Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000)

Heathershubby's 100lbs in 08' or Gastric Bypass Surgery Log

OK this will be the last log I ever start one way or the other I figure.

Here is the situation about 4 or 5 months ago now (I think not sure really how long) Work's firewall labelled bb.com as nudity swimsuit and stopped letting me log on. I didn't have a home computer really so I stopped comming out here. I since have went from being in the 420's to being back around the 460's won't know till I wiegh in at work on the 1st or 2nd of Jan.

My family doctor was happy with the weight loss of the past but is not happy with the current situation. We have had long discussions about the reality of my weight and here is where I am at.

He is sending me through the test phases for Gastric Bypass surgery. I have agreed to get the surgery with the stipulation that I am going to try to do it myself before the surgery gets here. I have at least 1 year before a date would be set. My goal to re evalute this option is a minimum of 100lbs lost in that year which is 2008.

Can it be done Yes will it be done remains to be seen.

I will post daily diet out here cals and macros
    I will also post any and all exercise I get and how I got it.
    I welcome any and all comments and constructive criticisms but will not respond to ignorant or attacking remarks and will simply remove them.
    I will have ups and downs I am sure even with the severity of the situation but I want to feel free to be totally honest about both the good and the bad of the next year and some of the posts I have had in the past have made me feel like I could not be 100% honest so from here on its 100% honesty but respect is requested.

p.s. this does not mean you can not say what you think I just ask that you do it respectfully. If you think I am slacking tell me but respectfully. Ie/ no attacks on my wife or family or stupid usless remarks. For those who have supported my past efforts thankyou and I hope to hear from you again I appologize for my failure and hope to do better this time around.

Brad Boughner (Heathershubby)
    Next stop 250 lbs both my weight and lost 😁

Highest Weight 500lbs +
    Lowest Weight since joining 264lbs

Current 264 lbs

Time to get to my original dream goal

is getting there... chrischap01's Avatar
    chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sub'd
    08/20/09: 249 lbs.
    03/01/08: 258 lbs.
    01/01/08: 265 lbs.
    08/01/07: 300 lbs.
    09/11/06: 355 lbs.

cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by chrischap01 View Post
    sub'd
    My journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112815821

imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    sub'd x3

and dude dont get that surgery unless its totally necessary, because i was approved for it, but i told them to wait a while cause i want to see if i can do it on my own, i hate taking meds and ****, and they wanted me to take like 20 different things everyday for the rest of my life, and i cant even take the 3 they prescribed me now on time, id be ****ed with 20 different ones lol, but yea dont do it unless it is veryyyyy necessary
    Get to know me, hit me up on Myspace
    http://www.myspace.com/ezakacountryboy

also check out my video blogs on my you tube page

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=EZ313

cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Brad, firstly don't apologize for failure, you have tenacity to come back here, I really respect that, because I feel the same,

As for 100lbs, you can do that, Regardless of the surgery options if you indeed take that option your risk would be minimized from the weight loss. a Win-win!.

That said I have heard of people actually getting FATTER after the band, they just eat around it, drink massive calorie shakes and what not.

I saw something say its not about curing morbid obesity it's about managing it, and I have to agree, I still can be very self destructive with bad foods and the ammount I can eat, you just simply can't buy those things anymore ever.

I'm here for the ride with you.

heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000)

Smile Thanks everyone for the support

I went to work to weigh in figured last day of 07 to last day of 08 and all. I am both unhappy to have regained weight but suprized it was not more. I weighed in at
    455 lbs.

So I will kind of share my plan with you guys here. I plan on trying to lose 1% of my weight weekly. I am thinking I will do much better then that for the first few weeks. I will be starting will walking 1 mile every morning and an evening workout to be described on here daily. MON WED and FRI will be about 30 min circuit training in the gym. Tues Thur Sat will be some other type of workout changing often. I will start at 2500 cals a day less then 30 % from fat and at least 150g of protein. When I lose less then 1% I will cut 100 cals until I reach the 2000 cal mark. I will be trying to increase my activity every week but it will be slowly and safely as to avoid the injuries rushing always has brought with it.

Talk to you guys later enjoy your new years eve and to you corn happy new year

Brad (heathershubby)

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imjustez has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by cornwallus View Post
    Brad, firstly don't apologize for failure, you have tenacity to come back here, I really respect that, because I feel the same,

As for 100lbs, you can do that, Regardless of the surgery options if you indeed take that option your risk would be minimized from the weight loss. a Win-win!.

That said I have heard of people actually getting FATTER after the band, they just eat around it, drink massive calorie shakes and what not.

I saw something say its not about curing morbid obesity it's about managing it, and I have to agree, I still can be very self destructive with bad foods and the ammount I can eat, you just simply can't buy those things anymore ever.

I'm here for the ride with you.
    he said gastric bypass not the band, gastric bypass is when they bypass half your stomach staple it off and leave your stomach the size of an egg

the band surgery isnt that bad, but surgery period is a risk
    Get to know me, hit me up on Myspace
    http://www.myspace.com/ezakacountryboy

also check out my video blogs on my you tube page

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=EZ313

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good luck with your goals. 2008 is your year!
    Genshai

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Hey HH,

Good to have you back. We all know that this isn't easy. I failed dozens of times before I actually realized the secret: consistency. You have to be consistent in everything you do. Consistently eat right.....not 100% of the time, but 80-90% will usually work. Consistently do cardio.....3-5 days a week is good enough for most people. Consistently lift weights....3-5 days again is good for most people. You are going to have setbacks, but as you and a few others have found this year....If you quit for several months and fall off the wagon, you are going to put a bunch of weight back on. When you get back on the wagon, that is just more you are going to have to take off.

Your goal is attainable and I firmly believe that you don't need Gastric Bypass. The surgery works, but the complications during and after are real. Many people call it forced anorexia. You are surgically forcing yourself to eat the way that you should eat now. Think about it that way. It is not some magical surgery to make your body work better. I hope you aren't set on the surgery right now and are just going thru the motions for your doctor. I don't think so, but way deep down, it has become your safety net for failure. Please don't take offense to this paragraph, as I mean well.

I don't know if you have run across this thread yet, but this is the motivation that you need this year. This is what can be done in a year's time:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6265491

Have a good one.
    Last edited by Hotmoltenlava; 12-31-2007 at 09:19 AM. Reason: typo
    My Will Is Hot Molten Lava

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I believe you can do it on your own man. You have the endurance to keep coming back even after past failures. That's more than most people have the strength to do. I know countless people who have tried once or twice, failed, and then threw in the towel. You want it, you know what you want, and you have the knowledge and support to make it happen.

We got your back 100% on this endeavor. It's going to be tough, but nothing in life worth having comes easy. I know that much firsthand. This will be your year to shine and to make the most of what you have. You'll do it without the surgery, I really believe you can. We'll be with you all the way encouraging you whenever you need it.
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

Warning:AVA changed often madSano's Avatar
    madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey man, just checking in!

I'll be following this..

I wish you nothing but luck and success.

SUB'd

btw, thanks for the support in my journal!
    take the good with the bad.

Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Quickxi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    welcome back, may man

cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey bro, you can do this!

455 lbs...you can shed a 100 in a year!
    The Kansan did 220...so you can do this!!!!

Let's get it started!
    My journal:

chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Hotmoltenlava View Post
    Your goal is attainable and I firmly believe that you don't need Gastric Bypass. The surgery works, but the complications during and after are real. Many people call it forced anorexia. You are surgically forcing yourself to eat the way that you should eat now. Think about it that way. It is not some magical surgery to make your body work better. I hope you aren't set on the surgery right now and are just going thru the motions for your doctor. I don't think so, but way deep down, it has become your safety net for failure. Please don't take offense to this paragraph, as I mean well.

I don't know if you have run across this thread yet, but this is the motivation that you need this year. This is what can be done in a year's time:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6265491

Have a good one.
    x2.

I agree, gastric bypass is basically an elective surgery, and all it accomplishes is that it forces you to eat less - something you can do without electing to have the surgery at all. in my opinion it involves a lot of unnecessary risk, and does not really address the underlying problem in any way. in the end, changing your eating and exercising habits is just mind over matter, and i know you can get this done!

Smile Thanks everyone for all the support

All your kind words are overwhelming I really appreciate them. I am off to a great start its 3 am Jan 1st and I am unable to sleep because I have some serious diarea lol.

Ok so I want to address a few things and give you guys some insite to the gastric bypass situation. I too think it is not the best way for me to go and really do not want to go that route. The truth of the matter is that one of the major issues I have is that when I increase activity (cardio) which is nessasary to lose weight for me. My back goes out on a bi weekly or minimum monthly basis because of my size. I also have arthritis in my knees that acts up and a bad left heal and ankle. This things cause me not only to be basically stuck on the couch when they flair up but also to miss work. I am the only income my family of 4 has so this is not acceptable at all.

The gastric bypass surgery would allow me to go off and recieve paid medical leave from work as well as physician monitored weight loss that would relieve my body of some of the stress and allow me to start exercising and doing the things I like to and will do if they don't put me out of commission.

All that being said I don't want to do it unless I have too. I have spent a little money on some things I hope will help with the arthritis and back while I slowly build up my workout. I have rushed in the past and that was a mistake for me. I have done some serious study on the nutrients and things that will give me the best chance of increasing activity without agrivating my problems.

I will be taking the following daily in hope that they will help

joint formula
    fish oil
    animal stack multi pack
    milled flaxseeds
    pro biotics
    Whey Protein Blend

I will also keep saturated fats down to a min as they are believed to be a problem.

I am excited and will be very detailed on what I am doing it will all be on here and I will be posting on youtube as well

I will link the video blogs here starting tommorow.

Thanks again everyone and I am taking this journey one day at a time so the surgery is not yet the task at hand doing my morning cardio eating right and hitting the weights later today is. I will post after I do those things

Brad
    Last edited by heathershubby; 01-01-2008 at 12:54 AM.

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

Not sure this will work or not

ok I don't know how to post videos on here argg if anyone does help please here is my channel though

http://www.youtube.com/Spartan488to300
    Last edited by heathershubby; 01-01-2008 at 12:57 AM.

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cornwallus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    bah I give up, i can't get it working either :P
    Last edited by cornwallus; 01-01-2008 at 01:03 AM.

brad - you know better than any of us what is best for your situation, just take my two cents as just that and nothing more!

that said, can't you create a caloric deficit and lose weight by diet alone? I know it is not the ideal way or the fastest way, but if it is all you can do it is all you can do. Maybe losing some weight through just diet would allow you to get down to a weight where your joints could handle some light cardio like daily walks or something along those lines.

whatever route you go, I am rooting for you brother!

fyi, {youtube}CQBcrFOcFzk{/youtube} except replace {} with []

Thanks lets give that a try with todays video :)

fyi, {youtube}CQBcrFOcFzk{/youtube} except replace {} with []

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

Originally Posted by heathershubby View Post
    are you using the code of the movie rather than the entire url?

i.e. {youtube}XVWtrzRtIqY{/youtube} rather than {youtube}http://www.youtube.com/v/XVWtrzRtIqY{/youtube}

remember to replace the {} with []

here it is for you brad fans out there:

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey man. Best of luck to you. We all had to start some place. But the journey of 1000 miles begins with one step. Good luck to you. I'll be following along.
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

here it is for you brad fans out there:

You go Brad!!!
    It all start with that first step and you just did it!
    Keep moving forward bro!
    My journal:

Thanks everyone

Yeah I thought I used the code thing its called embeded code then I added the 2 things on the end I am going to go back and look and see if I can figure out what you mean lol I am still computer dumb he he.

Ok I am not done eating yet so I will be back on later to post my fitday. My right knee is on fire from the walk so I did 1/4 mile of the 1 mile walk away the lbs video tonight and called it quits so I can get up tommorow and walk again.

Highest Weight 500lbs +

Current 264 lbs

Yeah I thought I used the code thing its called embeded code then I added the 2 things on the end I am going to go back and look and see if I can figure out what you mean lol I am still computer dumb he he.

Ok I am not done eating yet so I will be back on later to post my fitday. My right knee is on fire from the walk so I did 1/4 mile of the 1 mile walk away the lbs video tonight and called it quits so I can get up tommorow and walk again.
    One day at a time bor...Just take it one day at a time
    My journal:

Warning:AVA changed often madSano's Avatar
    madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50) madSano will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

I'm dealing with a knee surgery recovery and absolutely can emphasize the burning feeling.

I'm slowly building back to fast walking and so forth.

Keep it up man, we all have faith in you.

good luck and keep posting those vids!

-Angelo
    take the good with the bad.

Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What is up my man!? Long time no see, well I just wanted to drop in and leave a quick note, and then low and behold I end up watching vids and getting pumped up for your journey. I'm here if you ever need anything.

Josh

tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10) tanizaki is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can it be done Yes will it be done remains to be seen.
    This quote here tells me that you aren't 100% on-board. If you don't drop the weight, either on your own or with the surgery, you have a good chance of not living to see 2018. If that doesn't motivate you, I don't know what will.

Do the swimming. Better to wear a swim suit than your burial suit.

Best of luck. Everyone here will support you so long as you put forth maximum effort.