Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JoeTheRock7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post High Intensity Training Log

Wuts up guys, my name is Joe and im 18 years old and started researching H.I.T a few months ago. I decided to take on the challenge of training my friend while we are home from college on christmas break. He has not worked out in a while and wanted to get in shape. I feel a lot of people have misconceptions of High Intensity Training and i had reservations as well. But, through two workouts my subject has made amazing progress and i no longer have those reservations. He did not want any pictures posted on the internet but i am taking thorough measurements and logging all of the exercises. I have put him on a MWF full body routine, which started on wednesday 12/26/07. His measurements were: Upper arms: 13'' right arm and 12.5'' left arm; 11.5'' right forearm and 11.25'' left forearm; 38.25'' chest on 12/26/07. Today, before the second workout, he has gained a quarter inch on his right upperarm and half an inch on his left. He has also gained a quarter inch on his right forearm and a half inch on his chest. I will post the full workouts and progress if anyone is interested. Please let me know if there is a demand for this workout log. There is not a lot of information on H.I.T at the moment and i hope this can change that. Thank you.
    The end justifies the means

BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Forget HIT. Too many people dont use it and have way better results.

Registered User BillabongVolcom's Avatar
    BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    HIT does work, but, the funny thing about HIT on here is that every new HIT post about how great its working or what not the poster has usually only 1-5 posts and just signed up for a BB'ing account. And, they never show pix. So, I'm just taking a wild guess that half of the HIT posts are posted by the same guy with different names...but, I could be totally wrong.

If it's working for you and your friend thats great, keep doing it. What does your current HiT routine look like?
    I had all the normal teenage fantasies..cars, girls, money, blow. Then my parents left for a week, and all my fantasies came true!

I usually just use these forums as a way to see what people are saying about certain supplements. I understand where you would question my credibility since i do not have many posts. But, I decided to post this because i was really surprised with the progress after only two workouts with no supplementation in the subject. Routines posted below:
    12/26/07
    Barbell Curls
    60 second chin up rep
    Tricep extension
    Tricep pushdowns
    Butterflys on Pec Deck
    Bench
    Lat Pulldown
    Seated Rows
    DB Press
    Rear Flyes on Pec Deck
    Leg Extension
    Hammer curls with twist at 90 degrees
    (All one set with a 3 second positive and 6 second negative)
    12/28/07
    Barbell Curls
    Underhand Pulldowns
    Tricep extension
    Tricep pushdowns (rope)
    Butterflys on Pec Deck
    Pushups (decline)
    Underhand Rows
    Shoulder Flyes with elbows locked in sides
    Leg Extension
    Forearm Curls with cables
    P.S-. H.I.T does work if you are committed to it. Some people are not cut out for it and those are the people who quit too easily and do not work through the pain of the workout, its is very taxing.

BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    6 second negative? Damn! I used to follow a 4/4 cadence and that was enough for me, but 6 seconds is crazy long. The weight would have to be so light.
    I had all the normal teenage fantasies..cars, girls, money, blow. Then my parents left for a week, and all my fantasies came true!

You are right, the traditional H.I.T cadence is 4/4 but me and my trainin partner modified it a little because we like to work with serious negatives. And the 60 second repettition in the 12/26/07 workout is a chinup done 30 seconds up and 30 seconds down, prett tought stuff. But, the strength comes quick and we have added 10 pund plates around our waists when performing it. Do you use H.I.T?

Nah. Right now I'm a 3 day split.

Shoulders/Arms
    Off
    Legs
    Off
    Chest/Back
    Off
    Repeat.

2 sets per exercise, the first set til failure, the second set failure as well but a little less weight.

For exmaple.

Incline Bench 1 x 6, 1 x 8
    Weighted Dips 1 x 4, 1 x 8
    Weighted Chin-ups 1 x 6, 1 x 8
    Deadlifts 1 x 4, 1 x 8

Then my Chest and Back is fried and done usually. I usually follow a 2/4 cadence, well I at least try to hah.

olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JoeTheRock7 View Post
    I usually just use these forums as a way to see what people are saying about certain supplements. I understand where you would question my credibility since i do not have many posts. But, I decided to post this because i was really surprised with the progress after only two workouts with no supplementation in the subject. Routines posted below:
    12/26/07
    Barbell Curls
    60 second chin up rep
    Tricep extension
    Tricep pushdowns
    Butterflys on Pec Deck
    Bench
    Lat Pulldown
    Seated Rows
    DB Press
    Rear Flyes on Pec Deck
    Leg Extension
    12/28/07
    Barbell Curls
    Underhand Pulldowns
    Tricep extension
    Tricep pushdowns (rope)
    Butterflys on Pec Deck
    Pushups (decline)
    Underhand Rows
    Leg Extension
    P.S-. H.I.T does work if you are committed to it. Some people are not cut out for it and those are the people who quit too easily and do not work through the pain of the workout, its is very taxing.
    I do believe in HIT but good luck gaining any sort of leg mass with your only leg movement being leg extensions. you are wasting your time doing that

The person who I am training has large legs and a smaller upper body, there has only been two workouts the next few workouts will contain different leg exercises but we are not trying to add more mass to his legs. It his upper body we are tryiny to build.

m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    yes keep posting, but get ready for neg reps as the truth hurts sometimes. Hit rules

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by m_risinger View Post
    yes keep posting, but get ready for neg reps as the truth hurts sometimes. Hit rules
    Hi Kingfish http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=43

Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stanco is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wuts up guys, my name is Joe and im 18 years old and started researching H.I.T a few months ago. I decided to take on the challenge of training my friend while we are home from college on christmas break. He has not worked out in a while and wanted to get in shape. I feel a lot of people have misconceptions of High Intensity Training and i had reservations as well. But, through two workouts my subject has made amazing progress and i no longer have those reservations. He did not want any pictures posted on the internet but i am taking thorough measurements and logging all of the exercises. I have put him on a MWF full body routine, which started on wednesday 12/26/07. His measurements were: Upper arms: 13'' right arm and 12.5'' left arm; 11.5'' right forearm and 11.25'' left forearm; 38.25'' chest on 12/26/07. Today, before the second workout, he has gained a quarter inch on his right upperarm and half an inch on his left. He has also gained a quarter inch on his right forearm and a half inch on his chest. I will post the full workouts and progress if anyone is interested. Please let me know if there is a demand for this workout log. There is not a lot of information on H.I.T at the moment and i hope this can change that. Thank you.
    Then show some proof. Show me a picture of a skinny guy turned huge from training HIT. There ARENT any. I've seen a handful of pics of big guys using HIT, but they've been big forever even before they did HIT. I've been to HIT forums and mike mentzers website and i've read so many success stories from HIT without ONE pic.

Do HIT for 12 weeks, show us pics of your progress.

Also, i've been to highintensity.com forums and i've seen a couple of posters from there post here with a long line of red blocks next to their name.

Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here's the link to my own heavy duty training log. If you need any help with your program let me know.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6239401
    I eat to failure.

Originally Posted by Stanco View Post
    Then show some proof. Show me a picture of a skinny guy turned huge from training HIT. There ARENT any. I've seen a handful of pics of big guys using HIT, but they've been big forever even before they did HIT. I've been to HIT forums and mike mentzers website and i've read so many success stories from HIT without ONE pic.

Do HIT for 12 weeks, show us pics of your progress.

Also, i've been to highintensity.com forums and i've seen a couple of posters from there post here with a long line of red blocks next to their name.
    I understand what you're saying but the person i am training does not want his pictures up on the internet. I am providing everyone with legitimate measurements though. His next workout is tomorrow, I will post updated measurements at that time.

canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ......not again.

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I understand what you're saying but the person i am training does not want his pictures up on the internet. I am providing everyone with legitimate measurements though. His next workout is tomorrow, I will post updated measurements at that time.
    Why bother? With out pictures no one will believe you. When it comes to HIT the burden of proof is on you.

Renaissance68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renaissance68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renaissance68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renaissance68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renaissance68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renaissance68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renaissance68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renaissance68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renaissance68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renaissance68 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renaissance68 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck man. I've used HITand had some good gains with it. But I must just say that your programme looks a bit fragmented. Both the exercise choices and sequence seem to contain too many isolation exercises and too much biceps/triceps emphasis at the front of the workouts 'prior' to chest, delt and back work! Also leg work last? (I know you said you are adding more leg work but the format of the routine seems odd). Your right, HIT can work but I not sure this routine will provide sustained gains once the newby's body adapts to training stimuli (as most newcomers to the weights will gain rapidly initially on almost any routine). Just some thoughts.

Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by all pro View Post
    Why bother? With out pictures no one will believe you. When it comes to HIT the burden of proof is on you.

Where's your pics?
    I eat to failure.

BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Awnold79 View Post
    Where's your pics?
    I get your point but I think his was that most HIT trainees who come out thinking it's the best thing since sliced bread dont have pics. You're an exception. And the others who do use juice.

Where's your pics?
    I'm not the one claiming that my way of training will cure A.I.D.S., cancer, homo sexuality etc., etc., etc. I'm also not the 1 claiming that 1 size fits all no matter what body type, fiber percentage, or goals someone has. I don't need pictures to determine or prove that what I'm doing is working. If it isn't working 2 things happen,
    1) I can't add weight to the bar or get more reps with the same weight.
    2) When the ball is snapped I get my ass handed to me.

The part that I find really comical is that by definition I'm using HIT. The majority of people who think they are using HIT are in reality using HET/LIT.
    High Effort Training/Low Intensity training.
    The programs and methods being used don't look anything like what Jones created in the late 70s.
    No Pro of any type has ever done 1 set to failure with a slow contraction speed and ever won a competition of any type. EVER. Including Mentzer himself. He didn't even use his own system when he was competing he used Jones's HIT. What you're doing now isn't HIT, it's MM's HD. Jone's created HIT and therefore there is only ONE HIT program and it doesn't look much like the others claiming to be HIT. Jone's basic instructions:
    1) Do from 1-3 sets
    2) Lift the weight as fast as possible while maintaining good form.
    3) Don't always train to failure.
    4) Base the routine on compound exercises
    5) Try to add weight on a regular basis
    6) Keep the routine as abbreviated as possible.

That looks more like the instructions to Bill Starr's 5x5 then it does HD or any of the other imitations.
    There is only 1 HIT program.
    http://arthurjonesexercise.com/index.html

I just wanted to know where your pictures were.

I never claimed HIT was the only way to train.

The Mentzers were using an early version of heavy duty and Mike Mentzer DID win competitions.

Yes I know Mentzer started off with traditional high volume.

I HATE the 1 set every 7 days routines that Mentzer began prescribing to his trainees.

Aurthor Jones DID start it all. Never said he didn't.

Mentzer's version of HIT IS a great program. I wouldn't continue to use it if it didn't work well.

So when I was asking where your pictures were, I was wanting to see them because you are very anti-HIT so I'm thinking that whatever you are doing, you are doing it because you think it's better than HIT.

I'm not your typical HIT guy that claims it's the one and only system and that everything else is inferior. I'm just saying it's a great program and it does work well if it's understood and the principles are applied properly, just like any other program out there. I speak about HIT from my own personal experience with it and I am more often than not, met with a lot of resistance when I describe and outline how I train to a lot of people, but again, it's from my own personal experience. You can tell me all the contrary proven scientific mumbo jumbo you want but the bottom line is, is that HIT is working very well for me. I'm sorry if you misinterpreted my posts as personal attacks.
    I eat to failure.

romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The HIT people are like the Cross-Fit people, it's like a cult following.

I think HIT has more of an arguement than Cross-Fit though. On the website it actually says that cross fit is better for building muscle than any type of bodybuilding workout AND that it's better for powerlifters.

Awnold, you seem legit and I commend you for not acting like a 5 year old about HIT. Different stroke for different folks I guess.
    JOURNAL
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=831870

LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Routines posted below:
    12/26/07
    Barbell Curls
    60 second chin up rep
    Tricep extension
    Tricep pushdowns
    Butterflys on Pec Deck
    Bench
    Lat Pulldown
    Seated Rows
    DB Press
    Rear Flyes on Pec Deck
    Leg Extension
    12/28/07
    Barbell Curls
    Underhand Pulldowns
    Tricep extension
    Tricep pushdowns (rope)
    Butterflys on Pec Deck
    Pushups (decline)
    Underhand Rows
    Leg Extension
    I'm not going to get into the debate of HIT vs. the world that seems to happen in these threads, but as a fellow HIT trainee, I would offer some advice on this routine. To me it seems like a lot of volume for each body part. My advice would be to select one compound movement for each bodypart and focus on it each workout. Maybe altnerate between two different full body routines 2-3x a week. An example workout:

Squats
    Dips
    BB Row
    DB Overhad press
    BB Curl
    Tri Cable Ext

Each bodypart gets one set directly hitting it and your lagging arms get indirectly hit and then a direct movement. Even though legs may be a strong point, you still don't want to neglect them, so you need to keep up with at least one good compound movement. Next workout for legs I might do Stiff Leg Deadlift, Leg Extensions, and maybe calves. As you get stronger and gains slow, then it's time to look into a lower volume HIT routine like Mentzer's routines in Heavy Duty 2.

olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
    I'm not going to get into the debate of HIT vs. the world that seems to happen in these threads, but as a fellow HIT trainee, I would offer some advice on this routine. To me it seems like a lot of volume for each body part. My advice would be to select one compound movement for each bodypart and focus on it each workout. Maybe altnerate between two different full body routines 2-3x a week. An example workout:

Squats
    Dips
    BB Row
    DB Overhad press
    BB Curl
    Tri Cable Ext

Each bodypart gets one set directly hitting it and your lagging arms get indirectly hit and then a direct movement. Even though legs may be a strong point, you still don't want to neglect them, so you need to keep up with at least one good compound movement. Next workout for legs I might do Stiff Leg Deadlift, Leg Extensions, and maybe calves. As you get stronger and gains slow, then it's time to look into a lower volume HIT routine like Mentzer's routines in Heavy Duty 2.
    x2

So when I was asking where your pictures were, I was wanting to see them because you are very anti-HIT so I'm thinking that whatever you are doing, you are doing it because you think it's better than HIT.
    I'm not so much anti HIT as I am anti HIT Jedi. I used HIT in the late 70s. The local YMCA had a special 6 month course. $300.00 got you six months use of the nautilus machines, a certified trainer and a diet plan. My results where awful but I have to blame the trainer not Jones. After reading Jone's bulletins if I had been doing 3 sets instead of 1, working in the 4-8 rep range instead of the 8-12 rep range, lifting fast instead of slow and not training to failure all the time my results might have been different. The trainer never adjusted the program instead he sounded a lot like the HIT Jedi that come on the various message boards and tell you that the program is perfect so you must be doing something wrong. You know the people I'm talking about, KingFish, Rob Spector, etc, etc. Anyway, Starr's programs beginning with the basic 5x5 got me up and running and I've had good results with all of his programs. And as I said before, Starr's programs look more like Jone's HIT than the programs being called HIT. The problem isn't with Jone's HIT it's with HITers and their basic misunderstanding of the program and physiology and the fact that they try to jam their way of doing things down everyone else's throat. That very thing is happening right now on Darden's board and it's someone that Darden has trained.

LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That very thing is happening right now on Darden's board and it's someone that Darden has trained.
    Darden's board has become a complete joke. Why I continue to read it, let alone post there occassionally is really something I should reconsider in the New Year. What should be a place for individuals to ask him about his programs and discuss making his programs work better, is a place for countless people to pimp their personal training philosophies and agendas.

Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
    Darden's board has become a complete joke. Why I continue to read it, let alone post there occassionally is really something I should reconsider in the New Year. What should be a place for individuals to ask him about his programs and discuss making his programs work better, is a place for countless people to pimp their personal training philosophies and agendas.
    I know who you're talking about and he is 1 of the reasons I started posting there. He was posting here for a very short time. I don't disagree with Bio's concept but I totally disagree with his programing and some of his advice in general. When I got accused of being a troll I PMd Dr D and asked if I should leave. His response said that he felt that I had something to offer and that he wanted me to stay otherwise I would have stopped posting there.

fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm not so much anti HIT as I am anti HIT Jedi. I used HIT in the late 70s. The local YMCA had a special 6 month course. $300.00 got you six months use of the nautilus machines, a certified trainer and a diet plan. My results where awful but I have to blame the trainer not Jones. After reading Jone's bulletins if I had been doing 3 sets instead of 1, working in the 4-8 rep range instead of the 8-12 rep range, lifting fast instead of slow and not training to failure all the time my results might have been different. The trainer never adjusted the program instead he sounded a lot like the HIT Jedi that come on the various message boards and tell you that the program is perfect so you must be doing something wrong. You know the people I'm talking about, KingFish, Rob Spector, etc, etc. Anyway, Starr's programs beginning with the basic 5x5 got me up and running and I've had good results with all of his programs. And as I said before, Starr's programs look more like Jone's HIT than the programs being called HIT. The problem isn't with Jone's HIT it's with HITers and their basic misunderstanding of the program and physiology and the fact that they try to jam their way of doing things down everyone else's throat. That very thing is happening right now on Darden's board and it's someone that Darden has trained.
    Very well articulated all pro. Many that seem to be anti-HIT/HD are the ones that have given it a fair shot, and the results that the jedi and its proponents so vehemently promise are not actualized. In my experience HIT/HD works for short periods of time, but as a be all/end all for training programs, it comes up short. CYCLING it seems to be the answer in my case, as well as the hundreds of athletes I have trained.

Originally Posted by fbcoach View Post
    Very well articulated all pro. Many that seem to be anti-HIT/HD are the ones that have given it a fair shot, and the results that the jedi and its proponents so vehemently promise are not actualized. In my experience HIT/HD works for short periods of time, but as a be all/end all for training programs, it comes up short. CYCLING it seems to be the answer in my case, as well as the hundreds of athletes I have trained.
    I think a big problem is a lot of people HAVEN'T given it a fair shot. You said yourself you did the consolidated routine for a couple of months and then stopped gaining so you reduced volume and frequency and it didn't work. Did you ever try the ideal routine? Did you ever incorporate forced reps, negatives, forced negatives, heavy partials etc? These were all things that Mentzer encouraged. You talk about cycling a lot as though it's not a part of HIT at all however that's simply not the case. Now I'm not saying that HIT is for everyone and its the be all end all of training however I will say that those who swear that HIT is a joke and doesn't work, don't know what they're talking about.
    I eat to failure.

m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    exactly, you'd be surprised how many people walk into a gym and do one set of 3 exercises and leave and wonder why they didnt' grow. Most don't even know how to properly do hit training. Just go to mikementzer.com, highintensity.net or the yahoo group Heavy_Duty to learn the real truth about it and free personal training