Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100)

Exclamation Who should I donate my money too

Hi, im a new member here...I am going to be making alot of money, in a couple of years (millions). I know I have to take care of family first, which shouldn't be hard, just my mom and brother. Then take care of myself a little, but I want to donate to the less fortunate. I think I lived a great life, other people might consider it sh*tty never being able to buy electronics, and that type of stuff, but I think atleast I had hot water, a hot meal, showers...etc. Whereas others didnt and dont have any of this, yet alone electronics wants. So I never thought I needed money, I grew up without it, and dont want it to change me. I am going to keep a good amount, and save it up, for my children when I have some, and just put some away. But I want to donate a good portion of my earnings I will be getting, I know I will be building houses/giving gifts, to a 3rd world country my mother came from who dont even have hot water, etc...

But what else should I do with my money, thanks for the help, I cant wait to contribute to the people who really need, thats what keeps me striving to be one of the best.

Location: United States of America, Land of the Free, Home of the Brave, Land of Oppurtunity, My Home Sweet Home, Best Country in the World, Canada's Daddy, Now With 100% Vitamin C!
    TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    PM me and ill send you my paypal account #.

Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100) Jr.Gong is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by TheBigMastodon
    PM me and ill send you my paypal account #.
    Well im not talking about people who want some extra change, to just spend away. Im talking about the less fortunate who dont even have water, and starve everyday, eating 1 small portion of a meal. You should be thankful for what you have, and I am thankful for being able to do what I will be, and want to contribute and make people who have had a really hard time there entire life, give them some light.

mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000)

deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    realistically

Support people in your community first,
    Toy Drives, Bring lots of Toys,
    Food Drives, Bring Lots of food.
    homeless shelters, donate new blankets, hats, jackets, food.
    Adopt Families at Christmas, my former work, and my Gym both do this, less fortunate families are on lists and put things they need most of the time it is winter clothing, and food for dinner,

do this first, though you wont get the tax benefits you would donating to other charities, these are meaningful to people you may know.

Charities, you could Always Sponcer me every September when I run the Terry Fox run, which is a run for a cure for cancer. my father and I have been doing it for years (15 for me 13 for him) each year we try and compete who can raise the most money ( he normally wins all my friends run it with me) Not sure if it would count as a tax credit out side of Canada though.
    Venice Fitness in Toronto are Crooks Worst Gym to deal with ever.

Took me 1 year to get fat, how long will it take me to get unfat again....

Originally Posted by mike_d
    That's true, but I prefer donating to people who havent had anything there entire life. Im not taking away anything from cancer patients, they are warriors!

I am just saying, I want to donate to poor countries, I already have one which is 1st priority, but with my other earnings I want to donate to someplace else, and need some ideas. What are some countries that are poor, that anyone here comes from, tell me about it.

karmazon is just really nice. (+1000) karmazon is just really nice. (+1000) karmazon is just really nice. (+1000) karmazon is just really nice. (+1000) karmazon is just really nice. (+1000) karmazon is just really nice. (+1000) karmazon is just really nice. (+1000) karmazon is just really nice. (+1000) karmazon is just really nice. (+1000) karmazon is just really nice. (+1000) karmazon is just really nice. (+1000)
    i dont have anything, i dont even have a computer, im typing this with my brain

Originally Posted by deRusett
    realistically

Support people in your community first,
    Toy Drives, Bring lots of Toys,
    Food Drives, Bring Lots of food.
    homeless shelters, donate new blankets, hats, jackets, food.
    Adopt Families at Christmas, my former work, and my Gym both do this, less fortunate families are on lists and put things they need most of the time it is winter clothing, and food for dinner,

do this first, though you wont get the tax benefits you would donating to other charities, these are meaningful to people you may know.

Charities, you could Always Sponcer me every September when I run the Terry Fox run, which is a run for a cure for cancer. my father and I have been doing it for years (15 for me 13 for him) each year we try and compete who can raise the most money ( he normally wins all my friends run it with me) Not sure if it would count as a tax credit out side of Canada though.
    That is true, but the thing is... alot of people who grow up in this country, may not have Toys/ etc... but they still have food on the table, or a place to take a shower. There are people in other countries where they dont have any food, and are starving, and would just die for food we dont finish.

I am no doubt going to contribute to the community also, even though they always seem to screw me over in the past...but yes I will help people that I think are deserving out first.

deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50) deRusett will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jr.Gong
    That's true, but I prefer donating to people who havent had anything there entire life. Im not taking away anything from cancer patients, they are warriors!

I am just saying, I want to donate to poor countries, I already have one which is 1st priority, but with my other earnings I want to donate to someplace else, and need some ideas. What are some countries that are poor, that anyone here comes from, tell me about it.

You'd be better off donating time then Money to most of these Hard up nations much of your money is spent on bureaucracy rather then what it is intended for,

You'd be better off donating time then Money to most of these Hard up nations much of your money is spent on bureaucracy rather then what it is intended for,
    Well, im going to go there and build the house myself ( well not literally )... but I mean make sure it is built, and make sure everything is done...I wont be able to spend alot of time, only about 3-4 months of the year, doing these things. The rest of my time will be spent, its hard work making millions of dollars.

Well you can pick pretty much any African Country, and have fun

Things that are important

-Water Wells
    -Large Public Buildings, ( Can be used for shelter, as well as Schooling, or medical treatment, IMO far better then putting money into houses, people can build huts and live in them a well build community Centre with plumbing and showers benefits more then a few houses.

-Tools, I am a firm believer in teaching the Man to fish vs Giving him the fish, so Tools to work, farming, well digging, home building, provide a variety of tools and educators to teach how to use those tools, education will last much longer then the house you built

Well you can pick pretty much any African Country, and have fun

Things that are important

-Water Wells
    -Large Public Buildings, ( Can be used for shelter, as well as Schooling, or medical treatment, IMO far better then putting money into houses, people can build huts and live in them a well build community Centre with plumbing and showers benefits more then a few houses.

-Tools, I am a firm believer in teaching the Man to fish vs Giving him the fish, so Tools to work, farming, well digging, home building, provide a variety of tools and educators to teach how to use those tools, education will last much longer then the house you built

Thanks I will definetly, take your advice!

mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000)
    its hard work making millions of dollars.
    a bit of an understatement

Well theres so many charities out there even Bill Gates couldnt realistically help them all. Pick some close to your heart and give as much as you can, thats all anyone can ask of you.

Underage Thinking user4165146510's Avatar
    user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    adopt a sniper
    www.adoptasniper.com/

setup a college scholarship fund at your college of coice.
    "I find this thread allows me to be a more positive person" - TheDukeUSMC -- commenting on the sexy gif thread.

Location: United States of America, Land of the Free, Home of the Brave, Land of Oppurtunity, My Home Sweet Home, Best Country in the World, Canada's Daddy, Now With 100% Vitamin C!
    TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheBigMastodon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you really have MILLIONS of dollars, set up a scholarship fund for poor kids.

t3ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) t3ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) t3ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) t3ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) t3ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) t3ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) t3ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) t3ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) t3ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) t3ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) t3ch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by karmazon
    i dont have anything, i dont even have a computer, im typing this with my brain
    Same with me. I'm typing this at the public library, I get my water from the water fountain at Central park, and my food from the free samples at the local market....

Just playing. One question though, what are you doing that's gonna be getting you millions??
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Einstein

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." - Einstein

"There is only one god given right, the right to redemption."

165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    no one else is curious how he's come across his so-called wealth???

Thumbs up

Im sorry everybody, I forgot to mention im not quite making "millions" yet... I am still working on it, it takes time and patience.

The question...what I will be doing, I rather not be specific about it, but its in the entertainment (sporting) industry. People often think athletes are over paid, and I agree... they shouldn't be getting the money they do I believe teachers,doctors, should be getting the good money. I was bless with hard work and dedication, and doing what I do best, so I can't wait and will never let the money get to me, thats why im staying true!

165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 165->190 =] has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs down

cough

Originally Posted by 165->190 =]
    cough
    What are you disappointed in? I am trying to help poor people, better their lives... if you are mad I am not donating to people who already live where they have things like water,food to eat, place to sleep, then you shouldn't be. You should take a visit to a 3rd world country to see what I mean.

No Excuses, Just Results mhschiefs97's Avatar
    mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500)

Originally Posted by mhschiefs97
    Thank you, I am saving up all the links...etc...

I just hope no one is benfiting from this, only the people who I am aiming to benefit, I just have heard of stories where people have stolen the money, and used fake stories...etc...

mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500) mhschiefs97 is not very helpful. (-500)

Thank you, I am saving up all the links...etc...

I just hope no one is benfiting from this, only the people who I am aiming to benefit, I just have heard of stories where people have stolen the money, and used fake stories...etc...
    that thing i real so is the one in my second post. my christian morality teacher (i go to a catholic school and we have to do a theology course) had us do a paper and choose what kind of club we would like are school to have based on different charities and she gave us a list of a bunch of charities we can do our paper on

edit: dont forget about katrina relief donations

INDEPENDENT 18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) INDEPENDENT 18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) INDEPENDENT 18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) INDEPENDENT 18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) INDEPENDENT 18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) INDEPENDENT 18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) INDEPENDENT 18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) INDEPENDENT 18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) INDEPENDENT 18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) INDEPENDENT 18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) INDEPENDENT 18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi, im a new member here...I am going to be making alot of money, in a couple of years (millions). I know I have to take care of family first, which shouldn't be hard, just my mom and brother. Then take care of myself a little, but I want to donate to the less fortunate. I think I lived a great life, other people might consider it sh*tty never being able to buy electronics, and that type of stuff, but I think atleast I had hot water, a hot meal, showers...etc. Whereas others didnt and dont have any of this, yet alone electronics wants. So I never thought I needed money, I grew up without it, and dont want it to change me. I am going to keep a good amount, and save it up, for my children when I have some, and just put some away. But I want to donate a good portion of my earnings I will be getting, I know I will be building houses/giving gifts, to a 3rd world country my mother came from who dont even have hot water, etc...

But what else should I do with my money, thanks for the help, I cant wait to contribute to the people who really need, thats what keeps me striving to be one of the best.
    Lots of causes. Lukemia affects a lot of people. That is a good cause. http://www.leukemia.org/hm_lls

I would rather give something to a good cause. Or you can give money to burn victims. You can give it to the poor which is always good but I would rather give it first hand rather then through an organization. There are lots of poor in America you can help. We can make our own country better. You can sponser a child in 3rd world countries also. I would rather give to a poor person in America though thats just me but 3rd world donation is not bad. I think sponsoring a kid is better then donating money to poor countries because they rip it off and it goes in the hands of militants who oppress the people.
    Last edited by INDEPENDENT 18; 11-23-2005 at 07:24 PM.

mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000) mickey mouse is just really nice. (+1000)
    donate your money to me so i can spend it all in a couple of days.

^^^ thats about the same thing averyone proposed to you xept i'm being honest
    HONEY!

Cool

Im sorry everybody, I forgot to mention im not quite making "millions" yet... I am still working on it, it takes time and patience.

The question...what I will be doing, I rather not be specific about it, but its in the entertainment (sporting) industry. People often think athletes are over paid, and I agree... they shouldn't be getting the money they do I believe teachers,doctors, should be getting the good money. I was bless with hard work and dedication, and doing what I do best, so I can't wait and will never let the money get to me, thats why im staying true!
    So.. you're going to somehow scam money from athletes? Good job

The ones who make millions are the BEST IN THE WORLD. And you want to take that and give it to teachers and doctors? Ha, what a crock. Teachers have some of the easiest, cushiest jobs on the planet, and doctors already make 6 figures easy. The BEST DOCTORS IN THE WORLD easily make 7 figures a year.

How about the team owners who make more than the actual athletes, I bet you forgot about them right? You sound like a communist with your ideals, good luck with all that.

Originally Posted by INDEPENDENT 18
    Lots of causes. Lukemia affects a lot of people. That is a good cause. http://www.leukemia.org/hm_lls

I would rather give something to a good cause. Or you can give money to burn victims. You can give it to the poor which is always good but I would rather give it first hand rather then through an organization. There are lots of poor in America you can help. We can make our own country better. You can sponser a child in 3rd world countries also. I would rather give to a poor person in America though thats just me but 3rd world donation is not bad. I think sponsoring a kid is better then donating money to poor countries because they rip it off and it goes in the hands of militants who oppress the people.
    Well...I can also give it first hand, it will feel good going to the country and just handing out money to people, and see there faces and expressions. Im sure there will be some people who want to rob you there, but they will know better and be pretty intimidated. I just I understand what cancer can do, but I dont see how the money will benefit, they will get toys/etc...thats all I can see. If someone couldn't afford a surgery or something I would be willing to help them also.

Originally Posted by mike_d
    So.. you're going to somehow scam money from athletes? Good job

The ones who make millions are the BEST IN THE WORLD. And you want to take that and give it to teachers and doctors? Ha, what a crock. Teachers have some of the easiest, cushiest jobs on the planet, and doctors already make 6 figures easy. The BEST DOCTORS IN THE WORLD easily make 7 figures a year.

How about the team owners who make more than the actual athletes, I bet you forgot about them right? You sound like a communist with your ideals, good luck with all that.
    Who said im scamming money, I dont really understand where you are pulling this ideas from. I am an athlete, I will be making the money, and dont believe I deserve it. I dont know how you thought I was stealing from athletes, and all these other assumptions, considering I AM AN ATHLETE...

Well...I can also give it first hand, it will feel good going to the country and just handing out money to people, and see there faces and expressions. Im sure there will be some people who want to rob you there, but they will know better and be pretty intimidated. I just I understand what cancer can do, but I dont see how the money will benefit, they will get toys/etc...thats all I can see. If someone couldn't afford a surgery or something I would be willing to help them also.
    The money will mainly go towards research for a cure (or various cures).