24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Help

Stats: 5'4", 114 lbs
    BodyPoints: 3698
    kaspar_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaspar_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaspar_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaspar_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaspar_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaspar_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaspar_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaspar_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaspar_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaspar_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaspar_19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advantages of a training split over full body workout?

I have been switching between doing a training split and a full body weight workout --- depending on the week. When I do my split, I hit every body part twice a week, and when I do my full body weight workout I fit it in 2-3 times in a week (allowing 48 hours between workouts, and doing cardio on my non-lifting days). What are the advantadges of a split over a full body workout? Is it mainly for the sake of being thorough with each body part?? Would somebody be able to explain a bit more on this?
    ~*~*Marie*~*~

"The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places." -Author Unknown

Stats: 5'8", 171 lbs
    BodyPoints: 11761
    Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In general, for hyperthrophy, you need to hit your muscles with more sets to force them to grow. BEcause of this, a workout will take to long if you have to do everyting in the same workout, and your muscles will need more time to recover. A split was born.
    Fullbody has the advantage that you can hit a muscle group more often in a given period of time, but it will probably be more effective for strength-gaining, or slimming down if you perform it in a certain way, than getting BIG.
    First time order at iHerb.com? I got this discount code: EKE466. Will give you 10,- off on any order over 40$, 5 on any order under..
    http://www.iherb.com?rcode=EKE466

Blog! [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165643671&p=1324304881#post1324304881[/url]

Registered User misstransformer's Avatar
    Stats: 5'3", 195 lbs
    BodyPoints: 37693
    misstransformer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misstransformer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misstransformer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misstransformer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misstransformer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misstransformer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misstransformer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misstransformer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misstransformer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misstransformer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misstransformer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Euqinom View Post
    In general, for hyperthrophy, you need to hit your muscles with more sets to force them to grow. BEcause of this, a workout will take to long if you have to do everyting in the same workout, and your muscles will need more time to recover. A split was born.
    Fullbody has the advantage that you can hit a muscle group more often in a given period of time, but it will probably be more effective for strength-gaining, or slimming down if you perform it in a certain way, than getting BIG.
    This has been my experience as well Euqinom! As you pick up the pace with intensity and/or poundage, the muscles really do need more time to rest. In short, I find split routines more effective and efficient as you increase intensity. ) T

Stats: 7'1", 100 lbs
    BodyPoints: 37384
    Defiant1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Defiant1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Defiant1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Defiant1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Defiant1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Defiant1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Defiant1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Defiant1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Defiant1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Defiant1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Defiant1 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by kaspar_19 View Post
    I have been switching between doing a training split and a full body weight workout --- depending on the week. When I do my split, I hit every body part twice a week, and when I do my full body weight workout I fit it in 2-3 times in a week (allowing 48 hours between workouts, and doing cardio on my non-lifting days). What are the advantadges of a split over a full body workout? Is it mainly for the sake of being thorough with each body part?? Would somebody be able to explain a bit more on this?
    Greater localized volume with lower systemic volume per session.

As you alluded to: more specialization for continued improvement.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.