Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Minimum age for weightlifting?

Okay.. what do YOU personally think is the bare minimal for an kid to start weight lifting i have been told in class (few years back) it was 16, and some gym's have a 16 year policy for kids who want to lift..

Im asking this because i want to get my bro into lifting hes 10.. tall for his age, hovers around the 11% bf mark every day.. so you can imagine his fit and already has a developing chest.. would love to make him big and strong and he too is wanting it..

So what do yous think??

Seddon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think 10 is too young for serious lifting as his body is not yet deaveloped. Just get him used to it and teach him good form with lightweights and then when you think he is ready ask him if he whats to come to the gym with you.

Only my veiw and I am no docter.

Good Luck

Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is just my opinion and not a fact, but I suggest teens start doing some weight exercises at a least 14 years of age they way puberty have came in, testosterone have kicked in for muscle growth, and their muscle and bones have develop enough so it can handle some stress of lifting weights. Also hopefully be tall enough to reach certain things like the bar to do pull ups. But since your bro is only 10 years old, he can at least do some simple cardio exercises with some light weights involved.

Again, this is just my opinion. I'm not a doctor or personal trainer or anything like that.

Originally Posted by Tomek
    Okay.. what do YOU personally think is the bare minimal for an kid to start weight lifting i have been told in class (few years back) it was 16, and some gym's have a 16 year policy for kids who want to lift..

Im asking this because i want to get my bro into lifting hes 10.. tall for his age, hovers around the 11% bf mark every day.. so you can imagine his fit and already has a developing chest.. would love to make him big and strong and he too is wanting it..

So what do yous think??
    Shawn Davis

Feel free to add me to yahoo messenger to talk about bodybuilding and nutrition freedomwarrior666@yahoo.com.

me puedes agregar a yahoo messenger para hablar del sujetos de ejercicio y nutricion.
    freedomwarrior666@yahoo.com

tu veux m'ajouter en yahoo messenger pour parler sur le sujet d'exercice et de nutrition.
    freedomwarrior666@yahoo.com

Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    In no way am i thinking of getitng him into it now.. but just getitng a bit impatient.. might just get him into some pushups, sit-ups, pull-ups and like mentioned when gets into puberty get him started and slowly working harder..

cheers guys.

namean87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namean87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namean87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namean87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namean87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namean87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namean87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namean87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namean87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namean87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namean87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    at 10 all i did was, pushups, sit ups, and curls with really light weight.

bigga1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigga1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigga1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigga1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigga1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigga1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigga1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by namean87
    at 10 all i did was, pushups, sit ups, and curls with really light weight.
    at 10 all i did was eat my chocolate chip cookies with milk.

Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bigga1234
    at 10 all i did was eat my chocolate chip cookies with milk.
    lol, same with me. i had started weigth training when i was 13. make him do chin ups and pull ups 4 now and when his older he will be more confident about bbing and stronger by the time his 15-16

Lilkj is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilkj is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilkj is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilkj is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilkj is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilkj is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilkj is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilkj is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilkj is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilkj is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilkj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My bro is 10 and he is short and very skinny (65lbs) he's dying to lift with me but i'm making him wait until he's about 12 or so before i get him seriously doing anything. I want him to be mature enough to take on the dedication it takes to continue lifting for the rest of his life. He wants to be a BBer too as he's always reading my musclemag and muscular development mags. He draws arnold all the time and has seen pumping iron dozens of times. I have him watch me now, that way he knows what it is all about, and he always sits there and just intensly watches, so interested in everything. So i too, am anxious to get him going, but just gotta be patient. Just for a couple more years.
    At The Gates is going on tour!!!

SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think before your 13-14 (depends how early you devlop) you should not include weights in your exercise and only use exercises where your own bodyweight is the chalenge.

ChrisL2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When a person is old enough to lift weights depends on when they begin puberty. This is usually between 9 and 13. However, it's important to remember that he's still growing and not to over-do it.

Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cruored has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    my dad started me lifting weights at age 8.....but it was probley the best thing for me...

hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    um probably 16,

Lampen69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ive always wanted to lift but i think a good age to start is in 8th grade before u enter highscool sports

A FREAK is on a distinguished road. (+10) A FREAK is on a distinguished road. (+10) A FREAK is on a distinguished road. (+10) A FREAK is on a distinguished road. (+10) A FREAK is on a distinguished road. (+10) A FREAK is on a distinguished road. (+10) A FREAK is on a distinguished road. (+10) A FREAK is on a distinguished road. (+10) A FREAK is on a distinguished road. (+10) A FREAK is on a distinguished road. (+10) A FREAK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    probably 13 and above
    "You are what your deep, driving desire is.
    As your desire is, so is your will.
    As your will is, so is your deed.
    As your deed is, so is your destiny"

Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would wait till 15-16. 10 is way too young. I started doing pushups, situps, and light curls around 15 or 16, I had no access to a gym, and only had 10lb dumbbells at home. I am 18, and now that I am in college in a big city, I finally have access to a gym. I started going to the gym 3 months ago, and have made enormous gains in muscle. I was always the dreaded skinny fat, skinny except for a gut. Now I am getting a nice chest and some guns on me. Been bulking for 3 months and gained 20 lbs. I start cutting at the end of this week, the 1st of December. If he really wants to do something, let him do pushups and situps. But at 10, I'm sure he has lots of better things (to him anyways) to do. Wait till puberty is well under-way.

irishpowerhouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishpowerhouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishpowerhouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishpowerhouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishpowerhouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishpowerhouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishpowerhouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishpowerhouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishpowerhouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishpowerhouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishpowerhouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    light weights maybe, work on form...

He should start to get more serious around 13.. thats when i started.

I think if you want to be the best you can be and reach your full potential as a man then you have to start young when your are still growing natrually and developing naturally. Take advantage of testosterone while its there.
    Bench - 115 kg
    squat - 150 kg
    deadlift - 210 kg

clean- 110 kg
    Body weight - 95kg

always raising my bar deviltrainee's Avatar
    deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deviltrainee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i would say it would be ok to teach him some light stuff and pushups and situps and stuff and a little leg stuff, and teach him different exercises and all the safety when is 12-13 i would let him start out light and then let him work up to more intense stuff
    Height = 6'3"
    Weight = 190ish
    Age = 18

bench == 255, down to 235
    squat == 315*3, :(
    pullups == 30, about 20ish
    chins == 4 * bw + 100, :(
    deadlift == 335 old record, now :(

Is loving box squats! Lean_and_Mean's Avatar
    Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think u should start him on some bodyweight exercises like pushups and chins and situps etc. Every few weeks he should increase the number of reps he does. Then IMO he should start with weights around 12 years old, but keep it light for a while and progress slowly.

but thats my opinion, im no doctor.
    6'1" 230 pounds of wannabee powerlifter

Check out my sweet journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1011911

3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3000calories will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the most he should do is pushups, sit ups, and curl like 5 lbs because even though he can probably lift more, it would build endurance. just make sure he doesn't overtrain cuz that's the last thing you wanna do at 10

Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lee Priest was competing when he was 13.
    "Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."

buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just get him to do things that only use his body weight like push ups, chin ups, sit ups ect. i think 13 is a decent age to start some weights. i started at 14 or 15.