DaMainEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaMainEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaMainEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaMainEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

can you lose fat just by eating clean?

I'm fat, got a gut but I also got somewhat of guns. I am almost scared to do cardio because I don't want to lose the guns. Can you just eat clean and lose the fat? I've been eating like crap over the thanksgiving break...

Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DaMainEvent
    I'm fat, got a gut but I also got somewhat of guns. I am almost scared to do cardio because I don't want to lose the guns. Can you just eat clean and lose the fat? I've been eating like crap over the thanksgiving break...
    Yeah, you're not gonna get super cut or anything, but you'll lose a little of that gut. Cardio won't cause you to lose your so called "guns" though. Just keep the protein intake on high, and the resistance training intense.
    If one is born a male, at least once in his life he'll dream of becoming the strongest man alive.

"Once you do them you will own the squat."

-Fitnessman referring to 3-count squat pauses.

Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Togoro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Togoro
    Yeah, you're not gonna get super cut or anything, but you'll lose a little of that gut. Cardio won't cause you to lose your so called "guns" though. Just keep the protein intake on high, and the resistance training intense.
    Also, post in the training section, or the fat loss section, they can help you better.
    If one is born a male, at least once in his life he'll dream of becoming the strongest man alive.

"Once you do them you will own the squat."

-Fitnessman referring to 3-count squat pauses.

esko71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) esko71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    even if you do lose a small amount of size on your arms it will likely be mostly fat anyway and your arms will look just as big because you'll be more cut.

OULexicon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do the cardio. The health benefits will exponentially outweigh the minimal muscle loss.

Axel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    depends on what you mean by eating clean. do you mean no junk food with the poisenous TFAs and the reduced sensitivity to your own insulin? things like that?

i learned from going on the blood-type diet that my body can lose what little excess fat i had on my frame, even as a 22 year old ectomorph, just by cutting out corn and wheat. it was basically effortless. corn and wheat effected how insulin worked in my body, and is not recommended for people of my genetic type. and... despite all the criticism against the diet, following it actually had pretty immediate (as in 1-2 months) effects on my body.

when i eat "clean" i'm not eating those grains. i can eat a lot and not gain weight. what i learned from how wheat and corn do in my body has helped me to understand why some people really liked and responded well to the Atkin's diet and other low-carb diets.

there's plenty of crap in the crap food to bungle up your metabolic circuitry. eating clean will help. low-carb diets can help most people too. i have found the blood-type diet to actually go so far as to describe in greater detail WHY some foods in these diets actually do what they do.

"Men's Health" recently put another quote from another expert putting down the blood-type diet, basically calling it false. i have found that to be untrue.

dbish will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbish will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbish will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbish will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbish will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbish will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbish will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbish will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbish will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbish will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can get lean w/o cardio...but it's very healthy, do it. Cardio IS NOT a requirement to get ripped though...
    ...the true test of one's knowledge, not just about body building, but truly in life, are a combination of their aggregate posts as well as rep level...
    -RB12

**jonpaul** has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by OULexicon
    Do the cardio. The health benefits will exponentially outweigh the minimal muscle loss.
    Cardio is worthless.

Eating clean for me, (NO CARDIO, JUST LIFTING):

9/6/2005 201lbs 21%bf
    11/20/05 181lbs 14.5%
    up one shirt size, down 2 pants sizes

no hydrogenated oils
    no high fructose corn syrup
    no saturated fats

EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000) EricTheRed is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by **jonpaul**
    Cardio is worthless.

Eating clean for me, (NO CARDIO, JUST LIFTING):

9/6/2005 201lbs 21%bf
    11/20/05 181lbs 14.5%
    up one shirt size, down 2 pants sizes

no hydrogenated oils
    no high fructose corn syrup
    no saturated fats
    i wouldnt say cardio is worthless

you dont see Lance winning the tour de lace every year from just eatting healthy

but in losing or gaining weight diet is key

American Hunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) American Hunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) American Hunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) American Hunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) American Hunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) American Hunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) American Hunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) American Hunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) American Hunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) American Hunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) American Hunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    here is the bottom line to losing fat and keeping your muscle. you need to take in less calories at the end of the day than you expend(less than your maintenance calories). there is no way around it even if you eat clean. it's all about CALORIES whether you want to gain or loss weight.

beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000) beer20 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by American Hunk
    here is the bottom line to losing fat and keeping your muscle. you need to take in less calories at the end of the day than you expend(less than your maintenance calories). there is no way around it even if you eat clean. it's all about CALORIES whether you want to gain or loss weight.
    yeah,exactly.
    read this,it might help.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink10.htm

also if your diet is in check and in a deficit and you want to keep cardio to a minimum you can try taking shorter rest periods between sets.
    when i cut ,i always cut it down to a minute between sets and a minute and half between every other exercise.
    if you do a little reading and research,you will find a lot of info on just this site and forums alone.
    - SNS Rep
    - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sns/sns.htm
    - Beer20 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

SoldierNIraq is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoldierNIraq is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoldierNIraq is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoldierNIraq is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoldierNIraq is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoldierNIraq is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoldierNIraq is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoldierNIraq is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoldierNIraq is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoldierNIraq is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoldierNIraq is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Togoro
    you are wrong, when you diet and cardio, you lose weight everywhere, and the gut is usually the last thing to go.

To answer his question, yes, you will lose the fat in your guns
    There isn't a magic supplement that replaces hard work, dedication, motivation