Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

10th Anniversary of my first bodybuilding competition!

Hey everyone!

It's been a while since I created a thread here, but I wanted to celebrate this milestone in my life somehow. Today (Friday, November 18th, 2005) marks the 10th Anniversary of my very first bodybuilding competition. I competed in the men's lightweight Novice category in the 1995 Gainesville Bodybuilding Competition. I received 2nd place (out of 3 competitors) and thus began my adventures in competitive bodybuilding.

After dieting down for 12 weeks, on the day of the show I weighed 145 lbs. and was at 3% bodyfat. Scary stuff.

Here's a link to my progress picture directory and I'll post a picture from my first competition, and some pics from my other competitions (from 1997 through 2004):

http://www.skippypodar.net/Fitness/P...004/index.html

The purpose of this thread is to hopefully inspire some of you who are more muscular than I to have the courage to compete. Furthermore, those of you who are ectomorphs like I am, having the courage to step out on faith and believe in your ability to improve your physique (and possibly compete as I have).

For me, the experience of competing in a bodybuilding contest was one of the most emotionally and physically rewarding experiences I've ever had. Being a skinny kid, I never dreamt that I'd be able to compete in bodybuilding. Watching "Pumping Iron" when I was 9 years old, I thought, 'Man... wouldn't that be an awesome experience. If only I wasn't so danged skinny!'. Little did I know.

Here's a before/after picture constrasting how I looked at 16 with how I looked at 36:

http://www.skippypodar.net/WebGaller...er-84-04-a.jpg

Anyway, remember guys/gals... anything is possible if you put your mind to it. You don't have to be the perfect physical specimen, and not all of us can look like Arnold, but if you just take it one workout at a time, one meal at time and be consistent and disciplined, before you know it you'll have a physique that you can be proud of.

Be blessed, my friends! Thanks for being so supportive all these years!

http://www.skippypodar.net/Fitness/P...images/40b.jpg

- Skip "Psalms 139:14"
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Abdominator; 11-18-2005 at 06:39 AM.
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:14

http://fitness.podarco.com

Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Total inspiration guy. Skip, your advice to people here is great and your physique is a marvel. Enjoyed the collection of pictures. I had not seen the tight t shirt and skull cap shots....man you look so big in those pics...well all the pics...very photogentic as well (ya big ham ) Good luck to you on the next set of years.

adam005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adam005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adam005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adam005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adam005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adam005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adam005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adam005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adam005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adam005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adam005 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Looking good as always Skip!!! Congrats on your 10yr anniversary!
    6'-7" 268lbs
    Fat don't live here!!

mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey Skip congrats, you have done an amazing job. A true inspiration.

MBD
    You can, and need to find a ground that you know you are suppose to stand on.. hence, stand your ground, this is the place where you know everything is as it should be for you. If you stand in a place where you know in your heart things are wrong, most things around you will never be right.

Rule number one, never work at being what another man defines as being "honorable", Honorable is is being true to what you know and and doing what you know is right for you..

Nagalfar

Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Abdominator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Thanks guys. My next competition is in 2007. My goal is to have 10 bodybuilding trophies by my 40th birthday. Only 3 more trophies to go!

- Skip
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:14

ArturCzerniak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looking great!

RippedVanWinkle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedVanWinkle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedVanWinkle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedVanWinkle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedVanWinkle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedVanWinkle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedVanWinkle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedVanWinkle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedVanWinkle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedVanWinkle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedVanWinkle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are the man...truly motivation for me!
    Haterade....is it in you?

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Abdominator
    Thanks guys. My next competition is in 2007. My goal is to have 10 bodybuilding trophies by my 40th birthday. Only 3 more trophies to go!

- Skip
    Skip it has been an absolute honor having you as a good friend the past few years. I'm glad you have decided not to hang up the posing trunks yet. What show are you doing in 2007; maybe we'll have to see if I can make it down to compete with you. now if we can just convince mandy to let ted do one more show....

-Layne "the return of the trio of terror?????"

TonkaTaylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TonkaTaylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TonkaTaylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Dude, you look incredible. Very inspirational!

Congrats on the milestone, too!
    "Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them"
    – Albert Einstein

"We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee."
    – Marian Wright Edelman

Thumbs up

- Skip

mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500)
    wow skip! Ripped as always! i'm sure you'll get a lot more than than 10 by the time you're 40!

Do you want it bad enough cleanbulker33's Avatar
    cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

One of the most INSPIRING and MOTIVATING physique and attitude on these boards!!!!
    If you puke, then grab a spoon little man, cause those are calories in the toilet!!!!!

Camryn45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just have one question did you do it natural if you did im very impressed. also youre a big inspiration

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    skip is a natural bodybuilder Camryn45. On a side note... I see you are from evansville, my hometown.

RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RobDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Amazing man, absolutely amazing.

LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilManSI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats on sticking with it that long. Truly inspirational, as I can only hope to be doing it as long as you have.

gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gumbo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Awesome Abdominator

That accomplishment along with those great pics you add around here motivates and keeps it fun.

There is no finish line. Jimmy_magix's Avatar
    Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy_magix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very, very inspiring to the young and old(er) alike on the forums.

How are things coming along for the wedding?

William2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) William2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) William2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) William2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) William2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) William2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) William2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) William2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) William2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) William2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) William2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Looking great and keep up the great work.

firewalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firewalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firewalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firewalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firewalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firewalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firewalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firewalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Congrats on the 10 years skip

Thats awesome that your still going strong ,,,You are truely an inspiration to all of us thanks bro.........Keep up the good work.