Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

WEEK FIFTY-TWO :: What Are The Best Gifts For A Bodybuilder?

------------------------------------------------------------

TOPIC: What Are The Best Gifts For A Bodybuilder?

For the week of: Nov 25th - Nov 30th
    (Wednesday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut).

-------------------------------------------------------------

The holidays are coming around and they are not just a time for giving, but also receiving. The giving part can be very frustrating though, especially when you are trying to get everyone the right gift. But it can be extremely frustrating when holiday shopping for a bodybuilder.

What would be on a bodybuilder’s Christmas list?

What are some of the best gifts to give a bodybuilder when trying to keep the price low? Describe in detail what those items are and why they might be useful.

If money is not an issue what would you get for a bodybuilder? Describe in detail what those items are and why they might be useful.

BONUS QUESTION: If you could receive one gift which pertains to bodybuilding/fitness, what would it be? Why?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $75 in credit to use in our online store! The other good responses will be used in an article on the main Bodybuilding.com site, with the poster's forum name listed by it. Become famous!

Thanks,
    Will
    Webmaster
    Bodybuilding.com
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm such a loser! Been waiting for the new TOTW all day

1911a1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A nice Warm-up suit (long sleeve/long pants) for going to and from the gym. Nobody wants/needs a cold OR a new gym bag. Have you smelled your gym bag lately ...
    Last edited by 1911a1; 11-25-2005 at 05:48 PM.

BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Give me 100lbs of Whey... I'll be happy
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep
    Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.

The most motivational log - http://tinyurl.com/BigNorg

SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000)
    You need to first see what your bodybuilder needs off their bodybuilding wish list!

A nice gift is equipment. Simple things that your bodybuilder can put in the house, yard, garage, basement, whereever! Things that are nice for this:

Dumb bells - Cheap, affordable, and great! What else is there to say!

Bench - Benches can be as cheap at $25! Their qualities range, but you can get by with a cheap one. Great foundation of lifts for the upper body. Help your bodybuilder reach their goals by giving them the gift of the bench press.

Squat rack - Personally, I think squat is the biggest lift you could hit. If you were to put a bench and squat rach in a room with a bar and some weights, I think you have a gym. Squat racks however are reasonably expensive, but surely worth ti.

Basic olympic bars - The bodybuilder needs a bar to do more than half his lifts, case closed.

More weights! Everyone needs weights to achieve their goals, you cant just do it with one set for your whole bb'ing career!

If your body builder isnt lacking anything in equipment, check his accessories.

Maybe they would like:

A pair of Straps - Support for your bodybuilder's wrists

A pair of gloves - Prevent blisters, callus', and improved grip

A bench shirt - Help your bodybuilder achieve a new high on his/her bench press.

T-shirts from Bodybuilding.com!!!! - Stylish and affordable!

A shaker cup for supplementing on the run - Great, extremely cheap, and effective. For the bodybuilder on the run.

A new blender - Encourage your bodybuilder's diet with a new blender to kick start his/her diet with some tastey and healthy shakes!

Now for the most important things in your bodybuilder's liftstyle - Supplements / Food!

Some ideas would be:

Gift certificate to stores - grocery store, supplement store, etc.

Protein powder - Extra source of protein. You can never get enough protein, and it is crucial in anyone's diet.

Creatine - Help your bodybuilder achieve new gains with creatine. Its proven safe and effective to the ones who are responders.

Multivitamins - It's important to keep up your nutrition. Help get some extra vitamins with a good, affordable multivitam.

Fish/Flax oil - Filled with healthy fats (omega 3/6) that are great for the bodybuilding diet.

Other ideas for your bodybuilder:

If your bodybuilder has not yet gotten into bodybuilding yet, why not start him off with a gym pass! The most encouraging thing you could do for him/her is to get them a pass of their own to help get them started!

Personally if I could recieve some bodybuilding gifts, It would have to START with a olympic bar for my crappy bench at home! I have some dumb bells, but no bar to bench with! It's pretty lame having nothing except dumb bell flies to do, but I cant complain. After that, I would probably want some creatine the most. I need the extra boost and would just love to have a supply of it. My protein powder is also running low, so I wouldnt mind getting a new case of that. Other than all that, I might consider a 24 hour fitness pass. I have access to a wonderful gym at school though, and I lift in offseason football, so that might not be as necessary.

Merry christmas to all!

moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moochems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First and foremost supplements are probably a no go. At least for new supplements, I know personally I feel the need to research whatever I will take before taking it so I know what it will do to me. That being said, supplements that you know your giftee takes would be ok gifts to give.
    After supplements the next logical gift would be equipment. Though some things can be expensive, some things aren't. Recently I went into a sporting goods store and noticed the bowflex dial-able dumbells. A pair of those would be a great gift, especially for someone who lives in a northeren state/country. How unfortunate it is to have to miss a work out because of the weather?! Other things that would make great equipment gifts would be heavy sport's heavy grips (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hs/grip.html). Being sold in a progession of strengths makes this an even better gift; you could give the first one or two in the series, or if you have the money all of them.
    A third type of gift to give would be books. Knowing how to workout and eat are just as important as working out and eating. I know that attempts at lifting weights and dieting failed misarebly before I descovered the wealth of knowledge out there. I'll be the first to admit that there is TONS of information the web (www.bodybuilding.com for example) but there is also tons of mis-information on the web. Books are more often then not helpful and relevant because usually only someone knowledgable would try to make money from selling the information they possess. Ink on paper also has it's own appeal, and one usually has a greater appreciation for it than electronic text.

What are some of the best gifts to give a bodybuilder when trying to keep the price low? Describe in detail what those items are and why they might be useful.

Again I must reiterate that supplements can be a bad idea here. Though there are tons of low cost supplements, it's best to let the giftee decide what they want in this field. However, basics are probably ok in this department. Whey is almost always a given in a body builder's supplement arsenal. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hp/whey.html is an example of a relativley cheap gift. In this situation though it's best to buy whatever the giftee uses often, being that if they paid money for it, they'd probably be very happy to get it as a gift.
    The little things also could make a great low-cost gift too. A cloth tape measure for example is a great low-cost gift. Sometimes digital cameras can be found extremely cheap, and being able to take pictures of progress is a great thing for a bodybuilder. Don't overlook other small things like notebooks and pens. A pretty nice pen and pad of paper can be found for extremely great prices, and everytime the giftee records their day's nutrition or workout or whatever else they record they will think of you.

If money is not an issue what would you get for a bodybuilder? Describe in detail what those items are and why they might be useful.

Bodybuilding is one of the few great sports in the sense that hardwork and expierence can pay off more than expensive equipment. Maybe it's just that I always try to budget myself, and avoid extravagent expenses, but this category is a little lacking. Obviously large scale equipment would apply here, but gym memberships usually run in year long contracts, and sometimes people don't have room for that sort of thing. But, if the person you are buying for already has a home gym, why not add to it? www.Newyorkbarbells.com sells tons of basic equipment, as well as odd things too. You could get someone an e-z curl bar for there home gym, adding to the list of things they would have to use for their workouts. If someone has a home gym odds are they don't have all of the things a gym would have to offer, so lifting equipment will always be a welcome gift. Some great things to look for would be a dip station, chinup station, power wrack, dumbell set, hyperextension platform, and weights! All of those things allow for someone to get great workouts at home. Be careful to find out what they already have before buying something though, as returns on large things (especially mail order things) can be a hassle.

BONUS QUESTION: If you could receive one gift which pertains to bodybuilding/fitness, what would it be? Why?

Books. Knowledge is power, and books only help that. Ink on paper has something that computer font can never have. There are tons of books on fitness and bodybuilding out there, so finding something relative to my (or your) goals is easy. Although some books can be pretty advanced, finding beginner books isn't that difficult. One book I'd love to have would be my anatomy/physiology text book from my junior year in highschool. It was full of great information on how the body works and why. Grey's Anatomy is one title that I am very glad to have on my bookshelf in it's place though. Books can help you get the most out of your workouts, and thats what every bodybuilder/athlete is always looking for.
    Last edited by moochems; 11-26-2005 at 08:25 PM.
    What do you want, and How do you get it?

The two hardest questions to answer.

It's not that I love to win, it's that I hate to lose.

charmedboi82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry if I repeated some of the other ideas, but I didn't read through the posts.

Practical gifts usually appeal to me, so it's never difficult for me to suggest gifts that can be used. Of course, your gift will depend on how well you know the person and what they like. If you don't know what their routine is or what they use, it's probably best to stick with other gift ideas or gift certificates.

Some new workout gear. Whether that involves new grip gloves (or wrist strengtheners), a new weightbelt, outergarments or undergarments. Sizes are difficult to pick, of course, so undergarments are always a great idea. They get used so easily and most people don't have enough.

Stay warm when you're outside. Buy a cap or wrap-around ear muffs for your ears and head. Gloves for your hands, etc. A lot of people don't have these things, but ones that exercise outside should definitely have them.

Gift certificates. In my family, they're not even considered gifts, but who doesn't love to have them. Bookstores, grocery stores, supplement/nutrition stores, they all have gift certificates. Take advantage of the season to stock up meal replacement bars, supplements, or whatever you know the other person enjoys (and, more importantly, uses).

Build up the forearms instead of the beer belly during the holiday. Try hand-grippers or any of the other forearm-building handheld devices that are on the market.

Push-up bars/cables. They're incredibly portable and remind me of something you'd scale a wall with. They're stylish and great devices to get you in the mood to do some push-ups. There are also the tension cables that you affix around your back and push with to give you more resistance. They can make an ordinary push-up a real resistance exercise. They're great for people who like to exercise at home, on the go, or for those who just want to get lean without weights.

Skin-fold calipers. What's one of the best ways to track progress and what factors into most bodybuilders' ways to measure progress. Calipers and other ways of measuring bodyfat can be inexpensive or really high-tech and expensive. It's a great addition for the bodybuilder who's serious but yet hasn't taken it to this step yet. While we're at it, other little gadgets like heart rate monitors, calorie counters, etc. are great gifts to get during the holidays. Don't stop with those measurements though; there are also more high-tech tape measures like MyoTape for consistently accurate measures with ease.

How about a digital camera? They can 'perfect' their before-and-after shots without having to wait the one hour minimum to see them. It's the perfect gift for a serious bodybuilder who might have everything else.

Along with the camera, you can begin a book charting their progress (or creating a picture book from when they started). Compile their pictures for them. Help get their progress in order by creating their bodybuilding album. It's almost much more rewarding to see where you came from. Imagine if you'd never taken pictures along the way. Digital cameras make it convenient but the layout of pictures is what makes the progress evident. Compile a book or at least buy one and get your favorite bodybuilder started on it (even offer to help them with it down the line, every few months or so).

Fitness magazines if they're into that sort of thing. If they don't already have a gym membership, maybe they'd like to start. You could pay for the first month or two (or more if you're really close).

Training journal. This can be a cheap gift, even just paper in a binder with a few spreadsheets for good measure. Of course, you could spend some real money on this, but this is the kind of gift that's appreciated truly for what's inside, not the packaging. It's a very personal gift that's sure to be appreciated.

Nothing builds strength like working against your own body weight. I know that a chin-up/dip bar is a gift that I'd love to have. I think it's an aspect of training that's overlooked. The more natural, the better.

For someone who has everything, new music or new digital books never hurt. If you know the recipient well, buy them something you know they'll workout to or something that will help them relax in the off-time. If the gift is for someone you know more casually, just buy some gift certificates to their favorite music store or purchase them some digital downloads. This gift adds to what they already have but gives them something new at the same time.

Get around to putting some of their favorite home movies, etc. onto DVDs. Maybe some of their past competition footage or general workout stuff. What better way to be able to keep it through the years?

Cookware. Appliances can be great gifts. Slow-cookers (think Crock-Pot) or new pots and pans to replace wearing equipment can be a perfect thing for bodybuilders that insist on preparing their own food.

Are you a fitness enthusiast as well? Compile a short booklet of your best tips (things to remember, ways to focus, de-stressing tips, etc.) and favorite recipes. Or, take it upon yourself to create some recipes of your own that can be shared for continued good health.

You can't forget about the typical gifts though.... soap, sprayable scent, deodorant, etc. Bodybuilders use it just like everyone else.

If money really isn't an option, you can spring for a nice dumbell set with bench. Nothing works the muscles like free weights and none better than dumbells.

BONUS QUESTION: Although I really want the dip bar, I think the most important thing on the list is a training journal. Without it, it's nearly impossible to keep track of where you are. Without that, you don't know where you've been nor where you can go. I think for people really looking to continue on a journey and transform their body, it's one thing that's necessary. It can help keep you on target and also accountable.
    Last edited by charmedboi82; 11-27-2005 at 06:29 PM.

MrMuscles22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Bodybuilder Christmas List

Bodybuilding suppiles is actually all I want for christmas this year as well as my personal trainers licence from ACSM. This is what I told my wife to get me:

3- tubs Syntrax Nectar Whey Protein Isolate
    1- 5lb tub 100% Whey Protein from ON
    "The Pre-Contest Bible"
    Magazine Subscriptions to Flex and MuscleMag
    My NPC membership so I can do a show this spring

And I told my mom to pay for my personal trainer test and my dad is going to buy me the books I need to study for it.

With all of that, I get out of my ****ty ass job and have the staples needed in my diet to look my best. Merry Christmas All.
    ANIMAL FOR LIFE!!!!!
    Check out my Journey on Animal Pak Forvm! http://forum.animalpak.com/showt hread.php?p=629122#post629122

Davekline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some people are realy hard to shop for, bodybuilders and compter tech types fall into this catagory. Hopefully I can give you some pointers for your holiday shopping if it includes one or more bodybuilders.

Let's start with some ideas to avoid.

1- Food Baskets: While alot of people like to give food baskets from companies such as Peperage Farms and The Popcorn Factory as gifts, I would not recomend these as gifts for bodybuilders. Bodybuilders and other athletes watch their nutritional input alot closer than the average person. Alot of these food basket items contain lots of preservatives and other additives.

2- Supplements: This can be a trickier item than one might think. Each bodybuilder is going to have specific needs in this area. In addition not all protein powders, Meal replacements, or creatine solutions are compatable with all bodybuilders. Some protein powders might give me indigestion, while the next guy can have three shakes a day with no ill effects. Also some bodybuilders may be allergic to egg, dairy, or soy products. Unless you realy know what the particular bodybuilder takes, I would try to stay away from this area.

Now lets move onto some better (easier) ideas.

1- Weight: Alot of bodybuilders train at home. Just about all of these bodybuilders admit that they could benefit from having a few more plates to work with. The important thing to find out is whether your bodybuilder friend has olympic or "standard" sized plates. Olympic plates have a bigger inside hole (50mm) where as the "standard" plates have a smaller (1") hole. Please also note that some fool descided to market olympic sized plates under the name Standard, thus confusing things needlessly. Make sure you get the right size.

2- Barbells: Again for the bodybuilders who train at home, having another barbell is never a bad thing. As with the previous idea, you need to find out whether to get an olympic or "standard" sized bar. One of the better brands to look for is Ivanko. I am partial to this bar myself http://www.ivanko.com/products/prd_text/OBS-20KG.html

3- Ivanko Super Gripper: OK, now that I got you attention with that last link, here is a great item for any bodybuilder. http://www.wwfitness.com/ivanko-4.html This great tool realy helps strengthen the grip and build the muscles of the forearms. Plus if your gift wrapping skills are sub-par, since the Super Gripper is painted green, you can simply put a red bow and a gift tag on it and you are all set.

4- Clothes: Getting size information is always important. Workout clothes are not a bad idea.

5- Weightlifting Chalk: Here is an inexpensive gift that no one ever things of.

6- Jumprope: One of the simplest and oldest pieces of cardio equipment. This item can be taken anywhere and provides an excellent cardio workout.

7- Heartrate Monitor: This is a realy usefull item for cardio workouts that I seldom see used. (Maybe I just workout in a low tech gym) The device provides accurate and hassel-free readings for monitoring cardio performance. These gadgets are not expensive either.

8- Books: Knowledge is power. Most bodybuilders enjoy reading bodybuilding books in their spare time. I've gotten some good training ideas from various books that I have read over the years.

9- Music CD's: Everyone can use CD's, bodybuilders included.

10- Non-bodybuilding type gifts: You don't have to give a gift the is related to bodybuilding. Cologne gift sets are always a good gift for anyone. I am partial to Catalyst, Joop, and Grey Flannel. Sports tickets are another good idea.

As you can see, there is a wide range of gifts that would be good gifts for bodybuilders. These gifts do not always need to be expensive.

BONUS Question:

What gift would I like to get if cost were no object?

The Nautilus Double-Shoulder machine. This machine is an old-style chain driven machine. This machine is no longer available. The machine consisted of a lateral raise and an overhead press movement in one machine. The idea was to use the lateral raise to pre-exhaust the shoulder muscles before working them with the overhead press movement.

Nautilus should design a newer version of this great machine. This machine was one of the best machines of all time in my oppinion.

adamhustle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Topic of the week response

Hey guys, this is my first response so try not to be too critical. I have added an attachment if its easier for you to read it that way. Any feedback would be great.

TOPIC: What Are The Best Gifts For A Bodybuilder?

Christmas- The time for giving, sharing receiving…… bulking and cutting. Its Christmas Eve, along comes the inevitable last minute rush to get the last of your gifts, whilst tirelessly worrying that your friends and family will like and/or appreciate your gifts whilst noticing the effort you have gone to. If you are reading this now, then you are better than me. You are considering what presents to give to your loved ones, I’m still another three weeks off that!

Having said that, lets now get to the point…. What are the best gifts to give to a bodybuilder?
    I can only talk for myself, as an aspiring bodybuilder. It is also important to recognise that no one person is the same and that there is no absolute answer to this question. You should know that loved well enough to get a rough idea as to what would make a good gift, but I think that the following three points are fundamental to achieving a good bodybuilding present, and all cost nothing!

1. Understanding
    2. Encouragement
    3. Effort

1. Understanding

Bodybuilding isn’t easy. At times you are left feeling tired, fatigued, hungry…. The list is endless. Bodybuilders make sacrifices to look their best. The last thing he or she needs is a friend or relative putting unnecessary pressure to go out with them or eat something that will compromise all the hard work done thus far. This comes hand in hand with acceptance. By all means ask if he or she wants to go out, if they want a drink, or if they fancy a meal. But accept that no means no and that’s the end of it. Don’t then put us on a guilt trip because we declined your request, it’s hard enough as it is! Speaking from personal experience, I found it very difficult saying no to my friends when they invited me out, feeling I had let them down. But soon I realised by not accepting my answers and making me feel guilty, they, were in fact, letting me down.
    So try to understand the life of a bodybuilder and give us a little slack. Accept this choice we have made, and encourage us as best you can!

2. Encouragement

Next step encouragement. As I previously noted bodybuilding isn’t hard, and there are times when all of us (and I mean all of us) contemplate whether or not the effort is worth it. Do the positives of achieving the physique we desire outweigh the nutritional and social costs we endure? For many people the aesthetic appeal of a good body is extremely important and this outweighs the desire to lift copious amounts. I am one of those people, and I like nothing better when someone tells me my hard work is paying off. It isn’t hard to offer a compliment to a bodybuilder, and this encouragement will give us the motivation to continue along our desired path!

3. Effort

Lastly, but by no means least, make an effort. You understand why we are doing what we do, your encouraging us to reach our targets through compliments. Why not make the effort to ensure we achieve our potential? Try to read up about the area to gain a little understanding. Or better still ask us to teach you some of the fundamentals behind this art. What are the best foods to eat? What do we believe is the best workout for a specific body part? There is nothing better than when a friend asks me what he or she should be eating, or they ask me for advice on a lagging body part. Why not offer to join a gym and be a workout partner. Not only are you making the effort to help out a friend, but you will also feel the benefits that are related with weight training.

So I have briefly covered these three fundamentals, but how could you apply these to giving an actual gift come Xmas morning? I would say the next step is to recognise the three biggest influences on bodybuilding….

• Nutrition
    • Training
    • Recovery

Nutrition

Nutrition, perhaps the single most important aspect of achieving the much sought after physique. No-one expects you to understand in minute detail which foods to eat, when or for that matter why. But understanding the basic principles might help you to give the perfect gift to your loved one. There are countless articles on the bodybuilding.com website, and I recommend you take a look at Will Brinks unified theory on nutrition (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink10.htm) in addition to some of the articles by John Berardi (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi.htm) and Hugo Rivera (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hugo.htm) , both of whom I think have their nutritional heads firmly in place! The next step I would take is to look at the countless recipes that are published on this very site and proceed to make a visit to the local supermarket, pick up the ingredients and create a muscle building meal for that special person in your life. (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbin...?page=Recipes).

Mini scales
    Here is a present that I think would also come in handy for a bodybuilder in terms of nutrition. Whether or not he or she wants to bulk or stay lean, depending on the bodybuilder, a number of calculations need to be made. Firstly, a bodybuilder needs to workout their macronutrient needs. This is the amount of calories in terms of Carbohydrates, Protein and Fat when compared with a bodybuilder’s weight. This calorie information can then be converted into a daily gram requirement for each macronutrient. For interest sake, this is calorie to gram ratios for each macronutrient is as follows

• 1 gram Carbohydrates= 4 calories
    • 1 gram Protein= 4 calories
    • 1 gram Fat = 9 calories

A bodybuilder has a certain amount of grams of each he can eat each day, Why not make the job easier by purchasing a set of mini digital scales that make such measurements a lot easier to calculate?

Supplements
    Supplements are a big issue in bodybuilding, and as a result unless you have in depth knowledge on the area I would steer clear of the area. Each person has their own idea on what supplements they should be taking, and also have preferences to the manufacturer. Unless you know exactly what supplement your bodybuilding friend wants or uses then I wouldn’t attempt to buy them such a gift. Many bodybuilders like researching and testing supplements alone, and although your intentions may be good, they may not be greatly appreciated. If however, you are stuck for a gift, then may I suggest buying gift vouchers for his or her favourite health store?

Any one of the aforementioned gifts will demonstrate clear understanding encouragement and effort.
    Attached Files

adamhustle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

continued

Training

There are a few gifts you can buy for a bodybuilder when it comes to the actual training factor. You could always go out and buy a home gym or some free weights for the individual in question to use at home. However the likelihood is that these gifts are too expensive, you won’t be able to carry the weights or the need for weights at home isn’t appropriate. I myself am one of those people who find they can only get a good workout if I am among other gym users. If this isn’t the case for the person you are buying for then surely they already have free weights at home?

I would recommend keeping the gifts here simple but to the point. How about another pair of gym gloves, or a set of wraps? I have lost my gloves countless times, and having another pair in reserve would serve me well. Something simple like a weight training log (available on this site) would be perfect. Bodybuilding is about constantly reaching and developing targets, and the best way to keep track of these targets is through a log. Or alternatively, you could invest in a piece of software designed specifically for the bodybuilder. I personally recommend Performance Diet Pro or Crosstrainer, but before purchase I suggest you try out the free trials each offers through their respective websites.

There are also times when a bodybuilder just can’t get to the gym. An option is resistance bands. These can offer a substitute for when a “proper” workout just isn’t possible. Add to the pot that they are economical, can fit easily into a bag. Are appropriate for rehabilitating an injury, noise free and can be used almost anywhere this option should not be overlooked.

Recovery

Recovery is often overlooked by aspiring bodybuilders, but its importance is fundamental to growth. I wont go into any detail as to the chemistry as to why recovery is important, as you are in the right place to find out about it (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbin...page=Recovery). Instead I will suggest some gifts that show have put some thought into buying the perfect gift.

Sleep
    The importance of sleep cannot be underestimated, and recognising this come shopping time may prove to be one of the best decisions you have ever made.
    Sleep can:
    • Assist in growth and restoration
    • Improve Immune function
    • Assist in Memory Storage & Retention

Why not buy a sleeping mask, as the majority of people cannot sleep unless in complete darkness. This is because at night your body produces melatonin a substance used to regulate sleeping cycles. When in darkness your body is encouraged to produce melatonin which hopefully would go a long way to aiding recovery. Or, alternatively, you could purchase some soothing music to play in the background. I have yet to try this but if helps aid a good nights sleep then I am all for it. For more information on sleep I recommend the article by John Berardi (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi69.htm)

Massage
    Muscles often get fatigued and I good way to recover is through a good massage. The benefits of massage are enormous, and here are just a few that I have extracted from the rest and recovery article published by ISSA (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa68.htm).

Massage can

• increase blood circulation,
    • reduce muscular fatigue,
    • lower excessive swelling, s
    • stretch muscle adhesions and knots
    • increase lymphatic circulation

Purchasing some tokens for a massage or a day at a spa may endear you to your bodybuilding friend for a lifetime. Make the effort and get a professional to make the difference!

Other options

Let’s now look at some other options for the perfect holiday gift. Progress measurement is also vital to a bodybuilder’s life. There are the obvious weighing scales for progress measurement. However, you should be aware that all weight isn’t the same. Bodybuilders need to know how much of their weight is muscle, and how much is fat. I therefore suggest that if you want to buy weighing scales purchase a set that also measures body fat. Body Fat Scales use the resistance offered by your body fat when a small electrical current is sent through your body in a process known as bioelectrical impedence. The subsequent result is converted into a percentage.
    However this method isn’t foolproof and results can depend on a number of factors. Another option could be skin fold callipers. These are an alternative and used in a consistent manor are a great tool for the aspiring bodybuilder.
    The best way to measure body fat without doubt is hydrostatic weighing. This however requires the use of specialist equipment and professional help. Hydrostatic weighing works through body density (ratio of bodyweight to body volume). This is achieved by submerging the user into water for a period of time.
    Before you purchase any of these products, let me first offer a word of warning. Make sure you are not sending out the wrong message. By buying scales, you may give the impression to the bodybuilder that you are not impressed by their physique, which ultimately may cause more of a hindrance than a help.
    The safe choice would be a digital camera, with a timer. This could be used to measure aesthetic appearance, whilst also offering a gift that can be used for other purposes.

Books
    Another economical option is book tokens. Rather than attempting to buy books on the subject, that may not be of any use, I suggest that a gift of book vouchers are an ideal gift for a bodybuilder. There is no substitute for a good read on the go, and staying stimulated both mentally in addition to physically is of extreme importance to the bodybuilder. Bodybuilding is a science, and having a physical piece of information to refer back to or read up on when able is a useful tool.

Conclusion

This is by no means an exclusive list, and I reiterate that know your bodybuilder more than me. I recommend that you follow the three principles I have outlined and should be ok. I will repeat them again for effect

• Understanding
    • Encouragement
    • Effort

If your gift can demonstrate these three values then I’m sure that come Christmas day you will be worth your weight in gold!

BONUS QUESTION
    If you could receive one gift which pertains to bodybuilding/fitness, what would it be? Why?

Personally, there a number of gifts that I would be more than happy with that relates to fitness/bodybuilding over the holidays, the majority of which I have outlined in the above article. If I had to put my heart on my sleeve however and pick one gift, then I would go for the support of a friend. Recently my gym partner has no longer been able to make the gym on the regularity I am used to or require. Although I still have the motivation to go by myself, I feel that if I had someone else pushing me on, and spotting me I could push myself that little further and experience better gains. In return, my partner could receive the information and advice I have received from my own personal experience and from reading the vast array of articles that in circulation on the bodybuilding.com site.

This is my first article I have written for discussion, and I hope that I have not let myself down or wasted any of your time. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Until next time, keep pumping!

Adam Russell AKA Adam Hustle

Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i dunno about you guys but all i want is some toilet paper and a bucket of protein

Misc Armchair Counsellor MantisShrimp's Avatar
    MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)

Smile

Originally Posted by Quinn77
    i dunno about you guys but all i want is some toilet paper and a bucket of protein
    rofl

My recommendation is and always will be...knowledge.
    Give them the NSCA-CPT or CSCS coursework, or ACSM-CPT materials.
    Nothing benefits people more than knowing what they're doing.

Outside of BBing, I give BOOKS as xmas gifts every year...
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

built like a brick house Dallas68's Avatar
    Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Cool my article please dont post thank you!

Best gifts for a bodybuilder by dallas68

Christmas is my favourite part of the year and surprisingly the presents are not nearly the half of the festivities and joy that takes place there is family to be hugged and new people to talk to. A whole range of possibilities for the New Year arise along with the yearly “New Years Resolutions” laid out by many and unfortunately not all of these plans are followed through.

However we bodybuilders know what we want: larger bar for more weights and perhaps a good new reclining bench all to help further our physiques yet we are all individuals and have to ask what would you purchase for your headstrong teenager looking to dedicate himself to a worthy sport of patience or perhaps what would be good for that seasoned older bodybuilder coming up in the ranks who knows where he is headed? Well I hope to answer this and more.

Now before we head off into the excitement of buying gifts that you know will put a large smile on your beginner or experienced lifter you need to understand and perhaps try help the lifter to stay focused during this merry time from all the wonderfully sinful dessert being passed around and how he/she can stay ahead of the game.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/blackburn7.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/evan8.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/behar17.htm

Well to start off there is a good thread with ideas and answers from individuals on the forums that are putting in their wishes

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=628099

We are such picky individuals we don’t want that sweet pudding full of saturated fats that the distant relative made especially for you due to not knowing of your physical plans and goals. We need to be strong and looking good all year round whether it is in the bulk season or starting your cut cycle you need to be healthy and have the essentials all the time to keep your body happy.

So to keep the body in a 100% healthy state these products will be very productive and are cheap in relation to what they can do for you.

These are the SIMPLE and PRACTICAL supplements you need for your body to go like clockwork and to stay anabolic. Always check up with the person to make sure if they need certain types of supplements or if they can’t take certain products due to their condition/age/illness it is a time of good laughs and not hospital time.

SO be SAFE!

Amino Acids are simply the building blocks of muscle and you have eight essentials get them!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/amino.html

free radicals build up inside your body and can inhibit your bodies normal function so get rid of them now! with antioxidants!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/antiox.html

Fish Oil is a great source of essential and very good fats like omega 3 and 6 which help your body to stay 100%

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/fish.html

Flax Seed is another essential to help the body in nearly every facet for fat loss, fiber, vitamins and to keep you healthy.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/flax.html

Green Tea the tea that made china famous this supplement derived from herbs is a potent fat loss agent essentially.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/green.html

Protein Powders if there was any one type of product I would want on a deserted island it would be this whey protein is the key to more muscle mass and improved health it evens fights against germs!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/totalprotein.htm

Equipment and Gear these will make sure you have the backup of quality equipment and gear to stabilize your foundation for muscle growth and safety.

Shakers/mixers get your protein and oats on the go

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/shakmix.htm

Measurement devices check if you are going to blow the crowd away with your low body fat!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bdymsr.htm

Straps/belts/gloves for that little extra grip to make that weight

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/swgb.htm

Clothing you live it why not show it?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clothing.htm

Heart Rate Monitor makes sure your ticker is ticking fine

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/heartmon.htm

Gym accessories gym bags/chalk/water holder/towels all to keep you clean and presentable

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/wrkacc.htm

All the equipment you will ever need

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/equip.htm
    Last edited by Dallas68; 11-30-2005 at 01:18 PM.
    going full blast!

workout journal (random rambling)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168460783

Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Cool continued page 2

Christmas

And gifts go hand in hand and like a barbell in calloused hands it therefore makes sense to buy useful items to please the avid bodybuilding fan. However it is not likely you are going to purchase a state of the art gym in your garage for that person unless you won the lottery. So you must look for an effective product/equipment to help them for the years ahead.

BOOKS

I am an avid reader especially for a sport I so enjoy so this is good to buy for knowledge and furthering their physical studies. It would be good to purchase a book that is fairly recent and that is a lengthy read.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/booknut.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/booksall.htm

You won’t be disappointed.

Clothing

Again is valuable to show who that person represents. A badge of honor.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/tshirts/bbtshirts.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ts...shirtpage.html

Magazines

A subscription to a popular and informative bb magazine can help the receiver feel a part of something great and part of a brotherhood.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mags.htm

Supplements

Once again i reiterate this vital part of bodybuilding yet this is the CHEAP section find a bargain! right here in the store!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cheap.htm

At the wonderful www.bodybuilding.com/store there is a wide variety of products
    Here are accessorized gifts
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/christmas.htm
    Last edited by Dallas68; 11-30-2005 at 01:21 PM.
    going full blast!

Cool continued page 3

Imagination is the keyword here if I were a millionaire heck a billionaire. I would see what that bodybuilder follower really would want. Such as if they complained about going to gym in the traffic or the congestion and time leaving them totally exhausted before they even get to the workout! I would therefore then buy a state of the art gym in their house or at least some sturdy machines and good free weights.

I know that you don’t need fancy equipment to build a monster body just look at Ronnie Coleman’s gym all bare knuckled iron; anyhow we have choice in the world so I would go with the basic multiple gym equipments. Such as

Squat Rack not machine but free weighted so as to take in the full power of the true pacifier power movement to end all movements. The rack is for safety in case the said bodybuilder drops it.

Bench if possible on the other side attached to use the same bar as the squat racks bar so as to not waste space with more weight.

A good ground mat used for dead lifting so as not to break the bodybuilder’s floor.

A long sturdy rack for the dumbbells ranging from light weight 10 pounds for deltoids to about 150-200 pounds which can help from your bicep curls to your trapezoid shrugs.

A good Ez bar curl would come in handy for close grip bench press and the front deltoids and a range of other exercises.

Some free weights at the right measurements for the barbell/dumbbell would be very clever as you advance through bodybuilding you get stronger so therefore it would be good to get some 45 pound plates and 22 pound plates.

The various hand grips for the different exercises so as to build the maximum amount of muscle so all the cable type gripping mostly used for the lattisumus dorsi.
    going full blast!

Cool continued page 4

ME!

There is always that lure of the new supplements to hit the scene but you never truly know the truth behind how well they work or the long term effects are sometimes slightly foggy however if I were to receive a singular gift of a large amount.

I would have to say it would not be a supplement nor would it be an accessory I would truly like a good machine to house a good bench/squat rack for free weights as I go heavier with all my weights it becomes obviously harder and more effort is needed to complete the movements which you have to step up to.

Yet there is always that little niggling feeling that your arm or leg may give away so it would be peace of mind if you know that if your drop it it wont crash down on to your body or do something which could cause damage.

Other than that I do have one request I would truly like is a bench that goes decline/incline/flat so I can truly work my chest as it has been torn for a while now so when it repairs im going to hammer it.

Of course one more final request if you please? Please be safe over these holidays I want all of you to be back on these forums in the New Year! Stay with your family and friends and special ones and be cool take it slow and stay sharp! PEACE!
    going full blast!

Cool

heres my word document!

Attached Files
    going full blast!

perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

bodybuilding gifts

Bodybuilders are a special case. They are just like anybody else and like no one else at the same time. A bodybuilder is human, sort of. They have needs and desires like other humans. They need to eat, sleep, seek comfort, be entertained and enlightened.

How bodybuilders go about addressing those needs makes them unique and can make gift shopping for one a unique pain. Dogma in bodybuilding runs deep like politics and religion being discussed with in-laws. This can make gift selection difficult even for fellow bodybuilders.

Most bodybuilders take some kind of supplements. Basic intel has to be sound here. You never ever want to even dream about handing somebody the one supplement that they are passionately opposed to. If you have heard somebody say "I want to get some xyz..." better not hand them a box of "abc.." or you will be in deep "def...".

A supplement somebody is curious about trying is a nice gift. If they like it, you turned them on to it. If it doesn't turn out to be the answer to their prayers, you saved them money and face by getting it for them.

Equipment is another area where opinons vary. I like my SPRI stabiliity ball. I often use it for a chair when I type these deep thoughts. Hand some guys a big pink beach ball and you are in for a spirited workout. Same with books and videos. Some thought and knowledge of the recipient is called for.

Some bodybuilders would love to get one of those steamy swimsuit videos featuring beautiful female fitness models. I went to high school with a huge devoutly religious bodybuilding nose tackle who sent two wrestlers off the mat by ambulance. They didn't even try to give him any "porn". That bodybuilder would be absolutely the wrong guy to hand this kind of gift to.

Some gifts are more generic. Everybody drinks water. Gym bags are nearly universal. How well you know the recipient has alot to do with selection. Cost is another consideration. How much can you afford? What price range is appropriate for this gift?

Luckily for you, you are here. Like right here @ Bodybuilding.com. Gifts for the bodybuilder for as little as $1.95 can be had without getting up from wherever you are. Kindly read on.

Gifts under ten dollars? Forget about it. Bodybuilding.com has gifts under two dollars. Here are a few ideas for gifts that will not break the bank. Sometimes the little things mean alot.

1. Jump Ropes.
      1. Jumping rope is killer cardio and improves balance and coordination.
      2. You don't need to go anywhere special, and the jump rope can go everywhere.
      3. Being seen jumping rope makes you look tough like one of those Ultimate Fighter guys.

2. Bodybuilding.com Shaker Bottle!
      1. Having one of these with some protein powder will keep you anabolic when meals are missed.
      2. A shaker bottle in your gym bag gets you to a post workout shake quickly.
      3. The Bodybuilding.com logo let's everybody know that you are not an animal, you know how to use a computer.
      4. It is a great shaker bottle and at a great price. Cover yourself in whey and water sometime to appreciate a leak free bottle.

3. Bodybuilding.com Water Bottle!
      1. Helps you ensure survival of your genetic code by attracting a suitable mate.
        • Demonstrates your fitness as a mate by being smart enough to properly hydrate.
        • Again, the Bodybuilding.com logo shows computer literacy to prospective mates.
        • Being hydrated keeps you mentally sharp as well, for superior flirting ability.
      2. Perfect size for most auto cupholders.
      3. Dishwasher safe.
      4. Almost everybody probably needs to drink more water. This makes it more convenient.

4. Bodybuilding.com Towel!
      1. Wipe the sweat off of that bench !
      2. Size is perfect to have with you during workouts.
      3. The Bodybuilding.com logo sets you apart from the sheep using the plain towels at the gym.

5. Portable personal mixer
      1. Really cool gadget for the techno inclined bodybuilder.
      2. Mix and drink from same unit.
      3. Runs on battery power or available adapter.
      4. Fits in a gym bag.

6. VitaMinder 7 Pack Organizer
      1. Shows more class than zip lock baggie.
      2. Great gift for those who take lots of supplement tablets.
      3. Less likely to get you hauled in for questioning than a plastic baggie full of pills.
      4. Helps you remember to take your supplements.

7. Portion Scale
      1. Surprisingly accurate for the price.
      2. Portable.
      3. Provides precision for your nutrition program.
      4. Great "back up" for more elaborate electrical scales.

8. AccuFitness MyoTape
      1. You can take your own measurements with this tape.
      2. Makes it easier to chart progress by giving exact measurements.
      3. Simple and reliable.
      4. Almost everybody can use one of these.

9. Bodybuilding.com Gym Bag
      1. Even people with a gym bag can use a spare.
      2. Bodybuilding.com logo makes you smart and cool.
      3. Perfect size for holding your Chuck Taylor's, clothes, towels, shaker, and water bottle.

10. Bodybuilding.com Beanie Hat
      1. Keeps your noggin from catching a chill between gym door and car.
      2. Gives you that thoroughly macho "mess with somebody else" look.
      3. Never been worn by Richard Simmons.
    Last edited by perldog007; 11-30-2005 at 11:56 AM. Reason: word change

perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) perldog007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

If you know that the bodybuilder on your gift list likes to read, books can be a great gift. They are durable and provide a lasting memory of the giver. With the advent of the DVD, videos are now much more durable. Some people will enjoy a video much more than a book.

While not always an extravagant choice, books and videos aren't usually cheap. A well chosen book or video can really make the recipient feel special. This is definitely one of those gifts that require some thought.

Equipment is another interesting choice when cost is not an issue. Even those who go to a gym often have some type of fitness equipment in the home. Some bodybuilders prefer working out at home. Equipment is very specialized and you have to know your bodybuilder for this to work out.

When you can put the right kind of equipment under the tree of the right bodybuilder, it will be a gift fondly remembered for years to come.
    1. Books and Video
      1. Training Videos. Here are some great choices. I like old school stuff and would probably dig any of the Mike Mentzer videos or the Vince Gironda exercise video. I own the Mike Mahler video and really like it. There is something here for nearly everyone.

2. Swimsuit videos. These gifts are not for everyone! For those who are so inclined this selection is sure to please.

3. Arnold's "The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding" Basically the multi-vitamin of bodybuilding books. A staple in every library. Even those who don't like to read will be inspired by the photos. If they like bodybuilding books it is hard to go wrong with this one.

4. Dave Draper's "Brother Iron Sister Steel". A tour de force from a master wordsmith and bodybuilder. Dave Draper has a style that will appeal to many serious readers.

2. Workout equipment
      1. Powertec Strength Two Tier Dumbbell Rack. Put one of these under the tree with a gift certificate for a rack full of dumbells from the local fitness store. The dumbell is one of the most versatile pieces of aparatus. A rack of dumbells' doesn't take up much space and is a great addition for anybody. Even those who go to the gym might need to catch a quick workout at home now and then.

2. Powertec Strength Utility Bench. Add one of these to the dumbell rack and you have a complete workout solution. This bench can also take a leg or curl attachment.

3. Powertec Leverage Chest Press. Some folks like to bench when they feel like it. This device makes it safer to go heavy without a spotter. For someone who works out at home, this would be great.

4. Powertec Workbench Rack System. A squat rack at home? What could be more convenient? The ability to do squats wihtout going to the gym is only one benefit of this great system.

5. Powertec Workbench Multi System. Sometimes, machines can be helpfull. When working out alone without a spotter sometimes it just makes good sense. This unit is compact and versatile. A great addition to any home gym and a gift the serious bodybuilder will get good use from.

I would really like a copy of Dave Draper's Body Revival. Dave's writing style and depth of knowledge make reading his work one of my favorite ways to spend post workout recovery time. Mr. Draper has a passion for not only being a great bodybuilder, but for assmilating knowledge and passing it on to others.

Reading is a big part of my life, and to me learning is second only to breathing. Right now my home gym is fairly complete, but a library can never be too expansive.

Thanks for reading and give well.
    Last edited by perldog007; 11-30-2005 at 01:28 PM. Reason: extra sentence left in by mistake
    Adrenaline rules - got fear ??
    My yerba log/review ****
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=658762

there are no shortcuts sword chucks's Avatar
    sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

1/2

Buying Gifts for a Bodybuilder!

Introduction

If you go through all of the notes that Santa got, you will be able to pick out the ones that are from bodybuilders. There are quite a few things that bodybuilders want year-round. Bodybuilding can become expensive, because there are a lot of things we need. Receiving something during the holidays that we can use for bodybuilding will help because it will save us money. Also, some gifts could be something we don’t usually get, such as a new piece of equipment, or an expensive supplement.

This article is going to discuss a few things you should get for a bodybuilder and why they will be helpful. I will also mention how to find out what a bodybuilder might want without being obvious or giving away the surprise. Finally, I will mention where you can find each item.

A Bodybuilder’s Christmas List

On a bodybuilder’s Christmas list, there are probably going to be a whole lot of things that you know nothing about. This will cause most people to go out and buy something else that is more simple, like a protein bar, or just give them some money as a gift. These are very nice things, but what would really make me have a great holiday would be to start the day with a shelf filled with a few new supplements, some nice new lifting equipment, and some nice clothes that fit right. I would be glad to receive some protein bars, but a really thoughtful gift would be something that I really am in need of, something that was on my Christmas list.

When looking at a bodybuilder’s Christmas list, you should pay careful attention to what brand is written, and what the name of the product is. In fact, take the list to the store with you. With bodybuilding-related items- and this relates to supplements especially, but also to training equipment- each brand has something completely different to offer, and if you look for one item without specifying a brand, it might be something that they might not appreciate as much. For example, if I asked for an amino-acid supplement such as SciViation XTend, I do not think that you would be able to find any other product like it.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sv/xtend.html

What I mean is, all bodybuilding-related products are slightly different, and I can guarantee that when I ask for a supplement I have researched it inside and out, and I would much rather have this supplement than another amino acid product. The same goes for, say, weight plates. If you buy weight plates for me, I am probably going to ask for ones that match the ones that I already have. This is because it makes the weights look better to me. I wouldn’t want to be stuck with 6 black 45 pound plates and 2 green ones, something like that would probably bother me after a while.

When shopping for most products that a bodybuilder could ask for, you can probably do best by shopping online. I know what I personally am going to do for my Christmas list- make a bodybuilding.com order and give my parents the link! That way it is easy for them to find things and I get what I need.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store
    I am going to share with you what I plan to write on my Christmas list that relates to bodybuilding. See below:

1) Bodybuilding.com Wrist Straps
    2) Bodybuilding.com T-Shirt: Medium
    3) Power Mixer
    4) Whey Protein
    5) SciViation XTend: Watermelon

If you look, you’ll see that I was very specific about what I need. Sizes, brands and flavors are all pretty important to me. Wait a second, what is this- a bodybuilder worrying about flavor? Well, if I am going to have a supplement, I would like to have it taste all right.

These items are pretty easy to find on http://www.bodybuilding.com/store. All you have to do is go to the search bar and type in phrases such as “wrist Straps”, “T-Shirt”, “NO-Explode”, “Power Mixer”... you get the idea.

Where I wrote power mixer, I did not specify a brand. With some accessories that we might need, you should use your best judgment and pick out a good looking and high quality accessory. It doesn’t have to be expensive, though. For example, there are some great power mixers out there for around 10 dollars. Mine, the Ontel Mixer, costs only ten dollars.

Where I wrote Whey Protein, that is another area where you have some deciding power. Most whey proteins that you can buy have similar nutritional values, the only difference being in the flavor. You will probably know the person that you are shopping for pretty well, so look at a few different flavors, and pick out one that sounds unique. When I get protein powders on Christmas, or for my birthday, I don’t just want chocolate or vanilla, as I can get that any time. It would be a good idea to get a unique flavor that will really be appreciated. For example, take a look at Syntrax Nectar. Any of those flavors would be good to try.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/syn/nectar.html

You could also look at something novel like packets of powder, which are much more convenient.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/syn/grab.html

To sum it all up, when shopping for a bodybuilder, you should pay attention to brands, flavors and sizes when they are specified. If there isn’t a size, brand or flavor specified, use what you know about that person and pick something out! A surprise on the holidays could be just as good as something that I researched and picked out myself, as long as I didn’t want something specific instead of the surprise, you know?

What if you didn’t get a Christmas list?

If you didn’t get to see a Christmas list from your bodybuilding relative, this article will probably help you to pick out some gifts more than anything else. A bodybuilder is going to want a few things no matter who they are- protein powder, exercise clothes, books or videos about bodybuilding and novel supplements. If you know a little about your bodybuilding relative, you can also see if they would like items such as gym passes, more weights for their home gym, a gym bag, maybe a set of headphones, anything that could help them work out or add to their nutrition, would be great.

Protein powders are always a great gift to get because they last for a long time and they save us a trip to the local supplement shop. Also, like I mentioned before, receiving a top-notch protein supplement, something better than I would usually buy for myself, would help with my motivation and make me enjoy bodybuilding a bit more. Personally, I really like Primaforce’s Substance Whey Protein Isolate, but it is a little too expensive to buy more than once or twice a year. I would be really happy to get some of this during the holidays, though. Chocolate Malt and Grape Splash are both flavors that I have tried, and they are both incredible! If you are looking for a gift for a bodybuilder, just get them some Chocolate Malt or Grape Splash Substance WPI, that is a gift that you can’t go wrong with.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/prima/wpi.html

Exercise clothes are also useful for any bodybuilder. We are all about training, and since we do it so much it is a good idea to dress appropriately. I like to work out in a sleeveless shirt most of the time, so I can see my arms pumped up while I’m in the gym. I only wear a regular T Shirt on leg day, since I don’t use my arms then. Below is a nice looking shirt that I would recommend as a gift for any bodybuilder. I think I would like the brown, but other good colors for working out are black, white and blue.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/tshirts/ghwlft.html

Some items for entertainment or information would make pretty good gifts as well. To find items like this, look for bodybuilding books or bodybuilding videos. As for books, you could probably go to any book store and get a book by Arnold Schwarzenegger or Franco Colombu on training or dieting. The bodybuilding.com workout log (below) would also be a great and thoughtful gift. Videos, too, are great for motivating us and teaching us about training. I would not like to get a boring old instructional video, because I could just as easily read information from the internet. Instead, I would want an exciting real-life training video, such as Jay Cutler’s New, Improved and Beyond DVD. Ronnie Coleman’s The Cost of Redemption, which I own already, was a great DVD also and I would recommend it. I provided a list of unique bodybuilding videos- keep in mind that it would be thoughtful to find out what bodybuilder your relative likes best, actually, before picking one out.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/worklog.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/provid.htm

sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

2/2

Novel supplements are just about the coolest thing to get as a gift for the holidays. They are presents that will have lasting results, and don’t become less interesting as time goes on. When I open up a cool supplement on Christmas morning, I get really amped to try it, and it makes my holiday that much better! Some novel supplements are SciViation XTend and NOX-CG3 (both are below). These supplements are cool because they contain effective ingredients and are popular, so we can be sure they will promote good gains in the gym and good energy in our workouts.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sv/xtend.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/xy/noxcg.html

Then there are the items that, if you know the person a bit better as far as what they need, will make nice gifts. For example, if your bodybuilding relative has a home gym, buy him or her some weights. Try to find out what brand of weights it is that they already own, so you can get matching ones. Forty-Five Pound plates and ten-pound plates are always nice. If you get a plate, make sure you get another! You should always give weight plates in pairs.

If a person doesn’t need something like a set of headphones, it can make a lame gift, but if a set of headphones is something that they need then it will be really appreciated. Try to find out if your relative needs a new CD, a new set of headphones, a new pair of lifting straps, a new workout journal or a new gym bag, and definitely don’t buy him or her a gym bag if he or she already owns one.

Gifts for a Bodybuilder Don’t have to be Expensive

I’m sure a lot of you holiday shoppers are baffled at the prices of some of these items. Some things you can do to make things cheaper (so you have money for the rest of your family) are:

1) Buy a smaller container. For example, with XTend, you can get a 50 dollar jug or a 20 dollar jug. Even a 20 dollar jug would be a nice and thoughtful treat for a bodybuilder, they won’t think you are cheap.

2) Remember that a lot of practical gifts aren’t too expensive. Sure, a video of Kevin Levrone may be entertaining, but a practical gift would be just as good, but cheaper. Just try not to get something that the bodybuilder already has ten of.

3) Look at another brand if one is too expensive. Take protein powders as an example. For 2 pounds of protein, you have to pay somewhere around 12 dollars for ON’s 100% whey, but about 20 dollars for Syntrax Nectar. Go with the cheaper one, as the quality will probably be similar anyway.

There are some nice cheap odds and ends that would be useful to a bodybuilder as well. I will put links to these products below. A Myotape is always useful for tracking our progress, and I personally don’t have one, so I doubt many other bodybuilders do. The bodybuilding.com training journal, the same one as I mentioned before, is a nice and useful item. The Ontel power Mixer is over ten dollars, but under twenty! A lot of bodybuilders would appreciate one of these. Make sure you get the AC adapter! Giving somebody a set of new body fat calipers might be insulting, but it wont be the price that they are insulted about!

Myotape: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/acc/myotape.html
    Calipers: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/acc/accu.html
    Journal: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/worklog.html
    Power Mixer: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ontel/mixer.html

There are also some nice nutritional items sold on bodybuilding.com. Below are links to a few of them. Like I mentioned before, you can always get a small tub of protein powder. Bodybuilding.com also sells real food items such as almonds!

Protein Powder: you can select 2 pounds: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
    Almonds: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/alm.html

When Money Isn’t an Object- Some Nice Gifts for a Bodybuilder

If money isn’t an object, then you really open up some gift ideas. There are a lot of items on bodybuilding.com’s store that would make great gifts because they are expensive things that we wouldn’t usually spend our money on. The fact that it is something that I wouldn’t always have around is what makes it a neat gift. If money isn’t an object, some cool things that you can give include fancy accessories such as a digital body-fat caliper, treats such as beef jerky and protein pudding, and there are supplements with a little more punch than usual that you can buy, too.

The Accufitness Digital Body-fat calipers are great because they give us a very exact result for our skin-fold measurements. They will last us much longer than a regular set of calipers because they are durable and useful.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/acc/fattrack.html

Bodybuilding.com also sells some cool food items that are packed with protein, which is beneficial for bodybuilders, but also taste great and provide a change from protein shakes and chicken breast. I don’t know who invented protein pudding, but I have gotten a free sample of this, and it felt like Christmas morning- it was awesome. It was much better than when I make my protein shake really thick so it is like a pudding. I would definitely get another of those. Bodybuilding.com also sells this huge bag of beef jerky, which would be another really unique gift to receive on the holidays, especially because it isn’t just some sugary protein bar, so it is not bad for me. I’d recommend Teriyaki or Original, those are best to me.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/is/pud.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/acc/iron.html

If you really want to make a bodybuilder happy, and you have an idea of what kind of supplements they use, you can get them a supplement like that, that would be awesome. If you know they really like a certain flavor, you should go to www.bodybuilding.com/store and type “XXXX protein” into the search bar, to find a good product. The pricier ones usually taste very good, so a nice protein powder is a great gift if money isn’t an object. A lot of people have told me that Syntrax Lattes are delicious, even if they are a bit expensive. You could also get one of bodybuilding.com’s mass builder supplement packages. These usually have a high price, but you also get a lot of great supplements in these “stacks”. If they are really into bodybuilding, get Big Cat’s Mass Stack. If they are just starting, buy them the Basic Mass Builder.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/syn/lattes.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/muscombo.htm

Overall, if you are looking for something to buy for a bodybuilder and you are not worried about the cost, get items that seem to have an extra “punch” to them, and are a step above the basic items that you could buy. These will be very unique gifts because they are the types of things that are better than what we would buy for ourselves.

The Best Gift that I could receive for bodybuilding and fitness- mp3 player

Out of all of the bodybuilding- and fitness- related items out there, such as supplements, accessories and equipment, there is one accessory that I would like more than anything else- a new mp3 player.

Music is a really powerful force for us bodybuilders- it can motivate you for a workout and get your energy levels up like nothing else. This is why a durable, loud mp3 player would be a great gift. I’m sure if you buy somebody an mp3 player for the holidays, with the prices the way they are, they will think that you are crazy, though. I mean, I wouldn’t know what to say. I wouldn’t mind if a few relatives pitched in and got me a nice mp3 player, such as the latest iPod. Make sure it is something that holds a lot of data as well as something that won’t just break if I sit on it the wrong way or press the volume button slightly harder than usual, though!

Conclusion

This article might have sounded like a note to my parents about what I want for Christmas, but it isn’t just about me- I’m sure somebody interested in working out, bodybuilding or fitness would be very happy with any of the gifts above. Bodybuilding can become expensive, and sometimes we have to live on a tight budget. Because of this, great gifts are the ones that would be better than what I would buy for myself on any old day. A new piece of equipment or a unique supplement would be a great gift.

My parents usually don’t get time to read my articles, but I’m definitely making sure that they read this one! Happy holiday shopping everyone, and have a good holiday season!

word doc

i think youre crazy
    if you like jay-z
    dont change clothes
    change the cd
    -afroman
    sry i had to post SOMETHING
    Attached Files

t81964 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Great gifts for a bodybuilder this year

To me the best gift for us gym warriors are, training tapes,GNC are other supplement store gifts certificates.Gym wear and attachments for those of us with home gyms.The best gift of all would be a supplement that has the same effects as steriod without the neggative side effects.This is my get big year so help a brother out,also if there are more routines outside the norm that works and or is proven in studies to work for mass please pass these along. Other than that lets continue to positively promote our sport so that we will have it around for our kids and grand kids.Pleeeeeeaaaaaaassssse!!!! My perfect gift would be a hack squat/leggs press machine by body solid. For those least expensive give them Training tapes,gym wear,are attachments if they have there own equipment.If money is not an issue get him or her what ever she ask for or it want be wright trust me they will exept it but it want be wright.The gym wear will stop them from cutting up their good cloths,the attachments will keep them from breaking things needed for or around the house.The item they want will only bring peace and happyness to all.As I said before the hack squat/legg prees machine for me because this will complete my home gym.
    Last edited by t81964; 11-30-2005 at 01:54 PM.

Originally Posted by sword chucks
    i think youre crazy
    if you like jay-z
    dont change clothes
    change the cd
    -afroman
    LMAO its a time for giving so ill post good luck to all

id like some credit on my account for some green tea! and fish oil thats all i ask....
    going full blast!

Originally Posted by sword chucks
    i think youre crazy
    if you like jay-z
    dont change clothes
    change the cd
    -afroman
    and I feel for you son, I got 99 problems but a btch ain't one - hit me, and good luck to all who posted up.
    Adrenaline rules - got fear ??
    My yerba log/review ****
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=658762

well the TOTW prize is gonna go to the best player
    person with the number one article is mayor

good luck to all

hopefully these articles help people with shopping for hte next few wks, maybe some people from this site will even get better gifts bc of them

DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

WEEK FIFTY-TWO :: What Are The Best Gifts For A Bodybuilder?

Christmas is a time of not only joy and celebration, but also a time of giving. Traditionally, giving gifts has been a symbol of christmas. Without gifts, children wouldn't be as excited and christmas wouldn't have the same feel. But receiving gifts is the easy part, giving gifts on the hand, is another story. Its hard enough to find gifts for your average friend or relative, but when you begin to buy gifts for people with such a diverse interest as bodybuilding, choices become much harder. For this unique group of people, bodybuilding isn't just body building, but it becomes a massive part of their lifes. It is if body building has consumed their souls and become part of them. And because its something we love so much, buying a body building related gift for someone with that such passion, makes total sence.

But, what do I buy? A set of dumbells with free weight, a power rack? They aren't "gifts"? Your probably right, the nature of gifts should be something compact. I mean, if you brought your body builder mate a Smith Machine, it would cost more in wrapping paper than the actual gift. But the choices available are much more diverse than simply supplements and training eqipment. There are bodybuilding related books, videos, magazine subscritions, lifting gloves and exercise balls to name a few. So read on and hopefully you will find that perfect gift (at that perfect price) you've been endlessly searching for.

What are some of the best gifts to give a bodybuilder when trying to keep the price low?

If your like most of us, you probably have over 20 people you need to buy gifts for. Just the thought of how much is going to cost is enough to make you want to hide your head and avoid christmas altogether. BUt don't worry, all hope shouldn't be lost... I've put together a list of perfect, compact gifts ranging from as low as $5, to only $50. These are gifts any body builder will love, and a gift that won't end up causing bankrupcy to your total christmas gift budget.

Body building Books:

Body builders are always searching for ways to improve their physiques and take themselves to the next level. Considering body building is becoming nearly a science, body builders are doing all they can to get the latest information on the best ways to eat and train. Thats where these books come in - its hard to find information anywhere else. They are small, compact and well-priced. There is a wide range of books, including training, supplement, nutrition and contest books, with plently of quality titles under each.

MY RECCOMENDATION:

Extreme Muscle Enhancement

A very comprehensive book covering all areas of both training and nutrition. Really informative section on what supplements are useful and which aren't, saving you money and time.

VIDEOS:

There are training videos availble for everyone, from begginners to advanced trainers. Visual Learning is unlike reading, actuallly seeing the exercises being performed is not only much easier and effective, but more enjoyable. And there's nothing better than receiving an enjoyable gift, particularly for body builders who train so hard.

VIdeos avabile:

TRAINING

POSING

IFBB PRO VIDEOS

CONTEST

SWIMSUIT

MY RECCOMENDATIONS - Fast Rock Fitness Pack: $54.95

A great gift - complete with training DVD, motivation workout music CD, Weekly Workout Guide and a Diet and Training Booklet.

MAGAZINE SUBCRIPTIONS:

Yearly subscriptions to popular fitness magazines. Reading Magazines are both popular, and a great lesuirely activity. Consider this, if someone were to buy Muscle and fitness each week for a yearly period, they'd be spending $71.88. ON the other hand, if you were to subscribe to Muscle and fitness for one year, the Price would be reduced to a crazy $24.97. Thats a saving of 65%. Magazine subscriptions are not only incrediable value, but are a year long present. What can be better?

My Reccomendation - Muscle and Fitness Yearly Subscrition

Muscle And Fitness is probalby the most popular of all fitness magazines. I've been to 4 gyms in the past month, and each one has several copies of muscle and fitness. It provides sound training and nutritional advice, and is very pleasing to the eye.

TRAINING EQIPMENT:

Training Gloves:

Gloves provide padding and support, and can protect the wrists during intense training, protecting you from injury. Most gloves are made from leather. LIfting Straps are available on some gloves, as well wrists straps. Training without gloves makes it alot more difficult to get a good grip and have a good workout.

MY RECOMMENDATION: Harbinger Training Gloves With WristWrap

Unlike the standard Harbinger gloves, these contain Wrist Wrap which support wrists during heavy lifts by holding them in place. They have great cusioning and support and are leather.

Dipping Belts:

All hardcore bodybuilders love doing dips - only problem to maximally stimulate the muscles a dip belt is required for added resistance. Dipping belts are great gifts because it is something a body builder probably always wanted, but never had.

Harbinger Fitness Ball

Can enhance your strength and endurance, is a great gift for anyone who participates in sports and is looking to improving their performance. The Ball is made out of soft, pliable, high quality PVC and is made specifically to protect against bursting.

CLOTHING AND ASSESSORIES

CLOTHING:

What's Christmas without giving t-shirt or socks as a gift? There is a wide variety of bodybuilding clothing avabile from t-shirt, tank top to shorts. Its very hard to find bodybuilding clothing, but bodybuilding.com sells it and at a reasonable price.

MY RECCOMENDATION: RACER BACK TANK TOP: $9:99

Show off all the hard work you put into your training with these tank tops. Available in both white and black, are comfortable and great for training.

GYM BAG: $16:99

These are very sturdy and good quality. No more problems with having to worry about a smelly backpack. These bags are great for all ages, with a fasionable design.

TOWELLS: $2:99

Hygeine is incredibly important. To maintain a hygenic training environment you need to spray machines, keep yourself clean and always bring a towel with you when you workout. Its another really cheap gift that can basically be given to anyone who trains.

HEART RATE MONITOR:

Since I've had a heart rate monitor, my trianing has reached a new level. It allows you to train more consitently by ensuring you are staying at the same pace, and helps you to consistently improve on your times and heart rate. It can also be used as a watch, has many features such as allowing you store your previous records for reference and come in flashy designs.
    Last edited by DSM18; 12-01-2005 at 02:00 AM.

DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Female gifts:

[url=http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/exerball.htm]EXERCISE BALLS:[url]

Exercise Balls are a great piece of equipment that can be utlised to tone and strengthen your body. The reason they are so unique is that fact that call for your stablisers to come into play, resulting in increased strength. These balls also allow for full range abdonimal work, which would otherwise be impossible if you were planning on trianing abs at home. They come with additional instruction booklet, can come with an additional DVD and book on how to tighten your abs. Great gift for any healthy and exercise concious male or female.

MY RECOMMENDATION: Xercise Ball Pack.:

This is the complete package - alot of people get the ball, but aren't 100% confident on how to maximise it for full results! That's where this packs is so useful. It provides all the information you need to get the most of your Exercise Ball, all at a very affordable price. Check it out!

Ankle Straps:

Toning the inner and outer thighs are a priority for females to acheive long, lean legs. But most gyms don't have an adductor machine available. Thats where straps come in - simply attach them to your leg and cable machine. Great gift for females who want great legs.

FOOD SCALE: $6:45

These are great for anyone watching their calorie intake.

WOMEN'S CLOTHING:

we all know how much females loves clothes. Bodybuilding.com store offers everything from T-shirts, tanks, halter tops and shorts.

TRAINING EQIPMENT:

Although not the most compact of gifts, if you are really looking to impress someone, or to really show your generosity, then training eqipment is probably the best bet. Make sure you know what the person wants before buying. If its an expensive purchase, its important they are going to use it. There are other options if you are willing to spend more. I've listed several below.

WEIGHT RACK: $149

Great for a home gym. They give you somewhere to your store your eqipment without it being all over the place, ensure your training enronment is free from rolling dumbells and don't look that bad either.

Powertec Strength Utility Bench $249
    Most weight benches you see don't allow you the option of going incline, flat and decline, but this sturdy piece of eqipment is very versitile. It contains an attachment for both leg extensions and leg curls, contains rear wheels and is both very heavy duty while looking pleasing to the eye.

Do you Know nothing about body building? Don't know whats good, whats bad? Do you want to make sure you are buying a good product? CLICK HERE and visit the top 50 sold products at www.bodybuilding.com/store. Find out what people want, what they buy and see if the product you are thinking of purchasing is a best seller.

Or are you finding it difficult to find what you want? CLICK HERE to navigate through categories making your time at the store alot easier.

bodybuilding.com/store offers this- If your order is over $75 You can choose from a free High Quality T-Shirt, Shaker Bottle or Water Bottle

The choices are many, many choices. If just one, it would have to be a PRO training video. I've never seen one before, and where I live they are hard to find, and very expensive which put me off from buying one. I find it really interesting to find out what the pro's do inside the gym, and I'd imagine it'd be pretty motivating to watch them train.

I hope the article has helped you select something for your body building friends, or relatives, and put an end to any stress you may have had as to what to buy.

All the best, and have a great Christmas!
    Last edited by DSM18; 12-01-2005 at 02:14 AM.

chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    hi
    ★★★★★BIG MONEY BALLER CREW★★★★★

Bench: 220
    Dead: 345
    Squat: 320

I REP BACK!!