Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    squatting until i vomit PureAlpha's Avatar
    PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Al Faz View Post
    What a load of bull****!! I bet you think people should do leg extensions instead of squats.
    they do. haven't you heard? people in the exercise section are afraid of hard work. they'd much rather do 80 sets of curls than one set of deadlifts. 19 inches arms of non-functionnal useless cosmetic pussy ass muscle. you'd think the wannabe bbers here would follow the pros, but no, much easier to dick around with 50lbs curls all day.

i would really like to know why there is so much hate about squats and deadlifts here. just because your weak ass bone structures can't handle them doesn't mean they aren't every bit as great as everyone will tell you they are.

knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by PureAlpha View Post
    they do. haven't you heard? people in the exercise section are afraid of hard work. they'd much rather do 80 sets of curls than one set of deadlifts. 19 inches arms of non-functionnal useless cosmetic pussy ass muscle. you'd think the wannabe bbers here would follow the pros, but no, much easier to dick around with 50lbs curls all day.

i would really like to know why there is so much hate about squats and deadlifts here. just because your weak ass bone structures can't handle them doesn't mean they aren't every bit as great as everyone will tell you they are.
    Hi Al Faz 2.
    Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165969711

BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    Great f*cking post.

Bill Gates dropped out of college.

Everyone should drop out of college-you make more money.

A bunch of lazy asses trying to justify their lazy ass workouts.

Oh and Al Faz before you even say anything...

STFU.
    Haha! You made the same observation as me.

Dude, that's not it at all. People in the exercise section have been bodybuilding a while and know what works over time and doesnt. Curls, squats, bench, rows, etc. are necessary for everyone (in some variation). They especially become necessary once newb gains ware off.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by miscman View Post
    Competetive bodybuilder... but for a "normal" person looking to get up to 170lbs, it's definitely possible without direct work isn't it?
    It depends on your goals. If your goal is to build a balanced looking physique without weak points then you'll want to do direct work. How much you should do once again comes down to those goals. You can go to the other extreme and find plenty of guys in the gym who practically only train arms. Each to his own.

I've argued before that when you're starting out everything is a weak point so if your goal to get big then there's no point obsessing over the small details when what you really need to do is just pack on size all over, namely in the back, legs, chest, and shoulders. Of course if arms are clearly lagging and that bothers you then it makes sense to do more direct work which might mean an extra workout or longer workouts if you train full body or upper/lower.

Bottom line: it doesn't have to be "all or nothing."

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Wait...

what's harder work....

doing compounds PLUS isolation exercises...

or doing compounds only?

*knocks on head* uh......hello?
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wait...

what's harder work....

or doing compounds only?

I guess he thinks we mean do iso's at the EXPENSE of compounds. Both are still being worked. But all noticeable muscles become equal to make the body grow evenly. The smaller muscles can handle more because they dont contribute as much to overtraining.

squatting until i vomit PureAlpha's Avatar
    PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PureAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Wait...

what's harder work....

or doing compounds only?

i do both also. but apparently i can't have an opinion. lame. tell me what's parroting about saying deadlifts are a test of overall strength? hello? they work 98% of muscles and are the most functionnal exercise. nothing more basic than lifting a heavy weight on the ****ing floor.

gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BOLT. View Post
    I asked dom about his post in the rant where he's asking about "potentially dangerous" advice and I thought he was talking about me but apparently this is what he was talking about.
    you do it too.

You claim lifts you know you can't do and knowledge you know you don't have. If some n00b did everything you said, they could get really hurt.

The complaint is more general though, not just about you.
    oh and gecko that link did not contain answers only the search page - swiftness_02

The foods that trigger ketosis are high in carbs, not sugars - michaeldude

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

there is so much to say here, but I will try as hard as possible to limit it:

1. Alpha: look at your number of posts ( 22 ) and look at the number of posts of many of your detractors, but YOU are going to tell us that there is hate HERE about squats and deadlifts?? Man, are you WAY off: you are laughable here, because it is totally obvious to all the regulars and long timers that you have no ideas what you are talking about: Squats and Deadlifts have been posted on and elaborated on and praised upon endlessly on this forum. IF you were around then, you would know....

2. Why knock how someone wants to look?? If a guy is happier with a 19 inch arm that can't deadlift a ton, that is his business: we all get what we want out of lifting weights: some are more concerned about how they look, some , how strong and most of us, somewhere in the middle...again, OUR prerogatives

but no, you have elected to come plunging in, all on fire, and full of neg rep red zones and be the man......you will not last here, trust me.....

gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    um, he wasn't red until page three...but your point is still valid.
    oh and gecko that link did not contain answers only the search page - swiftness_02

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mroth86 View Post
    By the way this girl is like 9..i'd say that's some pretty good definition for like a 9 year old
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97D37c7dPwY
    Ummmm.....

showing her lifting weights, especially doing curls, doesn't really help your case...
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Another quality thread courtesy of BB.com!

LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ummmm.....

showing her lifting weights, especially doing curls, doesn't really help your case...
    lol. You do have a point!

Originally Posted by gecko2424 View Post
    you do it too.

You claim lifts you know you can't do and knowledge you know you don't have. If some n00b did everything you said, they could get really hurt.

The complaint is more general though, not just about you.
    Um no here's the thing. My point was he said it, then asked for a specific example and he told me it wasnt about me. If it was partially about me he could have pulled an example out.

I havent given "dangerous advice", and if you think so post an example. A lot of times I'll say something and I'll get some inappropriate responses from some members which takes everything way off topic.

In the deadlift thread for example. He lifted from a platform and stalled. Then he asked if he should raise the platform. I said if increasing his deadlift is the goal to either come up with another variation or do straight deadlifts. Then I got all these responses on how dangerous that was. Yet not a single person posted a reason he should have increased the platform.

i do both also. but apparently i can't have an opinion. lame. tell me what's parroting about saying deadlifts are a test of overall strength? hello? they work 98% of muscles and are the most functionnal exercise. nothing more basic than lifting a heavy weight on the ****ing floor.
    And see this is where you're wrong. You're right they're basic compound movement working lots of muscles and could bring lots of muscular growth. But they arent an absolute must for all bodybuilders. Some like to target the back, legs, and traps in other ways.

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BOLT. View Post
    Um no here's the thing. My point was he said it, then asked for a specific example and he told me it wasnt about me. If it was partially about me he could have pulled an example out.

I havent given "dangerous advice", and if you think so post an example. A lot of times I'll say something and I'll get some inappropriate responses from some members which takes everything way off topic.

In the deadlift thread for example. He lifted from a platform and stalled. Then he asked if he should raise the platform. I said if increasing his deadlift is the goal to either come up with another variation or do straight deadlifts. Then I got all these responses on how dangerous that was. Yet not a single person posted a reason he should have increased the platform.
    Let's look at it this way....

I'm a psychologist, but my speciality isn't in clinical, nor am I a licensed counselor. While my academic background has certainly exposed me to these areas, I haven't received the specialized training necessary to claim a profession in that part of the field.

Do I know enough to be able to give advice in that area and not be "wrong" in what I say? Probably. Do I have any business doing that, or is it ethical for me to do so? No. That's the difference.

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    apparently chest, shoulders, and triceps only make up 2% of our total muscles now.

Originally Posted by SDFlip View Post
    apparently chest, shoulders, and triceps only make up 2% of our total muscles now.
    Unless you're a gymnast. Then it's 7%.

+ pommel horse

mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    these guys are training their asses off and they most certainly give a **** about what they look like.....
    Actually no, looks do not matter in gymn training. training is strictly for performance, not mass or aesthetics. believe me.

mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mroth86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gomez26 View Post
    i remember watchin olympics once & noticing the top 3, one had really sick arms/ delts, other was just sort of toned (could barely noticed he trained), the 3rd was somewhere in the middle. what would u conclude from this?
    eh? the development is mostly from extremely hard straight arm work...mainly. hard to explain

knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Actually no, looks do not matter in gymn training. training is strictly for performance, not mass or aesthetics. believe me.
    Did you ever post a video of you doing gymnast stuff? I refuse to believe you're even half decent at it until I see a video or several pictures.
    Journal:

Ummmm.....

my point is she's 9 and for a 9 year old GIRL, that's a lot of muscle definition..get it? did you not see her flex at the end? i'd like to see how many 9 year old girls have that type of definition (it's kind of weird if you ask me)

Originally Posted by knowles.ja View Post
    Did you ever post a video of you doing gymnast stuff? I refuse to believe you're even half decent at it until I see a video or several pictures.
    i only have me doing certain exercises such as a dragon flag, tuck planche pushups from awhile ago, and L-chinups on youtube, and a weird muscle up

Thumbs up

i only have me doing certain exercises such as a dragon flag, tuck planche pushups from awhile ago, and L-chinups on youtube, and a weird muscle up
    Post it up!
    Journal:

link?

And why are you still green?

Originally Posted by knowles.ja View Post
    Post it up!
    i have several times before in other threads (like 3 in my main ab post):

Dragon Flags

L-chinups

Tuck Planche Pushups On Ground (no parallettes makes harder for full ROM):

90 pound candlesticks (this is random, just helps me be aware of my body)

Some of this comes in handy for parkour/free running training (my club)

LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Those Dragon Flags are very impressive.

Originally Posted by LungeManiac View Post
    Those Dragon Flags are very impressive.
    thanks...yea, takes tons of muscles in your body to do it. Good test of overall body strength, doesn't matter how much you weigh. the head coach here has probably blossomed to 215-230 now and can do them still so, there should be no weight excuse that people have w/some exercises.

Very good core exercise, but your legs and arms also get a decent workout from it too

thanks...yea, takes tons of muscles in your body to do it. Good test of overall body strength, doesn't matter how much you weigh. the head coach here has probably blossomed to 215-230 now and can do them still so, there should be no weight excuse that people have w/some exercises.

Very good core exercise, but your legs and arms also get a decent workout from it too
    It seems those would really test your abdominal strength. Good job.

ok, wait a minute.

Yes, you're strong for your weight, but you've got the arms of my brother's 98 lb girlfriend. I don't want to hear any...any more bodybuilding advice from you.

You can give advice on alternative exercises, conditioning and gymnastics.