star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

upper/lower split..is this okay?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've decided to do a different upper/lower split. Does it look alright? Or is it just bad and should I do something completely different?
    (I got it from a Muscle and Fitness Hers magazine..I KNOW magazine routines are usually ****ty and totally unbalanced, but I thought this was an 'okay' one)

Btw, the exercises change every 2 weeks, as do the set and rep schemes.

Upper day: Incline Barbell Press
    Dumbbell press
    Lat Pulldown
    Seated cable row
    Military press
    Optional: Biceps and triceps

Lower Day: Lunge
    Leg Press
    SLDL
    Calf raise

This is just an example of the first week..does it look okay?

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by star4822 View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've decided to do a different upper/lower split. Does it look alright? Or is it just bad and should I do something completely different?
    (I got it from a Muscle and Fitness Hers magazine..I KNOW magazine routines are usually ****ty and totally unbalanced, but I thought this was an 'okay' one)

Btw, the exercises change every 2 weeks, as do the set and rep schemes.

Upper day: Incline Barbell Press
    Dumbbell press
    Lat Pulldown
    Seated cable row
    Military press
    Optional: Biceps and triceps

Lower Day: Lunge
    Leg Press
    SLDL
    Calf raise

This is just an example of the first week..does it look okay?
    Assuming a 4 day (2 way) split....

It looks ok. You could even do the biceps and triceps on "lower" day.

No, you won't overtrain your arms.

Word of wisdom: magazines are at least edited. The internet isn't. Most people that say "magazines suck" are complaining about beginners doing routines that aren't made for them. Then they blame the magazine.

Like "oh hai I did an Olympic decathletes workout on my first week of jr high track practice and got hurt, so the routine sucks" mentality.

good luck.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.