StopTheMusic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Begiiner: How to gain muscle while keeping fat ratio

I am thinking to go to gym to gain muscle. I am very thin: 6'0 with 150#. My body fat ratio is 16-18%. I wanna keep my fat ratio constant(i hate fat), but I want some muscle. So I decided to buy supplements. So far, BB.com says whey protein is good for after exercise, soy is better for health, casein is the best to take before sleep. I thought i should buy 2 different types: after exercise, before sleep.

Whey seems the best for after exercise but it contains extremely high cholesterol and sugar, like "Optimum 100% Whey Protein". Can soy proteins substitute whey protein, like "Probolic-SR"? And are they easily digested as whey after exercise?

Should I also buy casein protein? If someone knows healthy(low cholesterol and sugar) supplements that can help me gain muscle without gaining fat, please let me know.

halcyonnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halcyonnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halcyonnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halcyonnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halcyonnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halcyonnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halcyonnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halcyonnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halcyonnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halcyonnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) halcyonnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This would be really good for you to read, especially the section about various protein supps:

http://pogue972.blogspot.com/2006/04...beginners.html

Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If by body fat ratio, you mean body fat percent, then I would consider cutting first. 16-18% is already on the high side of a bulk, so cutting first would let you bulk for longer.

As for supps, a simple ON protein and Dextrose for post-workout and creatine monohydrate would be fine to start off with.

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Smurg View Post
    If by body fat ratio, you mean body fat percent, then I would consider cutting first. 16-18% is already on the high side of a bulk, so cutting first would let you bulk for longer.

As for supps, a simple ON protein and Dextrose for post-workout and creatine monohydrate would be fine to start off with.
    I don't recommend cutting to a 6'0 150 lb person.

StopTheMusic, with the muscle you add by training and eating properly, you will raise your metabolism and will likely drop your bodyfat. Check out the Nutrition section. Right now, the only supplements I'd suggest are a protein powder, multivitamin and perhaps creatine, but first and formost you need to get the other aspects in order.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

StopTheMusic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for replies.
    I am considering Healthy 'N Fit's "Anabolic Muscle" which contains:

Calories 835
    Protein 90grams
    Carbohydrates 109grams
    Fat 4grams
    in 227 g protein powder.
    Is it too high for beginners? It attracts me b/c it also contains many amino acids...