a bit)
    -Lunges/Front Dumbell Squat** superset: 3x10/10 (burns like hell)
    -Seated Leg Curls Dropset: 4 sets (150 to fail, 120, 100, 80)

I did a leg workout every 4 days, following Hola Bola's 12 day split to bring my legs up to par with the rest of my body using the P/RR/S method.
    -Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

-Khalid ibn al-Walid

Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MCSteelers View Post
    sixthsense,

When doing P/RR/S what would you recommend to bring up a lagging bodypart like legs? How could I use P/RR/S to do this?
    Aside from taking on the FD/FS program which is geared towards lagging bodyparts, P/RR/S could definitely be used in this situation.

To bring up a lagging body part ideally you would train that body part as usual with your regular workload and also incorporate a "mini" workout for the lagging body part on a separate day of the week. So you are training the lagging body part twice per week. The mini workout would include half your usual workload (i.e. only 1-3 exercises).

An example split for lagging quads AND hams would be:

M - Lats/Mini-Quads
    T - Shoulders/Chest/Mini-Hams
    W- OFF
    Th - Bis/Tris/Abs
    F - Quads/Hams/Calves
    mod@http://prrsguru.proboards66.com/index.cgi

Caring about how much fat is burned during cardio makes as much sense as caring about how much muscle is built during weight training.

"Disregard him entirely to the extent possible. He cannot help you." -EMISGOD

Originally Posted by VPXSports View Post
    Aside from taking on the FD/FS program which is geared towards lagging bodyparts, P/RR/S could definitely be used in this situation.

To bring up a lagging body part ideally you would train that body part as usual with your regular workload and also incorporate a "mini" workout for the lagging body part on a separate day of the week. So you are training the lagging body part twice per week. The mini workout would include half your usual workload (i.e. only 1-3 exercises).

An example split for lagging quads AND hams would be:

M - Lats/Mini-Quads
    T - Shoulders/Chest/Mini-Hams
    W- OFF
    Th - Bis/Tris/Abs
    F - Quads/Hams/Calves

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner!

Can't say I didn't try
    -Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

-Khalid ibn al-Walid

Originally Posted by 2X-eed View Post
    Can't say I didn't try
    Actually there was nothing wrong with your response at all! PRRS in general will help most people bring up weak bodyparts just through the cyclical nature of the program. However, as a general recommendation to those with a weak bodypart, training it twice per week...once fully and once with a mini-workout...is a great way to help bring it up to par.

Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ooooooh....What did I win????

Caring about how much fat is burned during cardio makes as much sense as caring about how much muscle is built during weight training.

Ooooooh....What did I win????
    A BOB experience! LOL! ; )

Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Eric,

Would you recommend P/RR/S training for someone who has 2-3 years of training experience and has plateaued?

Also, I know there is more info on this type of training available, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

A BOB experience! LOL! ; )
    Wow, it is as if I have won the lottery!

Originally Posted by Lowdown5 View Post
    Eric,

Would you recommend P/RR/S training for someone who has 2-3 years of training experience and has plateaued?

Also, I know there is more info on this type of training available, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
    P/RR/S would definitely bust through your plateau any day of the week!! And you can find tons of information on Eric's very own forum, here is a link:

http://prrsguru.proboards66.com/index.cgi

Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow, it is as if I have won the lottery!

P/RR/S would definitely bust through your plateau any day of the week!! And you can find tons of information on Eric's very own forum, here is a link:

http://prrsguru.proboards66.com/index.cgi

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it.

Looks like your question has been answered!

It has and I got some great routine ideas form your site and DOMESKI has been kind enough to review it for me.

Thanks!

No problem!

LOL, sorry Eric. I will try and stop answering all your questions for you

No problem!

LOL, sorry Eric. I will try and stop answering all your questions for you

Are you kidding me? I love it when my team of experienced and dedicated PRRS users answer question in my absence!

non your fcking business SteveHinchee's Avatar
    SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just want to add that i've been using Erics P/RR/S program for 4+ years now with great results. I'm currently using the advanced form and have been doing so for about 6 months. I can honestly say that in the years that i have been using his program i have NOT plateaued at all. Truely a great program that will bring the PAIN and growth.

If you havent tried it and are thinking about, stop thinking about. YOU wont be disappointed.

DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DOMESKI has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Following PRRS for around a month now. Great stuff. Ive noticed over the years that the one muscle on me that refuses to get sore AT ALL is my biceps. They will grow, but they refuse to get sore.
    Yesterday was chest/bicep day (following a 4 day split). Decided to use FDFS this week. Planned to do anything in my power to get these damn arms to hurt the next day. Finished up my workout with concentration curls in the range of 25-30 reps. Waited 30 seconds then went into basically a negative only set. Loaded up as much weight as possible on this strange looking machine. (one arm at a time) got 6 on each arm.

Today - can't fully extend my arms

Also did some deep stretching post workout and in between sets/
    Intrepid Explorer & Guardian of the Possible.

My half-assed "11-oxo bridge into PCT" log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6809791

Originally Posted by SteveHinchee View Post
    Just want to add that i've been using Erics P/RR/S program for 4+ years now with great results. I'm currently using the advanced form and have been doing so for about 6 months. I can honestly say that in the years that i have been using his program i have NOT plateaued at all. Truely a great program that will bring the PAIN and growth.

If you havent tried it and are thinking about, stop thinking about. YOU wont be disappointed.
    Hey buddy...had no clue you were a member here!

Thanks so much for all of the kind words. Always great to hear from you!

Originally Posted by DOMESKI View Post
    Following PRRS for around a month now. Great stuff. Ive noticed over the years that the one muscle on me that refuses to get sore AT ALL is my biceps. They will grow, but they refuse to get sore.
    Yesterday was chest/bicep day (following a 4 day split). Decided to use FDFS this week. Planned to do anything in my power to get these damn arms to hurt the next day. Finished up my workout with concentration curls in the range of 25-30 reps. Waited 30 seconds then went into basically a negative only set. Loaded up as much weight as possible on this strange looking machine. (one arm at a time) got 6 on each arm.

Today - can't fully extend my arms

Also did some deep stretching post workout and in between sets/
    I COMMAND your biceps to grow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(did that help at all?)

: )

SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50) SteveHinchee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey buddy...had no clue you were a member here!

Thanks so much for all of the kind words. Always great to hear from you!
    Yeah dont post much if at all. Just mainly use it for reading material while at work all night....

Like i said before my friend thank you for getting me started on this program of pain and growth.

Hope to see ya at the Arnold again this year E...

Originally Posted by SteveHinchee View Post
    Yeah dont post much if at all. Just mainly use it for reading material while at work all night....

Like i said before my friend thank you for getting me started on this program of pain and growth.

Hope to see ya at the Arnold again this year E...
    I will definitely let you know if I am attending, and if so, which booth I will be at.

I will definitely let you know if I am attending, and if so, which booth I will be at.
    Sounds good

Wolverines21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sixthsense,

I was checking out PRRS and I was just curious what kind of weight you can put on with a workout like this and over what period of time it takes to see serious results. I know its a very general question, I've had about 1.5-2 years in the gym and am 6'6 205, so assuming I eat relatively well, what kind of time period am I looking at for serious gains?