Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by quickups View Post
    just a couple of questions:

whenever you switch to power, rep range, or shock you choose different exercises..and when you choose different exercises would it be hard to increase on one particular exercise? If I do barbell bench press for power and incline bench and dumbell bench for rep range and i do chest flies/dumbell bench for shock, would I still increase my lifts? It seems that with the frequent switching of exercises it might be hard to increase the lifts on a particular lift.

I remember you saying for beginners instead of doing it one week for each phase do it for two weeks.. is that correct?

Yes, you should adjust your wts to adjust to the rep range prescribed.
    Keep in mind your tempos are key, always using proper form.

TiagoOliveira has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tank316 View Post
    great energy, strength, concentration, vehemence, etc., as of activity.

Its also, in my opinion, your focus. In other words, are you looking at the girl dressed in spandex on the treadmill, or are you in tune with your body, focusing only on YOU
    After your workout is completely done, are you walking out thinking or feeling that you put your heart an soul into the workout.
    Could you have gotten 2 more reps or did you say, ah, thats good enough,
    Muscle failure.
    Rugby is a physical intense sport, so are you getting that same intensity in your wt workouts.
    Wooow, well explained!

ChopperDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the sample PRRS template sixthsense. It?s helped me a lot!

I do have a few questions regarding it and other comments you have made about the workout that I was hoping you could answer:

1) I noticed that in your sample template there are no exercises for traps. What do you recommend for exercises/sets/reps for traps for the three phases?
    2) You mentioned that you do abs twice a week for about 4-5 sets each time. Do you have any recommendations for what exercises we should be doing? Should we do two sets of upper abs and two sets of lower abs? Or should we throw in oblique exercises too? How many reps for power week? RR week? Shock week? Do we need to do the full rest period for each of those weeks like we do with the other muscles groups or do abs have a shorter rest period?
    3) Similarly for calves, should we do 4 sets of one exercise or split our sets between multiple exercises? How many reps should we do for each week in the case of calves?

Thanks for all your info so far.

sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ChopperDave View Post
    Thanks for the sample PRRS template sixthsense. It?s helped me a lot!

I do have a few questions regarding it and other comments you have made about the workout that I was hoping you could answer:

1) I noticed that in your sample template there are no exercises for traps. What do you recommend for exercises/sets/reps for traps for the three phases?
    2) You mentioned that you do abs twice a week for about 4-5 sets each time. Do you have any recommendations for what exercises we should be doing? Should we do two sets of upper abs and two sets of lower abs? Or should we throw in oblique exercises too? How many reps for power week? RR week? Shock week? Do we need to do the full rest period for each of those weeks like we do with the other muscles groups or do abs have a shorter rest period?
    3) Similarly for calves, should we do 4 sets of one exercise or split our sets between multiple exercises? How many reps should we do for each week in the case of calves?

Thanks for all your info so far.
    Traps:

POWER:

-BARBELL SHRUGS...2-3 X 4-6
    -CG BB UPRIGHT ROW...2 X 4-6

REP RANGE:

-DB SHRUGS...1 X 7-9, 1 X 10-12
    -CG CABLE UPRIGHT ROW...1 X 13-15, 1 X 16-20

SHOCK:

-SUPERSET: BEHIND BACK BB SHRUG/CG EZ BAR UPRIGHT ROW...1 X 8-10 EACH
    -DROPSET: DB SHRUG...1 X 8-10, DROP, 4-6 MORE

Abs:

POWER:

-CABLE CRUNCH...3 X 8-10
    -INCLINE BENT LEG RAISE...2 X 8-10

REP RANGE:

-WEIGHTED INCLINE SIT-UP...1 X 13-15, 1 X 10-12
    -SUPPORTED BENT LEG/KNEE RAISE...1 X 16-20, 1 X 13-15
    -SIDE CABLE CRUNCH...1 X 21-25 PER SIDE

SHOCK:

-DROPSET: CABLE CRUNCH...2 X 10-12, DROP, 6-8
    -SUPERSET: HANGING STRAIGHT LEG RAISE/BENCH KNEE RAISE...1 X 10-12 EACH

Calves:

POWER:

-CALF PRESS...2-3 X 6-8
    -SEATED CALF...2 X 6-8

REP RANGE:

-STANDING CALF...1 X 13-15, 1 X 10-12, 1 X 7-9
    -SEATED CALF...1 X 16-20, 1 X 13-15

SHOCK:

-SUPERSET: CALF PRESS/STANDING CALF...1 X 8-10 EACH
    -DROPSET: SEATED CALF...2 X 12-15, DROP, 6-8
    *CEO B Built International
    *Head of Social Media/Online Marketing/PR @ All American Pharmaceutical
    *Columnist for Iron Man, Natural Muscle and Muscleandfitness.com
    *Creator of the P/RR/S, FDF/FS and O-BEY-6 Training Systems
    *Trainer/Prep Coach to Athletes Globally

"Limits can be discussed, but in no way need be obeyed."

Perfect. Thank you very much.

sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ChopperDave View Post
    Perfect. Thank you very much.
    My pleasure : )

quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Optimum number of sets? I know nothing is set in stone but I was just wondering if I'm in the right area..for my back I do 12 sets, chest 9 sets, quads 10 sets, hams 8 sets, shoulders 8 sets, bi and tri 6 sets.
    **B.S. in Nutrition and Food Science**

**Registered Dietitian**

"We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success; we often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never make a mistake never made a discovery."

"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are."

Originally Posted by quickups View Post
    Optimum number of sets? I know nothing is set in stone but I was just wondering if I'm in the right area..for my back I do 12 sets, chest 9 sets, quads 10 sets, hams 8 sets, shoulders 8 sets, bi and tri 6 sets.
    You are pretty much right in the correct zone!!

pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sixth Sense,

Do you by chance have that sample template? I really want to give this a go.

I'm doing chest/abs tonight, how does this look?

Barbell Bench Press - 3 x 4-6
    Incline Dumbbell Press - 3 x 4-6
    Decline Barbbell Bench Press - 3 x 4-6

Superset Abs
    Hanging Leg Raises w/twist - 3 x 7 (reps is how many twists to each side)
    Lying Leg Raises - 3 x 15

Pretty much what I've been doing for the past month, except I always do 8 reps on everything, every body part. But I'm not seeing any growth anymore so I gotta do something new
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will" - Vince Lombardi

TEAM RAB - www.RABFitness.com
    National Level NPC Men's Physique Athlete

Gethin 12 Week Promo Video - http://videos.bodybuilding.com/watch/93932/2011-kris-gethin-hardcore-trainer-promo
    Gethin 12 Week Transformations - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer-transformations.html

pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pepsiracer24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    nevermind, i found it on your site

hopefully this works!
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will" - Vince Lombardi

TEAM RAB - www.RABFitness.com
    National Level NPC Men's Physique Athlete

Gethin 12 Week Promo Video - http://videos.bodybuilding.com/watch/93932/2011-kris-gethin-hardcore-trainer-promo
    Gethin 12 Week Transformations - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer-transformations.html

Lifter21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Deadlifts

Hey SixthSense - great post! I just came across this last week and I think this is exactly what I need as I've been stuck on a plateau for further gains since before Christmas. I just started my first power week today and even though most of my past routines have been compound movements/low reps based I even noticed a difference today by just focusing on tempo, etc. so I'm quite excited to finish my 1st cycle. I have a question about deadlifts though, do you only do them on your power week or do you incorporate them into the lower rep-range on your rep-range week as well as that week is a mix of all movements?

NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000)

Exclamation

Helllz yes THANK YOU for this thread, im just finished RR week goin on to Shock week and i havnt felt this pain/soreness in a while and i love the feeling.

Originally Posted by pepsiracer24 View Post
    nevermind, i found it on your site

hopefully this works!
    Oh cool...I was just about to post it for you!

Originally Posted by NateSlink View Post
    Helllz yes THANK YOU for this thread, im just finished RR week goin on to Shock week and i havnt felt this pain/soreness in a while and i love the feeling.
    That is awesome! Keep me posted!

Originally Posted by Lifter21 View Post
    Hey SixthSense - great post! I just came across this last week and I think this is exactly what I need as I've been stuck on a plateau for further gains since before Christmas. I just started my first power week today and even though most of my past routines have been compound movements/low reps based I even noticed a difference today by just focusing on tempo, etc. so I'm quite excited to finish my 1st cycle. I have a question about deadlifts though, do you only do them on your power week or do you incorporate them into the lower rep-range on your rep-range week as well as that week is a mix of all movements?
    Deadlifts is a movement I may employ in all weeks of PRRS. It is a very anabolic movement and should be done for both low and higher reps.

moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi im a process of cutting. Im 18 yrs old 5'10 1/2 and 180 lbs. I would like to try out this program. What do u think bout my schedule below. I have lots of time so yah i can lift 6 times aweek. I do cardio everyday too.

Monday - Chest. Shoulders, Triceps...
    Tuesday - back, Traps, Biceps
    W - Legs
    Thursday - Chest. Shoulders, Triceps...
    Friday - Back, Traps, Biceps
    Sat. abs

I eat a calorie deficit, high protein diet.
    I do cardio for about 30 mins 2-3 miles every day.
    I drink whey protein (probolic-sr) after workout and noxplode before workout.

samson5002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samson5002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samson5002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samson5002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samson5002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samson5002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samson5002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samson5002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samson5002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samson5002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samson5002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im about to start my first RR/P/RR/S cycle. I was looking into taking a superfood supp in addition to my multi to aid in recovery and overall health since I dont always get as many whole frutis and veggies as I should. Do you think its a decent idea or a waste of money? Also, Ive read bilberry extract and licorice extract (in most superfood supps) can lower/bind test in the body, any truth to that?
    thanks

Originally Posted by moordenaar View Post
    Hi im a process of cutting. Im 18 yrs old 5'10 1/2 and 180 lbs. I would like to try out this program. What do u think bout my schedule below. I have lots of time so yah i can lift 6 times aweek. I do cardio everyday too.

Monday - Chest. Shoulders, Triceps...
    Tuesday - back, Traps, Biceps
    W - Legs
    Thursday - Chest. Shoulders, Triceps...
    Friday - Back, Traps, Biceps
    Sat. abs

I eat a calorie deficit, high protein diet.
    I do cardio for about 30 mins 2-3 miles every day.
    I drink whey protein (probolic-sr) after workout and noxplode before workout.
    I feel that training 6 days per week is excessive and does not allow for enough recovery. A 3 day on, 1 day off, 2 day on, 1 day off schedule is a better way to go.

Originally Posted by samson5002 View Post
    Im about to start my first RR/P/RR/S cycle. I was looking into taking a superfood supp in addition to my multi to aid in recovery and overall health since I dont always get as many whole frutis and veggies as I should. Do you think its a decent idea or a waste of money? Also, Ive read bilberry extract and licorice extract (in most superfood supps) can lower/bind test in the body, any truth to that?
    thanks
    Well, for health reasons it could be worth it. I would not worry much about the binding/lowering of test levels. Just make sure you are getting in a decent amount of healthy fats in your diet.

NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000) NateSlink is just really nice. (+1000)

Exclamation

ok so 6Sence you told me to keep you posted on how my P/RR/S work out goes.

so i spent an extra week on the power week cause i love how the pain/soreness made me feel afterward, that's why its taking me about a month to complete the full P/RR/S programe. Now im on my shock week and damn right my tries feel like there going to explode sitting here typing this since i just left the gym 20min ago.. even tho i only been going to the gym for less then a year (been athletic my entire life) im going to stick with this program, cause its the most promising iv come across yet. id have to say the site you guy SteveHinchee posted help me so incredible much with setting up my routine today, cause the OG article kinda confused me and left me with questions.. over all anyone should give this program a go if they are serious about being a body builder!! THANK YOU 6sence you made my work out that much more guided and enjoyable!

ok so 6Sence you told me to keep you posted on how my P/RR/S work out goes.

so i spent an extra week on the power week cause i love how the pain/soreness made me feel afterward, that's why its taking me about a month to complete the full P/RR/S programe. Now im on my shock week and damn right my tries feel like there going to explode sitting here typing this since i just left the gym 20min ago.. even tho i only been going to the gym for less then a year (been athletic my entire life) im going to stick with this program, cause its the most promising iv come across yet. id have to say the site you guy SteveHinchee posted help me so incredible much with setting up my routine today, cause the OG article kinda confused me and left me with questions.. over all anyone should give this program a go if they are serious about being a body builder!! THANK YOU 6sence you made my work out that much more guided and enjoyable!
    This is great stuff my friend! Glad to see you are liking the program, and I am glad Steve helped you. He has been a PRRS user for many years now and know the program well!

moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
    I feel that training 6 days per week is excessive and does not allow for enough recovery. A 3 day on, 1 day off, 2 day on, 1 day off schedule is a better way to go.
    If so to follow that schedule how wud my schedule look like. I do the 6 days cause i have lots of time to spare and dont wnna waste time just stayin home .

6sence i am on my last day of sock week and im on my leg/abs work out and then i start all over again back to the loving power week. anyways my question is how do i integrate abs work out in the the P/RR/S prgrame.. can you give me a template for each week. thanks..

He recommends abs and calves twice a week. Check a couple of posts up on this page. I asked the same thing and he posted a template for it.

lol ok i tried reading all the post but it was taking to long i only made it to page 8 or 9

edit : wow that helps alot thanks man!!! i feeel retarded now ughhhh
    Last edited by NateSlink; 01-31-2009 at 12:36 PM.

Originally Posted by moordenaar View Post
    If so to follow that schedule how wud my schedule look like. I do the 6 days cause i have lots of time to spare and dont wnna waste time just stayin home .
    chest
    back
    off
    legs
    shoulders
    arms
    off

lol ok i tried reading all the post but it was taking to long i only made it to page 8 or 9

edit : wow that helps alot thanks man!!! i feeel retarded now ughhhh
    Did you get what you needed?

Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hey SixthSense.

im hella interested in this program, lately ive just been basically hypertrophying my muscles with no planned progression, yeah i know..stupid. Would this program be advisable for a cut. Im not going drastically low cal but will still have a defecit.
    Trump 2016
    ~In Love With Taylor Swift Crew~
    Type O Negative is greatest band in universe crew

Originally Posted by Ted Nugent View Post
    Hey SixthSense.

im hella interested in this program, lately ive just been basically hypertrophying my muscles with no planned progression, yeah i know..stupid. Would this program be advisable for a cut. Im not going drastically low cal but will still have a defecit.
    PRRS is just as effective during a cut as it is during a mass phase!

Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ted Nugent has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
    PRRS is just as effective during a cut as it is during a mass phase!
    thank you much. going to reread the thread and figure out a routine, be back in a few hours lol
    Trump 2016
    ~In Love With Taylor Swift Crew~
    Type O Negative is greatest band in universe crew