MikeyBob365 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyBob365 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyBob365 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyBob365 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyBob365 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyBob365 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Football & Lacrosse training

I'm a freshmen down in Texas. I only weigh 128lbs. and I am only 5' 7", and I've got 8 months of training to increase my strength, speed, and vertical!

My goal right now is to gain at least around 30/35lbs. I realize what a challenge this is going to be, but I'm very determined!

I've played 9 seasons of tackle football, and at the beginning of the year i quickly made a switch from football to cross country. I've missed football so much so i made the switch back into the class to keep up with everyone i'll be playing with next year, but i don't feel like i'm gaining much in the class with 80 other freshmen.

I am trying to make JV A team as Strong Safety.
    What i want to highlight my training on is my chest, arm strength, leg explosiveness. I have a real weak back due to heredity so I'll defiantly need to work on that! I also pole-vault, and the track coach said they don't have any pole-vaulters so i should start on varsity[yes i've vaulted before]! so shoulder would be something i'd like to work on!

If anyone would be willing to kinda map a program for me, I'd appreciate that very much, and I'll keep you up to date on how I'm doing if you're curious. Or if you a have specific workout that you think will be useful for me, I'd be very glad to have it!

And for lacrosse, I play middi [like soccer's midfield] so i would like a good sprint workout, preferably a seven day one, cause it'll get me in shape for lacrosse and i can stay in shape for football.

nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Everyone here is going to suggest westside for skinny bastards 3. They'll do this because it works and you are a skinny bastard...no offense.

However, you're also a freshman so you'll do a lot of growing in the next few months.

My recommendation for size is to eat a lot (6 small meals a day) and take lots of protein shakes. My recommendations for protein shakes are Met-RX collegiate series but to each their own. Also lifting helps create bigger muscles.

Strength= lift. You shouldn't use the same weight 3 weeks in a row keep adding weight.

Speed= cross country gives you endurance and helps lose body fat but it doesn't give you that killer speed. Sprints young man. Sprints. lots of 10 yrds. 20s. 30s. and 40s. Again LIFT, leg workouts such as squats, pylometrics, etc. These will help strengthen those quick muscle fivers that enhance speed.

In the middle of all of this you'll need to find your heart if you don't have one. That killer instinct. Talent means nothing if there is no heart or instinct. Find it. Harness it and ride it straight into that receiver's chest.

Good forth and conquer.
    Champions are not born. They are built.

You wondered if all the pain and sacrifice is worth it...now you know.

Gold medals aren't made of gold. Not really. They're made of sweat, dedication, and a hard to find alloy called guts.

Everybody wants to win. But not everybody is willing to do what it takes.

MikeyBob365 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyBob365 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyBob365 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyBob365 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyBob365 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyBob365 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nightrain36 View Post
    They'll do this because it works and you are a skinny bastard...no offense.
    none taken! lol

and thanks for the help, and the protein shake recommendation!

i'm looking for a program to follow more than tips

nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Use the westside for skinny bastards programs. It's better than what your coach is going to give you. And it gives you options, so if one station is taken their is another option.

It also has in there some speed stuff that is incorporated so you're goals of strength and speed and being worked and are done at the correct days.
    Champions are not born. They are built.

You wondered if all the pain and sacrifice is worth it...now you know.

Gold medals aren't made of gold. Not really. They're made of sweat, dedication, and a hard to find alloy called guts.

Everybody wants to win. But not everybody is willing to do what it takes.

Woah, my bad, I didn't realize that was a real program! I just thought it was like a forum joke about smaller guys being in theater/dance! Thanks man! I'll look into that!

football95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MikeyBob365 View Post
    the class with 80 other freshmen.
    wow.. around here full football teams counting varsity jv and freshmen have about 80-90 total
    Just do the work, and get big

soccergod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soccergod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soccergod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soccergod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soccergod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soccergod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by MikeyBob365 View Post
    Woah, my bad, I didn't realize that was a real program! I just thought it was like a forum joke about smaller guys being in theater/dance! Thanks man! I'll look into that!
    id actually go for ripptoes starting strength imo because it is just more effective at building strength and increasing speed. Also learning how to power clean early is very valuable

then you can incorporate plyometrics, sprints, and drills such as the 3 cone drill etc.. into your off days

Thanks soccergod, I think I'm going to do that program for 12 weeks, but instead of three days do four days a week, and i'm going to eat five meals a day & two servings of protein shakes.

After that I'm going to evaluate how I'm doing and then upgrade to that or another program!

Does anyone know of any good meals that will be pretty nutritional, thats you just have to heat up? Because my parents aren't always home to make me something and i'm pretty clueless around the kitchen!
    Last edited by MikeyBob365; 12-30-2007 at 06:28 PM.

WanderingUser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice to see another lacrosse player.
    There is no need to lie about your stats.