dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50)

shoulder strength holding my bench strength back??.. help please

well i am a shot and discus thrower for my school track team, ALL of my lifts except my bench are progressing drastically, by bench strength is not at all where i want it to be. I my shoulders, from what i noticed, are lagging among other body parts, will strengthen the size and strength of my shoulders help increase my bench? thank you in advanced.

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    absolutely

Registered User Big Arm Big Pay's Avatar
    Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    they will barely increase your bench you should focus more on your triceps the only way it would increase you bench if you do 15 or more because your delts take over after that.
    Workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=454246811#post454246811

"Dude...there are ALWAYS ninjas. You just can't see them." - HardGainer82, Clark Kent, WishmasterATM, BPP, poopoo333, JOSEF RAKICH

becky21 is just really nice. (+1000) becky21 is just really nice. (+1000) becky21 is just really nice. (+1000) becky21 is just really nice. (+1000) becky21 is just really nice. (+1000) becky21 is just really nice. (+1000) becky21 is just really nice. (+1000) becky21 is just really nice. (+1000) becky21 is just really nice. (+1000) becky21 is just really nice. (+1000) becky21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dum_bell View Post
    well i am a shot and discus thrower for my school track team, ALL of my lifts except my bench are progressing drastically, by bench strength is not at all where i want it to be. I my shoulders, from what i noticed, are lagging among other body parts, will strengthen the size and strength of my shoulders help increase my bench? thank you in advanced.
    I discovered I had the same problem about 3 months ago and a concerted effort to bring up my shoulders has resulted in my bench also going up, I'd definately recommend it.
    I prefer to train when few people are in the gym. Even if the place is packed, I pay no attention to the other bodybuilders except for my training partner. No eye contact. No talking. Even between sets, if I'm not helping my training partner, I just sip water and look at the floor, making it clear that I don't want my mental focus to be interrupted.

-Dorian Yates

hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Big Arm Big Pay View Post
    they will barely increase your bench you should focus more on your triceps the only way it would increase you bench if you do 15 or more because your delts take over after that.
    What are you doing for triceps....? What is your eating like? More important what is your rest like those are issues that most do not concider when putting together a routine.
    $$$$BIG MONEY BALLER CREW$$$$$

Lifetime reps..
    kenkong..n00bi3..Drew23

SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Incorporate CGBP (Close Grip Bench Press) into your routine, and prioritize shoulder pressing movements. That is all.
    Home Gym Crew
    AP4
    Pureblood

dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my diet can also be one of my problems, it is not horrible but i notice i tend to eat a bit sloppy on the weekends, my tricep workout consists of 3 sets skullcrushers at 4x10 and dips at 4x15also close grip bench at 3x8, my shoulder workout is simple, standing military presses and fron and side dumbell raises, any comments wouuld be appreciated, thanks.

hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000)

looks good

Originally Posted by dum_bell View Post
    my diet can also be one of my problems, it is not horrible but i notice i tend to eat a bit sloppy on the weekends, my tricep workout consists of 3 sets skullcrushers at 4x10 and dips at 4x15also close grip bench at 3x8, my shoulder workout is simple, standing military presses and fron and side dumbell raises, any comments wouuld be appreciated, thanks.
    One of the things that may also help is bulding up you opposingpart which is your back. THat is something that will make your chest look better by adding another demension also a smaller waste. Throughout the week your shoulders take a beating in most exercices thatis why I asked about your rest period. Most people who hit a platue thatis one of the factors I wont say overtraining but really lack of rest. Hope that helps.
    $$$$BIG MONEY BALLER CREW$$$$$

Lifetime reps..
    kenkong..n00bi3..Drew23

Originally Posted by hjayss View Post
    One of the things that may also help is bulding up you opposingpart which is your back. THat is something that will make your chest look better by adding another demension also a smaller waste. Throughout the week your shoulders take a beating in most exercices thatis why I asked about your rest period. Most people who hit a platue thatis one of the factors I wont say overtraining but really lack of rest. Hope that helps.
    i see where our going with the back buildup, that all makes sense including the rest periods, i'll take that into account.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It'll help, but it's not the best approach.

If you want to improve at bench, find ways to improve at it directly. Use different tools you have at your disposal, try new techniques and fight your way through to progression.

Here's an excellent article: http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....e=body_115b600.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.