JakeyC UK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakeyC UK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Currently Bulking And Need Advice

hi, i have never really done weights or any fitness before, but now decided i want to get bulked so i am now into my 3rd week bulking and is going steady, i have so far put on 4kg i have a good schedule and am on Creatine and protein+carb shake, i want to know if there is anything to help gaining mass i am 5'11 and weight 154lbs
    i wouldnt mind some other type of supplement but dont want to get into steroids. Thanks for your help
    ps i am alos eating like a horse
    --- Too Young To Die But Old Isnt Great ---

Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100)
    C'mon help the guy out.

HK

JakeyC UK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakeyC UK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you got any answers you could help me with vanchatron????

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JakeyC UK
    hi, i have never really done weights or any fitness before, but now decided i want to get bulked so i am now into my 3rd week bulking and is going steady, i have so far put on 4kg i have a good schedule and am on Creatine and protein+carb shake, i want to know if there is anything to help gaining mass i am 5'11 and weight 154lbs
    i wouldnt mind some other type of supplement but dont want to get into steroids. Thanks for your help
    ps i am alos eating like a horse

A few ideas:

Originally Posted by pu12en12g
    Nutrition / Diet / Macros:

-Total daily calorie intake. This is what will make / break you

- It is NOT efficient to try and lose fat AND gain muscle at the same time

- BMR and nutrition calculator (click here)

- Total Daily Protein Intake (for best results I recommend AROUND 2g per lb of bodyweight)

- Fatloss basics. READ IT

- Foods (Good vs. Bad)

- Unified Theory of Nutrition - by Will Brink

- If there was ONE SINGLE KEY to the gains I made in the 1 1/2 years when I went from 175-225 (my best.. leanest gains), it is OATS / STEEL CUT OATS ! The emphasis here is that oats / steel cut oats are a INEXPENSIVE, HEALTHY, yet VERY CALORIE DENSE FOOD. I saw lean gains like I had never seen before. But NO THEY DON'T TASTE GOOD. YOU HAVE TO FORCE FEED THEM. This gets old fast. I added about 1 cup of oats to each protein shake.

When bulking (to gain lean muscle mass), I aim for:

- 1lb lean beef per day
    - 1 Gallon Skim Milk per day
    - Around 2000 cals per day from oats
    - Lots of protein shakes (up to 8 per day)
    - Lean chicken
    - Lean turkey
    - Lean beef / sloppy Joes (manwich)
    - Hamburger Helper
    - Lots of pasta
    - Lots of tuna
    - Potatoes
    - Rice (Note: If you can afford it you can do things like boneless chicken breast, steaks etc.. etc..)
    - Veggies (Fresh if possible)

When cutting (to lose fat):

- I eat many of the same foods above, but with a lower TOTAL DAILY CALORIE INTAKE

- I put a emphasis on PRE- and POST-workout nutrition, and the end result is that most of my calories are eaten before my afternoon workout. I have found this to be ideal (for me).

Fullness Factor Chart 1
    Fullness Factor Chart 2

Supplements:

- Supplements / Companies to avoid

- SAVE $$$$$ ! ! STICK WITH THE BASICS ! ! )- Stay on creatine, there is no need to cycle it ! (cycling and loading are totally optional)

- Creatine timing (when / how to take it):- For best results, aim for AROUND 2g of total daily protein intake per lb of bodyweight EVERY SINGLE DAY ! !

Example:
    Bodyweight: 200lbs
    Total daily protein intake: 400g
    Here is why:

Workout / Routine:

- I recommend a MAX-OT, 5x5, HST (or similar) routine with a EMPHASIS ON:
    - Squatting / Leg pressing
    - Deadlifts
    - Barbell benchpress
    (Including flat / decline / incline)
    - Both BB's and DB's for best results

- Concentrate more on measurements and less on bodyweight

- Weigh yourself once a week. Should gain (or lose) around 1lb per week (depending on goals).

- Concentrate on form first, in order to stay injury free

- Emphasize both range of motion, and mind-muscle connection

- With intensity, strength gains, and a proper bodybuilding diet, the size gains (or fatloss) will come

- Make sure and have a spotter when working out your major muscle groups, preferrably someone bigger than you

- Don't be scared of overtraining. Simply listen (pay attention) to your body, and ask more questions later if you think you are overtraining.

Cardio:

- If possible, do cardio at least 8 hours from when you lift weights

- If possible, do cardio in the AM after sleeping.

- No need to do cardio on a empty stomach, but many prefer to due to nausea

- Jumping rope is a very efficient form of cardio

- Sprinting is a very efficient form of cardio

- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is a efficient form of cardio

Recovery (A.K.A GROWTH !):

- With proper intensity MUST COME PROPER RECOVERY !

- Make sure and get enough protein right before you go to sleep.

- Make sure and get enough protein/carbs right when you wake up

- Make sure and get enough deep, quality sleep (Not getting enough quality sleep is the #1 newbie mistake. You should aim for at least 8 QUALITY hours of sleep per night): - Make sure and get enough protein / calories on off days (This is when your body will be recovering) It is important to be consistent !

- Make sure and get proper pre and post-workout nutrition:
    Carbs pre and post workout.
    Protein pre and post workout.
    Creatine pre and post workout:
    Pre, During, & Postworkout Nutrition (Click here)

H20 / Cell volumization:

- Make sure and drink enough water throughout the day (This is CRITICAL ! !) I drink about 1 liter per hour. (Keep in mind I am currently over 240lbs so you may not need this much) Click here to read about why this is SO IMPORTANT:

Other Resources:
    Rules, Information, and "Best Of" Threads Index
    The BB.COM Bible - By BIGNBUFF
    MCWTRAINER's SUPPLEMENT THREADS
    ESSENTIAL Supplements - By Ironpimper
    Mind and Muscle - Strengthen your connection

Good luck !
    If you have read this post and ALL the links provided and you still have a question or concern.. please E-Mail me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible:

pt@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer: The above post is IN MY OPINION, or IN MY EXPERIENCE, unless otherwise noted.
    Last edited by pu12en12g; 11-20-2005 at 07:53 AM.
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

HEADSH0T is just really nice. (+1000) HEADSH0T is just really nice. (+1000) HEADSH0T is just really nice. (+1000) HEADSH0T is just really nice. (+1000) HEADSH0T is just really nice. (+1000) HEADSH0T is just really nice. (+1000) HEADSH0T is just really nice. (+1000) HEADSH0T is just really nice. (+1000) HEADSH0T is just really nice. (+1000) HEADSH0T is just really nice. (+1000) HEADSH0T is just really nice. (+1000)
    pureenergy, beautiful post.

tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it clean foods like chicken,beef,tuna fish shell fish ,beans, veggies and oatmeal eat 6 times a day and keep your calories consistant.don't yoyo if you can do this.
    monitor your weight each week to see if you are gaining and try to gain a 1lbs a week.

supps multi vita
    whey protein powder
    ollve oil , flax oil all good stuff

creatine you should use after a bit of time of working out in my opinion but i guess it will be ok.

supps will not make you big but food will.
    Hard work pays off.Lift big or go home :)
    PART OF THE RANTER BOYZ CLUB
    nothin but a peanut. yo buddyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
    my stats page[url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=531985[/url]

cheers guys!!!! i was kind of referring to supplements wise as i have a body builder mate who has done me a diet already, but he doesnt know much about the supps as he has been on the same ones since he started

yellow fever legit check Bombers's Avatar
    Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    protein, multi-vitamin, and fish oil. Creatine is optional.
    B|m|B
    CREW

{{**DIRTY SOUTH CREW**}}

*always pick 6 crew*

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by HEADSH0T
    pureenergy, beautiful post.
    Thanks man
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100) Vanchatron is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by JakeyC UK
    cheers guys!!!! i was kind of referring to supplements wise as i have a body builder mate who has done me a diet already, but he doesnt know much about the supps as he has been on the same ones since he started
    Who might that be eh?

Mate, I am the BIGGEST on the forum. Everyone else are losers.

HK