sdds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can fat be converted to glucose?

I have been told that fat can be converted to glucose when on a keto diet, but I have also read that it can not happen in the human body. I know that the brains main fuel is glucose but I think during ketosis it uses ketons after X amount of time.

Whats right.

SenseiAllen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Only aminos and carbohydrates can be converted to glucose.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    But the brain can use ketones very efficiently.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

ct-7b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct-7b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct-7b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sdds
    I have been told that fat can be converted to glucose when on a keto diet, but I have also read that it can not happen in the human body. I know that the brains main fuel is glucose but I think during ketosis it uses ketons after X amount of time.

Whats right.
    no FFA (free fatty acids), but the glycerol that bound 3 fatty acids con be converted to glucose....
    when you consume fatty foods, you consume Triglycerides....
    the Triglycerides are destroy in 3 fatty acids and 1 mols of glycerol.....
    "I don't like the drugs, but the drugs like me" (M.Manson)

bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxa121 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^^^^
    what is said above is correct, however,

Originally Posted by Eileen
    But the brain can use ketones very efficiently.
    every nerve in your entire body relies SOLEY on glucose for energy.
    your brain cannot process ketones for energy

Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bxa121
    ^^^^

ooooh post up your sources ladies and gents.

ct-7b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct-7b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct-7b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bxa121
    ^^^^

it's incorrect....the nerves use glucose...ok...but in keto state, the nerves use glucose by the conversion of some AA (about 50%) and some glycerol....
    after 1 week in keto state the muscle stop to use KB (ketone body) and use direct the FFA to leave the greater level of KB for brain's energie....

amin......the nerves use glucose by the GNG of some AA and glycerol
    the muscle use directly the FFA
    the brain use KB (ossalacetate and beta-idrossybutirrate)
    this after about 1 week in ketogenic diet....
    Last edited by ct-7b; 12-01-2005 at 12:01 AM.
    "I don't like the drugs, but the drugs like me" (M.Manson)