is sneaking up behind you Mr_O_2020's Avatar
    Location: Scotland, But I'm American, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Endurance for Linebacker

Hi.

I'm currently constructing a routine that I will start in the new year.

It is to make myself a better linebacker.

The question that I wish to ask is should I include any sort of endurance training in the routine?

If so, could you recommend what kind?

Thanks for any help.

finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would go with West side for skinny bastards 3. You PROBABLY don't know how to make a great routine as many don't so just go with a proven routine.
    Currently on Defranco's Built Like A Badass.

desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You don't need to worry about endurance and conditioning until May or June really.

soccergod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soccergod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soccergod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soccergod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soccergod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soccergod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    check out defrancos strengnth and speed template

is sneaking up behind you Mr_O_2020's Avatar
    Location: Scotland, But I'm American, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr_O_2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for the replies.

I've decided to go for a tried and tested program.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure which one to go for!!!

I was thinking either:

Westside for Skinny Bastards:
    http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...s_westside.htm

Or The Power Base Program:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/schultz74.htm

Sorry for all the questions. It's not been very long since I decided what I want my goals to be.

I'm leaning towards the Power Base Program at the moment, but I want to get your opinions first.

soccergod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soccergod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soccergod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soccergod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soccergod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soccergod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Mr_O_2020 View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

I've decided to go for a tried and tested program.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure which one to go for!!!

I was thinking either:

Westside for Skinny Bastards:
    http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...s_westside.htm

Or The Power Base Program:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/schultz74.htm

Sorry for all the questions. It's not been very long since I decided what I want my goals to be.

I'm leaning towards the Power Base Program at the moment, but I want to get your opinions first.
    ehh id say go with power base because it comes with the SAQ program, and considering your size youd probably do better with a program more geared towards plyos and speed training etc..

unless your mad fat

desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50) desteph will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You should do the West side for skinny bastards 3. The power base program brings to many risks. It takes time to learn the proper technique of hang clean and split jerk. Trying to do these exercises on your own may result in injury. You can use the saq program from power base, but you should stick with ws4sb3

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Wink

Both programs have merit. In your case I would suggest that you follow WS4SB.

Learn how to do the Olympic Lifts & their variations during the season from a knowledgable coach or trainer.

Remember that Football is not a game of just linear speed. So you need to incorporate deceleration/acceleration, change of direction etc...

Enjoy the Journey!