djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Healthiest brand of wraps? (whole weat, corn, flour etc)

For those of you who make wraps, what is the healthiest brand to pick up? My diet is in check, but sometimes I feel like having a sandwich or something, so I want to start making wraps as I like them better than bread. But, most of the wraps I see are very high in calories. Any suggestions?

MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by djdefcon
    For those of you who make wraps, what is the healthiest brand to pick up? My diet is in check, but sometimes I feel like having a sandwich or something, so I want to start making wraps as I like them better than bread. But, most of the wraps I see are very high in calories. Any suggestions?

FLAX SEED WRAPS OWN!

A minneapolis bakery around here makes them and sends them to our local Cub Foods grocery store... you may have to search in your town.. try a healthfood store?
    Height - almost 5'10"
    Current weight - 152 - WTF?

Workout Journal... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=677394

[url]http://www.myspace.com/msnubility[/url]

Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Look for whole wheat or stone ground wheat. These will tend to be lower in fat and carbs plus don't have quite as many chemicals. Additionally, remember that the wraps don't have to be "burrito size." Look for the smaller tortillas; these can help with your bread fix and not give you as many calories. For example, here are the tortillas I eat:

La Rosito brand (8" tortillas)
    110 calories per wrap
    3 g fat
    18 g carbs
    6 g protein
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE SMALL

"tofurkey? tof*ck yourself" ~ W8

Check out my journal (currently on hold): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7096271

PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I get these whole wheat tortilla's from Publix, They are made by LaTortilla Factory

50cals
    2g fat
    11g carb
    8g fiber
    5g protein

Note: probably not as big as a wrap but its whole wheat and works great as a bread substitute if you want to switch it up.

I love these things

Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PureMotivation
    I get these whole wheat tortilla's from Publix, They are made by LaTortilla Factory
    I have to check if my local Publix here in So FL carries this brand. I used another brand of whole wheat tortillas that I found in the refrigerated section recently called Tamxicos and baked them folded in half in the oven for fifteen minutes with a little olive oil and salt sprayed on them to make crispy taco shells. They tasted good but had more than twice as many calories and a little more fat and less dietary fiber than these do.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Look for "Ezkiel" bread and tortillas made by "Food For Life". IMO the best bread/tortilla product on the market.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

arejay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MsDominatus
    FLAX SEED WRAPS OWN!

A minneapolis bakery around here makes them and sends them to our local Cub Foods grocery store... you may have to search in your town.. try a healthfood store?

yessum...flax wraps rock...taste great, more protein and less cals then a whole wheat...i found mine in the local supermarket by the deli section...they have a ledge right infront of the deli-meat case with all types of wraps. just a suggestion, check by the deli
    10/31/05 - 287.6 lbs
    11/06/05 - 282.2 lbs
    11/13/05 - 279.8 lbs

goal - 200lbs by 06/19/05 :)

saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i like ezekial tortillas, la tortilla factory tortillas, and the whole wheat or low carb flat out wraps you can find at supermarkets and walmart.
    this signature was purchased by melon:

"incongruous penguin"

thor86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thor86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thor86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thor86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thor86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thor86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like this brand called "flat out bread." They have lower carb versions made w/whole wheat but I like the regular whole wheat w/flax. They also provide a ridiculous amount of fiber(something like 14g).
    Fear
    Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore, you will not know the terror of being lost at sea.

PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50) PureMotivation will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jim_Gym
    I have to check if my local Publix here in So FL carries this brand. I used another brand of whole wheat tortillas that I found in the refrigerated section recently called Tamxicos and baked them folded in half in the oven for fifteen minutes with a little olive oil and salt sprayed on them to make crispy taco shells. They tasted good but had more than twice as many calories and a little more fat and less dietary fiber than these do.
    Jim, I live in south florida as well, your publix should carry them. Also, thye are great for making healthy pizza's

MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by thor86
    I like this brand called "flat out bread." They have lower carb versions made w/whole wheat but I like the regular whole wheat w/flax. They also provide a ridiculous amount of fiber(something like 14g).
    Oh yep, i've used those too when I can't find the flax.
    Height - almost 5'10"
    Current weight - 152 - WTF?

Workout Journal... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=677394

[url]http://www.myspace.com/msnubility[/url]

HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    instead of wraps, you could use pitas as well. all you do is stuff in the ingredients. there are usually whole wheat pitas, so try for them.

arejay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HydroStorm
    instead of wraps, you could use pitas as well. all you do is stuff in the ingredients. there are usually whole wheat pitas, so try for them.
    good call, i use pita's too and make myself chicken and rice gyros (kinda) hehe
    10/31/05 - 287.6 lbs
    11/06/05 - 282.2 lbs
    11/13/05 - 279.8 lbs

goal - 200lbs by 06/19/05 :)