Thread: Stats question

Road_kill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stats question

I was just making sure, but um when u guys say u bench 345 lbs or something. Is this on a machine or actual barbells or dumbbells? Cause i do 80 lbs (40 lbs dumbbell eachhand) and my bro can do about 70 lbs each hand. The highest dumbbell is 80 lbs. I can't imagine u guys going pure 345 lbs!
    Can u post so i get this straight?
    Jack off while u still got time

Ok.....
    Let me put it in simpler form

Are u saying u bench 200+lbs on a barbell or on a machine?

ex banana-eater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    barbell

ps i have female friends who bench as much as you>>> so work hard on it!

xthematrix is just really nice. (+1000) xthematrix is just really nice. (+1000) xthematrix is just really nice. (+1000) xthematrix is just really nice. (+1000) xthematrix is just really nice. (+1000) xthematrix is just really nice. (+1000) xthematrix is just really nice. (+1000) xthematrix is just really nice. (+1000) xthematrix is just really nice. (+1000) xthematrix is just really nice. (+1000) xthematrix is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow, banana thats great. See thats why I HATE bench press. All people care about is the number and not the actual feel.
    "Oo, I can bench 150 pounds, I can kick your ass easy."
    Bull****, now if you were braggin on incline benchpress, or better yet decline bench press, I sure as hell wouldnt mind that.
    The Matrix has you...

Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by xthematrix
    Wow, banana thats great. See thats why I HATE bench press. All people care about is the number and not the actual feel.
    "Oo, I can bench 150 pounds, I can kick your ass easy."
    Bull****, now if you were braggin on incline benchpress, or better yet decline bench press, I sure as hell wouldnt mind that.
    Decline press is bs, everyone can bench a ****load on it.

Originally posted by xthematrix
    probably because i can get the same feel as you, but 50 lbs heavier

greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by ex banana-eater

probably because i can get the same feel as you, but 50 lbs heavier

lol, and resistance will help you grow

Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Gaash

Decline press is bs, everyone can bench a ****load on it.
    True, the range of motion is so short. Inlcine press has the longest range of motion
    "Don't give up, your too strong"-Earl Simmons

MARYLAND STATE CUP NATURAL BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2nd place Teen division

stop spazzing god damn it
    It was just a question, cause DAMN 200+lb thats whole lot on barbell :'(
    Aw well, i like dumbbell more hehehe
    So now tell me, when you are doing benchpress, do u lower the bar till ur arm is 90 degrees, or do u bring the bar down all the way to ur chest than back up?

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by Road_kill
    stop spazzing god damn it
    It was just a question, cause DAMN 200+lb thats whole lot on barbell :'(
    Aw well, i like dumbbell more hehehe
    So now tell me, when you are doing benchpress, do u lower the bar till ur arm is 90 degrees, or do u bring the bar down all the way to ur chest than back up?

barbell

ideally you want to lower it to touch your chest, but some people like me, because of bone structure, can't touch the chest, so i'm forced to stop about 1.5'' above my chest. No biggie, i don't lose out on anything.

And yes, 200+pds on a bb is A LOT. Don't listen to people on here when they say 'bah, a woman can bench 200pds, i bench XXX'. I've seen people benching in the gym and it's pathetic(not in terms of weight, but in terms of form, etc..). It's better to bench less and have proper form than more and have piss poor form.

That, and i don't believe every 14yr. old on here can bench 250 easily. Most people on here would like you believe that they're as gifted as railz. Railz has INSANE genetics, most people don't, so no, i'm not willing to begin to believe most people when they start bragging abotu their bench and put down people who, say, can only bench 200
    Booo

BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by amusclehead

barbell

ideally you want to lower it to touch your chest, but some people like me, because of bone structure, can't touch the chest, so i'm forced to stop about 1.5'' above my chest. No biggie, i don't lose out on anything.

And yes, 200+pds on a bb is A LOT. Don't listen to people on here when they say 'bah, a woman can bench 200pds, i bench XXX'. I've seen people benching in the gym and it's pathetic(not in terms of weight, but in terms of form, etc..). It's better to bench less and have proper form than more and have piss poor form.

That, and i don't believe every 14yr. old on here can bench 250 easily. Most people on here would like you believe that they're as gifted as railz. Railz has INSANE genetics, most people don't, so no, i'm not willing to begin to believe most people when they start bragging abotu their bench and put down people who, say, can only bench 200
    Bone Structure?? Never heard of that. From what I have heard someone needs to give Raliz a drug test.

really? so 1.5 inchs above chest?
    U see i didn't know that, i thought it was just 90 degrees, thats why i was so shocked when i kept going up in weight. Aww i guess its back to 35-40lb now

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by BornHard-13

Bone Structure?? Never heard of that. From what I have heard someone needs to give Raliz a drug test.
    shut the hell up dude. stop accusing people of being on drugs...i'm tired of that ****. You don't see any of the knowledgable or other big bros on this site giving him anything but props...its possible when you bust your ass.

As far as the question...they are referring to barbell bench. I personally hate bench press I'd much rather do dumbbells, I get a better pump off of 1 set of incline dumbbell press than i could ever get off of 10 sets of bench press...and yes I have good form.
    Peace

BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by str8flexed

shut the hell up dude. stop accusing people of being on drugs...i'm tired of that ****. You don't see any of the knowledgable or other big bros on this site giving him anything but props...its possible when you bust your ass.

As far as the question...they are referring to barbell bench. I personally hate bench press I'd much rather do dumbbells, I get a better pump off of 1 set of incline dumbbell press than i could ever get off of 10 sets of bench press...and yes I have good form.
    Peace
    Is BigBeen a Big Bro? He has a ****load of posts and I read his post saying Raliz is on roids. U want me to go find it?

Quick Question. When doing dumbell bench do u use a spotter to put the dumbells in your hands?

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by BornHard-13

Is BigBeen a Big Bro? He has a ****load of posts and I read his post saying Raliz is on roids. U want me to go find it?

Quick Question. When doing dumbell bench do u use a spotter to put the dumbells in your hands?
    I don't really need one with dumbbells...if it's too heavy i just lower it and rest it on my chest then push them onto my knees.

bigBenn better not have said that. How can you all be so quick to judge someone you don't even know? Maybe he just works harder and has more heart than the rest of you. Ever occured to anyone maybe that's why he's bigger? Probably not because everyone's ego here is too big to admit that there are bigger people out there that are not on steroids.

this goes for everyone

JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS BIGGER THAN YOU DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE ON STEROIDS.
    Damn just the other day someone told me that a member of this board whom I have helped regulary was going behind my back and telling people "layne's on steroids, he has to be" etc etc. gimme a break
    Peace

Mark_B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I kinda agree totally with you str8flexed. I have a friend who started body building in January weighing in about 170, and now weighs over 240. He has put on some fat but has put a hell of an amount of muscle on his body. Within six months he went on his bench press from 185 to 335. He has perfect form and he is a very dedicated lifter and eats properly every day.

If you just keep with it and work your arse off everyday, pushing your limits, size will be acquired in due time.

When most people say they bench 345, they mean that on a barbell which usually means 3 45 plates, 1 ten, and 1 five on each side. The highest dumbells that I have ever seen at a gym is 150.

Originally posted by Mark_B
    I kinda agree totally with you str8flexed. I have a friend who started body building in January weighing in about 170, and now weighs over 240. He has put on some fat but has put a hell of an amount of muscle on his body. Within six months he went on his bench press from 185 to 335. He has perfect form and he is a very dedicated lifter and eats properly every day.

If you just keep with it and work your arse off everyday, pushing your limits, size will be acquired in due time.

When most people say they bench 345, they mean that on a barbell which usually means 3 45 plates, 1 ten, and 1 five on each side. The highest dumbells that I have ever seen at a gym is 150.
    I think peps get accused becuase people often say it is imposible to gain more than a pound of muscle a week without being on roids unless you are a beginner. So when peps gain 70 pounds in 8 monthes people are suspicious.

Mark_B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I understand completely, I mean I was even suspicious of even RailZ, but I think he has earned it whole heartedly (without a doubt). I can't doubt a man when a whole forum backs him up.

Also, this kid was a good friend of mine, only 17 right now, going on 18 soon. He wouldn't dare mess with anything. He was all natural, the only thing he used was for about 2 months was protien pills, that's about it. I would eat at his house at times, his mom was a big supporter of him. She makes his meals and makes sure he gets what he needs. She keeps him on his diet!! So, I wish you consider to believe what I say, but then again you are entitled to your own opinion.

i bench standard for powerlifting comps, or better. 1..2..up to 3 second pauses a cm from my chest