mcpieps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcpieps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcpieps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcpieps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Favorite chest routines?

Im doggin on my chest routine. Its 3set flat, 3incline, 3decline, 10reps, dumb bell flys, and scoops. Its not working for me, what are routines are your favorite for chest and get good results? Thanks

Excited over change fromflabtofab's Avatar
    fromflabtofab will become famous soon enough. (+50) fromflabtofab will become famous soon enough. (+50) fromflabtofab will become famous soon enough. (+50) fromflabtofab will become famous soon enough. (+50) fromflabtofab will become famous soon enough. (+50) fromflabtofab will become famous soon enough. (+50) fromflabtofab will become famous soon enough. (+50) fromflabtofab will become famous soon enough. (+50) fromflabtofab will become famous soon enough. (+50) fromflabtofab will become famous soon enough. (+50) fromflabtofab will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    12 10 8 6
    Bench - Incline chest Press - Cable Flies - Decline chest press

gives you a little bit with DBs, BBs, and Cables. Works all the muscles types. I sometimes throw in the fly machine after the decline press. Keep weight low on decline chest press and burn off the muscles left on your chest.
    Chris

I want to be the one who says, "If I can do it, you can do it too!"

Heaviest weight = 350 in 2002
    January 1, 2008 = 275.6
    September 1, 2008 = 255
    October 1, 2008 = 250 OFFICAL 100 MARK!

Read my logs and comment and I'll send you reps. If you like what you read, rep me!
    Weightloss- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7103011
    My Hydroxycut- ^?t=6113691

Certified ACE and NESTA Trainer

Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edge118 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mcpieps View Post
    Im doggin on my chest routine. Its 3set flat, 3incline, 3decline, 10reps, dumb bell flys, and scoops. Its not working for me, what are routines are your favorite for chest and get good results? Thanks
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what are scoops?

I'll usually do Bench, Flys, and Cable Crossovers

ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Start with incline? Also if you're doing incline and decline I really don't see much need for flat. My current chest routine is probably my favorite...

CGBP
    Incline (DB or bar)
    Decline (DB or bar)
    Flies
    Various tricep exercises (irrelevant to this post)

Thats it, 3-6 sets for all cept for the flies, usually 2-3 for that. Might not be the best for chest mass but I already have enough of that (in proportion to my arms). Reading some of the posts on here has made me realize that flat bench kind of sucks, that might make me a parrot but at least I'm a parrot with healthy shoulders now.

thegreatestasc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegreatestasc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegreatestasc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegreatestasc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegreatestasc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegreatestasc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegreatestasc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegreatestasc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegreatestasc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegreatestasc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegreatestasc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    flat bench 5x3 of 305
    incline bench 5x3 275
    dips 50 total reps (each set to failure till i reach 50)

i had an injury so this is just till i get back into the flow and without a pre workout supplement(which are real good when u train like a beast)

m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    why 3 sets, and why 3 exerices, tradition? 10 reps? get away from that crap and do hit training. Do warmup sets in the incline bench, warmup sets in the fly . Then do one set to failure in the fly. Then one set to failure in the bench.

Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My last chest workout

pec deck fly: 1 X 16 X 260lbs superset with
    incline bb press: 1 X 8 X 325lbs

Before that I finished my last rotation with:

db fly: 1 X 8 X 120's superset with
    flat bb press: 1 X 5 X 405lbs

I stick with each routine for 3 cycles then switch.
    I eat to failure.

mcpieps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcpieps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcpieps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcpieps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks, im gonna try hit

Highpsi134 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    - Free weight incline dumb bells " 3 sets of 10 "
    - Free weight flat bench dumb bells " 3 sets of 10 "
    - Standard Bench " 3 sets of 10 "
    - Machine chest " 3 sets of 10 "
    - Cables " 3 sets of 10 rather light weight "

m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    nice workout awnold, awful workout highpsi, 3 set of 10, get away from tradition dude

Registered User BillabongVolcom's Avatar
    BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Last Chest Routine

Low Incline Bench 2 x 6-8
    High Incline Bench 2 x 6-8
    Weighted Dips 2 x 8-10
    I had all the normal teenage fantasies..cars, girls, money, blow. Then my parents left for a week, and all my fantasies came true!

im goin to start awnolds, but i feal like a sh!t, whats a pec dec fly, is it just a incline db fly?

Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Awnold79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mcpieps View Post
    im goin to start awnolds, but i feal like a sh!t, whats a pec dec fly, is it just a incline db fly?
    The pec dec is a machine in which you sit in and using either the handles or arms pads (machines vary) you bring your arms together in front of you, isolating the pecs. It's similar to a db fly movement.
    I eat to failure.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    3x10's have built a ****load of big chests

his mistake is that at 17 he doesnt need flat, incline AND declines plus other stuff....thats just way too much

why would a 17 year old do what is essentially Ronnie Colemans exact workout????

btw, Ronnie uses multiple sets of 12 reps
    "Humility comes before honor"

BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    3x10's have built a ****load of big chests

his mistake is that at 17 he doesnt need flat, incline AND declines plus other stuff....thats just way too much

why would a 17 year old do what is essentially Ronnie Colemans exact workout????

btw, Ronnie uses multiple sets of 12 reps
    Very true. Higher reps 10-15 have built huge everything (all body-parts basically). Ronnie lifts alot in the 12-15 reps during his bb'ing days. Usually 3-4 x 12-15 reps. But, Ronnie lifted 6 days a week hitting each body-part twice. Very similar to Arnold. You could take their routines and cut half of the volume, instead of hitting everything twice a week only hit it once.

I never do Decline bench, I don't think you need it. Flat, Incline and Dips are my 3 favorite Chest exercises.
    I had all the normal teenage fantasies..cars, girls, money, blow. Then my parents left for a week, and all my fantasies came true!

tarnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tarnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    alot of you are saying to get away from the 3x10 what should i do ?

DB flat bench ?x?
    DB incline bench ?x?
    cable cross overs ?x?
    flat flys ?x?
    Its not how much you lift , But how you lift .......

sorry for askin ****ny questions, awnold do i do both on the same day, or one on monday, and the other tuesday, i used to have the chest triathalon workout and that used to ba half of my old one, i know my old won was overworking, but let me know if you have anymore patiencewith my stupid questions, thanks

Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I guess I am also a bit of a traditionalist;

After a couple warm-up sets
    Incline or flat bench; 4 x 12-10-8-6
    Incline DB press 4 x 12-10-8-6
    Incline flyes 4 x 12-10-8-6

I increase weight after every set and finish off with either three sets of decline push-ups or seated chest presses to fail. As you can see I am targeting my upper chest. I alternate flat/incline bench weekly and work my chest only once a week.

Gains thus far have been quite good. I seem to respond to this method well.
    Semper Fidelis

I prefer Incline Bench or Flat Bench.

BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    3x10 are definitely good. But for some of us with not as good genes, lower reps on the bigger exercises produces mass faster. For example my chest workout split between two workouts with shoulders/tri is

DB Bench 4x6
    Inclined Bench 3x8
    Cable Crossovers 4x10

So I personally found higher reps work faster for me. But for the big one, DB bench, I go around 4x6 as it helps build mass.

fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BOLT. View Post
    3x10 are definitely good. But for some of us with not as good genes, lower reps on the bigger exercises produces mass faster. For example my chest workout split between two workouts with shoulders/tri is

DB Bench 4x6
    Inclined Bench 3x8
    Cable Crossovers 4x10

So I personally found higher reps work faster for me. But for the big one, DB bench, I go around 4x6 as it helps build mass.
    This is what i've been doing for about 5 weeks or so, I feel i'm getting stronger, but not so much size. What would you recommend, drop a set off the top 2 exercises and lower the reps to 6? I do skulls and close grip bench afterwards...but thats probably irrelevant

flat bench 5x8
    inc db bench 5x8
    db flies 3x8
    pain of discipline >> pain of disapointment