Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    boogiebrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face big stomach but not body fat? worried!

I've posted pics to best describe it.. but essentially, i dont believe i have that much body fat probably 10-12%. There is little fat hanging OFF my stomach or anywhere else, however my stomach still remains at large! Remember my stomach is solid! There is little fat around it.. if you poke at it.. you can actually feel solid stomach or solid abs! And that's worrying me since i'm trying to further bulk up..

It is evident and somewhat similar to that of a 'pot belly' and it does protrude a bit.. It doesn't have any extra fat around it and you can still see the lines of the abs! Even when i'm not tensing!

I've posted 2 seperate pictures.
    1. naturally standing.
    2. sucking it in to where i'd like it to be! ie. straight down washboard and not protruding out bigger than my chest!
    3. another one where i'm tensing *slightly* and just leaning back slightly as well to show the abs!

My question is.... this this big stomach natural with the amount of body fat i have? or am i going to follow my dad with the cute 'pot belly'.
    If so how do i work on getting rid of it..

I'm currently eating from 3500cals to 4000 cals per day. With the bulking calculator i should gain anywhere from 1.5-2lb per week.

I also am drinking 1 cup oats before i sleep as well. ie on a full stomach, since i cannot eat in the day all the time because of bloat... is this just a myth that your stomach will get fat if you eat before you sleep or is this real?
    Attached Images

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're working your abs, right? If you are, are you using weight? Does it hurt when you suck your stomach in?

Keep in mind that you're SUPPOSED to keep your stomach sucked in all the time (like your want.jpg). Most people don't realize it, but your ab muscles are supposed to stay contracted a bit when standing to protect your innards. If this doesn't help, then perhaps you should take a laxative since it could be a blockage of some type since this is your first bulk. You may just not be used to processing that much high fiber food yet.

You can actually work out the muscles responsible for pulling your abdomen in by doing stomach vacuums which I do pretty much everyday.
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yeah it's natural dude, you have big abs. It would look fantastic if you cut down to single digit bodyfat %

Unfortunately big abs just don't look good unless you're extremely low bodyfat. I have a pretty large belly my self (all my fat is on the sides and back, very little on the front) yet it looks like a big belly.... unless you touch... it's solid.

Like King said, try sucking your gut in all the time, hopefully it will help. I believe we have what is called 'distended bellies"
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try stomach vacuums. Hey, you never know ..
    I've still got a lot to learn.

Dionysus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dionysus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dionysus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dionysus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dionysus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dionysus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dionysus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dionysus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dionysus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dionysus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dionysus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just as an experiment, try cutting out dairy for a week. I find that I have constant bloat from dairy, and after a week of cutting out the morning cereal w/ milk and severely reducing or eliminating other dairy that week my mids were much slimmer.

(though I'm more inclined to believe other posters in this thread, re: distended bellies.)

Originally Posted by KingOfChaos
    You're working your abs, right? If you are, are you using weight? Does it hurt when you suck your stomach in?
    I'm working on them very VERY lightly now and then.. but not as crazy as other body parts as i should be.

Never tried to suck in the stomach but i'll keep that in mind from now on.

Q. is there a way to reduce waist size even if i dont have that much fat around to loose?

Q. will eating RIGHT before i sleep make me get a bigger belly?
    (mom's favourite old quote.....)

kevinhnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevinhnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevinhnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevinhnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevinhnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevinhnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevinhnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevinhnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevinhnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevinhnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kevinhnc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some people store more of their fat internally - i.e. visceral fat. You're lucky in that your fat isn't stored subcutaneously (which makes you look flabby), but you're unlucky in that visceral fat is more dangerous to your health (increased heart attack risk as you get older, etc.)

If you cut, it should still go away.

lets hope so... i've seen some bber's with a fat gut and doens't look too great... i think i can almost rest a beer can on it.. if i continue like this for another year!

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by KingOfChaos
    You can actually work out the muscles responsible for pulling your abdomen in by doing stomach vacuums which I do pretty much everyday.
    Bingo. Search "vacuums" on the forums here. If your transverse abdominals get strong they'll hold in your stomache even while you sleep.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

J Wes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J Wes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulk

Until you start your cutting phase of your diet, you will not be able to reduce you bodyfat nor reduce you ab size while bulking. You can do the exercises suggested earlier by other members, but we have to remember that he is bulking and won't see single digit BF% until he is cutting.

Try more low ab exercises too- it might help some too.
    Some sacrifices are worth making if it means that i can have a body of a "god".

"The biggest crutch to any goal is indecisiveness".

'The hardest decision in bodybuilding is to decide whether you are cutting up or bulking up."

RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it may be visceral fat. Fat under your ab muscles. Whe you cut it will come off.

Ladies Love Squat Butt Morbid_Mind's Avatar
    Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by boogiebrat
    I'm working on them very VERY lightly now and then.. but not as crazy as other body parts as i should be.

Never tried to suck in the stomach but i'll keep that in mind from now on.

Q. is there a way to reduce waist size even if i dont have that much fat around to loose?

Q. will eating RIGHT before i sleep make me get a bigger belly?
    (mom's favourite old quote.....)
    A. Try stomach vaccums. It won't make you lose fat but it will work the T.A. and pull your R.A. in tighter, thus giving you a tighter waist. Check out Frank Zane.

A. No, eating before you sleep will not make you fat granted you're eating the proper foods. While you sleep your body is starving for 8 hours, you need some slow absorbing/digesting protein to fuel your body through the night.
    My Goals:

For to make the heavy weights light and the baggy clothes tight.

Originally Posted by Morbid_Mind
    A. Try stomach vaccums. It won't make you lose fat but it will work the T.A. and pull your R.A. in tighter, thus giving you a tighter waist. Check out Frank Zane.

A. No, eating before you sleep will not make you fat granted you're eating the proper foods. While you sleep your body is starving for 8 hours, you need some slow absorbing/digesting protein to fuel your body through the night.

urm.. i'm talking 3scoop proteing. 90g (300 calories) 60g protein
    then 1.5 cups of rolled oats.. 450cals... most are carbs..
    is this a problem?

Foxy_Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxy_Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxy_Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxy_Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxy_Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxy_Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxy_Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxy_Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxy_Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxy_Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxy_Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Could be you should detox your colon. Not trying to be rude..you are right in that you don't have body fat there so it's the inside that needs something. Try colonblow.com or I know there are other products out there

Ladies Love Squat Butt Morbid_Mind's Avatar
    Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    urm.. i'm talking 3scoop proteing. 90g (300 calories) 60g protein
    then 1.5 cups of rolled oats.. 450cals... most are carbs..
    is this a problem?
    The carbs are a problem. You shouldn't be eating many, if any carbs after 6pm. If you want to eat before bed have some casein.
    My Goals:

For to make the heavy weights light and the baggy clothes tight.

Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kevinhnc
    Some people store more of their fat internally - i.e. visceral fat. You're lucky in that your fat isn't stored subcutaneously (which makes you look flabby), but you're unlucky in that visceral fat is more dangerous to your health (increased heart attack risk as you get older, etc.)

If you cut, it should still go away.
    Yep, I reckon its VAT also.
    You gotta love how sports will f*ck with ya, make you believe you can come back from an insurmountable deficit and then get kicked right in the nuts when you're almost there - Bluntdogg

bulk but not able to eat after 6pm??? how?

that's great to know i'm gonna die early.

Morbid Mind: What i'm trying to do right now is bulk up.. add perhaps 10kg more to my frame. 65kg @162cm or 136-140lbs? @ 5'2"
    BMI is already at max for my weight and i'm wide across the chest...

I eat a lot of junk food to increase my weight but little is helping... thus drinking oats & eating late is the only other time i can eat coz i'm pretty much bloated all day...

almost like a catch 22.. Not too sure what to do if i can keep bulking without eating so much????

i'lll look into the colon cleansing as i've got pretty weak stomach... the wind blows and immediately i'm on the porcelian throne..

this is a testimal of colonblow: "While this morning's evacuations weren't rope-like, they definitely weren't human. Holy crap! What did you do to me? I'm pooping everything out save Ford pickup trucks. What a product. Cheers,

- not too sure if this can be good or bad.... hmmm scary..

spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

I've posted pics to best describe it.. but essentially, i dont believe i have that much body fat probably 10-12%. There is little fat hanging OFF my stomach or anywhere else, however my stomach still remains at large! Remember my stomach is solid! There is little fat around it.. if you poke at it.. you can actually feel solid stomach or solid abs! And that's worrying me since i'm trying to further bulk up..

It is evident and somewhat similar to that of a 'pot belly' and it does protrude a bit.. It doesn't have any extra fat around it and you can still see the lines of the abs! Even when i'm not tensing!

1. naturally standing.
    2. sucking it in to where i'd like it to be! ie. straight down washboard and not protruding out bigger than my chest!
    3. another one where i'm tensing *slightly* and just leaning back slightly as well to show the abs!

My question is.... this this big stomach natural with the amount of body fat i have? or am i going to follow my dad with the cute 'pot belly'.

I'm currently eating from 3500cals to 4000 cals per day. With the bulking calculator i should gain anywhere from 1.5-2lb per week.

I also am drinking 1 cup oats before i sleep as well. ie on a full stomach, since i cannot eat in the day all the time because of bloat... is this just a myth that your stomach will get fat if you eat before you sleep or is this real?
    visceral fat--i had the same problem just cut down on carbs /and take powder protein after workout only--this worked for me-steve

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I must not have a whole lot of visceral fat left or something because I can suck my stomach in to 33 inches and hold is like that for hours without discomfort.
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/

feiying has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Stomach Bloating

Originally Posted by boogiebrat View Post

1. naturally standing.

I think it's down to oats as I started eating them everyday for about two months now, I think that's the cause of my bloated stomach too!
    try cutting them out for a month and see what happens, I'm going to try it.

Registered User DinamitaMarquez's Avatar
    DinamitaMarquez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by feiying View Post
    I think it's down to oats as I started eating them everyday for about two months now, I think that's the cause of my bloated stomach too!
    try cutting them out for a month and see what happens, I'm going to try it.
    How'd it work?

subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) subbob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    wow this thread was started in 2005...I don't think he's going to answer you

STRONG BUMP

Edit* - I also have never heard of stomach vac's....seems to be popular back then

Registered User DinamitaMarquez's Avatar
    DinamitaMarquez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by subbob View Post
    wow this thread was started in 2005...I don't think he's going to answer you

STRONG BUMP

Edit* - I also have never heard of stomach vac's....seems to be popular back then
    you never know

avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    any one find it strange that the thread is 7 yrs ld?

71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not really, it seems to happen quite frequently.
    At least it means someone is actually using the search function for a change.

cutting 'till summer hansnfranzzz's Avatar
    hansnfranzzz is just really nice. (+1000) hansnfranzzz is just really nice. (+1000) hansnfranzzz is just really nice. (+1000) hansnfranzzz is just really nice. (+1000) hansnfranzzz is just really nice. (+1000) hansnfranzzz is just really nice. (+1000) hansnfranzzz is just really nice. (+1000) hansnfranzzz is just really nice. (+1000) hansnfranzzz is just really nice. (+1000) hansnfranzzz is just really nice. (+1000) hansnfranzzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    When eating on a bulking diet, that tends to happen just due to having a full stomach all of the time.

edit: wtf @ thread date

spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was poking around the internet to find an answer to my "distended" belly" and found this old thread and recent activity.. I am a natural female bodybuilder with low body fat year round. I hate seeing pics of me in comps (after prejudging and evening show) because of my relaxed distended belly, yuk.. I am lean, vascular and ripped all the time and I do have a six pack and I do win the comps. But, when relaxed my gut bulges. I don't concentrate on always sucking in my stomach. Maybe thats the problem, or that I have had 4 kids, or oat groats that I eat.. I don't consume dairy and I eat gluten free. I don't like the thought that there could be visceral fat surrounding my organs. Damn, I am only 5'2" and 114 pounds and I can look 3 months pregnant sometimes.
    Any ideas or thoughts?
    CaryD
    Strength, power, endurance. SPEfitness

Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000) Lacrosse_Skate is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by boogiebrat View Post

1. naturally standing.

I have the same problem. My log is tracing different methods of minimizing this.

Fedetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by spefitness View Post
    I was poking around the internet to find an answer to my "distended" belly" and found this old thread and recent activity.. I am a natural female bodybuilder with low body fat year round. I hate seeing pics of me in comps (after prejudging and evening show) because of my relaxed distended belly, yuk.. I am lean, vascular and ripped all the time and I do have a six pack and I do win the comps. But, when relaxed my gut bulges. I don't concentrate on always sucking in my stomach. Maybe thats the problem, or that I have had 4 kids, or oat groats that I eat.. I don't consume dairy and I eat gluten free. I don't like the thought that there could be visceral fat surrounding my organs. Damn, I am only 5'2" and 114 pounds and I can look 3 months pregnant sometimes.
    Any ideas or thoughts?
    I really have the same problem though I'm a young male. When I tighten my abs, I do have a sixpack, but when I relax and let it loose, it looks like I'm pregnant. (Especially after dinner)
    I'm almost 18 yrs old and still bulking. (65 kg, 1,75m tall atm)

So the only way to accomplish my goal to become bigger, is to continue like this, and after I'm big enough I must start shredding, so the belly will stay flat even while relaxing?

fahyconor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

I am another frustrated individual who has this issue and doesn't know what to do. [Me: 5'10''. Runs marathons and trains 6 days a week. Does not eat any junk or drink. Body fat estimated at 10% - not tested officially] I'd just like to know if it's normal. I guess having read this thread I can go someways towards concluding that it is!!! My issue I think is heavily related to gas. Unfortunately I could not find the culprit. I gave up gluten. I gave up dairy. Then I started to experience severe gastro distress that lead me to the doctor and subsequent blood tests. Turns out I have an abnormal reading on a reasonably rare component that they are currently investigating and may subsequently refer me to the gastro consultants. At least I might get some result from this development but I still don't know. I hope that it will help because not only do I not like how it looks I feel uncomfortable a lot of the time. Actually, I wouldn't care how I looked if I could just be comfortable. Does anyone else feel uncomfortable at times - and I mean physically....very aware of pressure on the front of the abdomen wall, aware of pants or underwear tight at the midpoint of abdomen. I find it puts me in bad humor!!! If I have any success with the doctors I'll post again. I think though that no matter what they find and potentially help with I'm genetically disposed (as it would seem some of you are) to a distended belly.