Vickysmallz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry I hurt my tailbone! How do I rest/recover without losing my gains? :(

Hi!
    I hope this isn't a repeat post. But anyway-- I slipped down some cement stairs & hurt my tailbone 3 days ago. I don't think it's broken, but it's definitely injured. I can't bend over or squat down without any pain. I understand that I have to rest, but exercise GREATLY helps with my mental health. I don't want to wait months before I can work out again & I kickbox, too. I'm already going insane ! I'm trying to cut a lot of my bf% & I really don't want to be set back. I've also made great gains, mostly lower body, & I don't want to lose them!

What can I do to keep cutting in terms of exercise?
    What are some leg day exercises that I can do with my hurt tailbone?
    How do I keep my gains ?!
    Does anybody have any tips on a smooth tailbone recovery?

Thanks so much!!

401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Vickysmallz View Post
    Hi!
    I hope this isn't a repeat post. But anyway-- I slipped down some cement stairs & hurt my tailbone 3 days ago. I don't think it's broken, but it's definitely injured. I can't bend over or squat down without any pain. I understand that I have to rest, but exercise GREATLY helps with my mental health. I don't want to wait months before I can work out again & I kickbox, too. I'm already going insane ! I'm trying to cut a lot of my bf% & I really don't want to be set back. I've also made great gains, mostly lower body, & I don't want to lose them!

What can I do to keep cutting in terms of exercise?
    What are some leg day exercises that I can do with my hurt tailbone?
    How do I keep my gains ?!
    Does anybody have any tips on a smooth tailbone recovery?

Thanks so much!!
    First and foremost, see a doctor.

I've broken my tailbone and bruised it badly on another occasion..they both took a long time to heal (years to fully recover, actually). I can't comment on your injury, as I dont know what you've actually injured, but I was able to do most things within a couple of weeks...except sit down for any length of time. I ended up buying an Azzpad (snowboarding butt pad), which was helpful for activities (I was racing motorcycles at the time).

If you bruised/broke it like I did, you will probably be able to get back into the gym fairly quickly and be able to perform almost any non-sitting exercise (even laying down exercises were tough because you'd have to lay down sideways to get on a benchpress and wiggle onto your back, lol...no big deal if you have equipment at home, but a little embarrassing to do at the gym ). The one thing that really sucked is after I would sit down for any length of time, my tailbone area would compress and when I finally stood up it would take a few minutes to decompress...which was extremely painful . This took a few years to go away.

Stay on a light caloric deficit while you're out and do what you can in the gym. Good luck and I feel for ya!

Originally Posted by 401Delta View Post
    First and foremost, see a doctor.

I've broken my tailbone and bruised it badly on another occasion..they both took a long time to heal (years to fully recover, actually). I can't comment on your injury, as I dont know what you've actually injured, but I was able to do most things within a couple of weeks...except sit down for any length of time. I ended up buying an Azzpad (snowboarding butt pad), which was helpful for activities (I was racing motorcycles at the time).

If you bruised/broke it like I did, you will probably be able to get back into the gym fairly quickly and be able to perform almost any non-sitting exercise (even laying down exercises were tough because you'd have to lay down sideways to get on a benchpress and wiggle onto your back, lol...no big deal if you have equipment at home, but a little embarrassing to do at the gym ). The one thing that really sucked is after I would sit down for any length of time, my tailbone area would compress and when I finally stood up it would take a few minutes to decompress...which was extremely painful . This took a few years to go away.

Stay on a light caloric deficit while you're out and do what you can in the gym. Good luck and I feel for ya!
    Ahh, won't the doctor just give me a donut pillow & some Ibuprofen? I used doctor Google & I have both already lol :P My injury is just where my butt crack (sorry if TMI) starts & about an inch down. It doesn't really hurt when I sit unless i'm driving (I'm 4'10 so I sit pretty close & straight up), but it does hurt when I stand up or adjust in my seat
    Thanks for your feedback. I guess i'll do what I can, but what I can probably doesn't include any leg day exercises, does it? Any modifications out there that you know of? I know you're not a doctor, but what do you think about me being able to kickbox on Monday? Will it make it worse?

401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ahh, won't the doctor just give me a donut pillow & some Ibuprofen?
    That is exactly what they did for me, but I didn't have any pain when standing, other than the first few minutes after I had been sitting down, which is why I suggested an MD visit to be sure you didn't injure something else as well.

Originally Posted by 401Delta View Post
    That is exactly what they did for me, but I didn't have any pain when standing, other than the first few minutes after I had been sitting down, which is why I suggested an MD visit to be sure you didn't injure something else as well.
    Ahh- I see! It only hurts when I bend over/squat. Was that painful for you at all? When I'm standing it doesn't really hurt, but if I jumped or when I walk down stairs it hurts a bit (((

Ahh- I see! It only hurts when I bend over/squat. Was that painful for you at all? When I'm standing it doesn't really hurt, but if I jumped or when I walk down stairs it hurts a bit (((
    No, that wasn't painful for me, but I only had coccyx damage, with no injuries to my pelvis or other parts of my spine.