Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    msiegfr900 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I've gotten so fat I look pregnant....

I need some help. I am coming to you folks because I truely believe most of you know what you are doing and talking about.

I am 47 y.o. and now have a gut that makes me look like I am pregnant. I CANT STAND IT ANYMORE!!! And on top of it I am going to go visit friends in Mexico the 2nd week in March, I would love to loose most of it by then.

I would like to hear from you to let me know what supplements, drugs, whatever, you might suggest. Before anyone says it, I know cardio must be part of it and that is a given.

Be nice in your replies guys, I am a newbie and want to learn.

Thanks in adavance
    Mark

jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jude-o has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well, there are some stimulant type 'fat burners' that can help a little, but the only highly effective weight-loss drugs I know of fall into the categories of 'dangerous' and/or 'illegal.'

So...drugs/supplements probably aren't much (if any) of the answer here. If particularly effective fat loss came in a pill, Americans wouldn't be so fat. :-)

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Number one would be change your diet. Just your description of yourself tells me you can't be eating, or drinking, healthy.
    Take a few minutes to list, then post, your typical eating day. Include all snacks, drinks, etc. not just the main meals.
    And tell us more about your lifestyle. You may be able to make some changes that will help burn calories in addition to the cardio and weight training you are going to. (And you will need to do if you want to lose that fat, pregnant gut in 3 months!)

I'll leave specifics of diet and cardio to others who have won the "battle of the belly bulge" as I tend to be more of a hardgainer.

Good luck. It's gonna take work to lose that fat gut. Just remember that it's not your friend so be tough on yourself. The rewards will be worth it.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it can be done,
    You will have to focus on diet and building lean muscle mass.
    This dont mean you have to look huge or anything but you can make pretty good gains in 10 weeks.
    I have been told that 2 pounds per week is the safe range to lose in but from my experience when you first start losing more comes off in the first month or so, which creates a false expectation that it will continue like that.

So if you just lose 2 pounds per week over the next 10 weeks then your 20 pounds lighter and probably more tone to boot. this is of course if your diet and excercise is on track.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by msiegfr900 View Post
    I need some help. I am coming to you folks because I truely believe most of you know what you are doing and talking about.

I am 47 y.o. and now have a gut that makes me look like I am pregnant. I CANT STAND IT ANYMORE!!! And on top of it I am going to go visit friends in Mexico the 2nd week in March, I would love to loose most of it by then.

I would like to hear from you to let me know what supplements, drugs, whatever, you might suggest. Before anyone says it, I know cardio must be part of it and that is a given.

Thanks in adavance
    Mark

Your diet is banged up more than likely. Clean up the diet. There are countless articles on this web site, take a look. Work out consistenty.

Also, FYI, don't waste your money on fat burners. From where you are, you don't need a thermo to loose weight. You just need good eating habbits and a gym membership.

Good luck!
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3900355/

Guinness World Record 11/6/08 - Most total pounds Squat Lifted in 24 hours, 101,412 lbs. Officially certified on 1/29/09. It is listed in the 2010 Guinness Book of Records: Book of the Decade Page 89. Released on September 15, 2009.

Thoughts Become Things --Mike Dooley

I want legs like Mr. Someday

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jude-o View Post
    but the only highly effective weight-loss drugs I know of fall into the categories of 'dangerous' and/or 'illegal.'
    And, to put how important diet is, even the illegal effective ones are pointless without first making permanent lifestyle and dietary changes.

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by BergMuscle View Post
    Number one would be change your diet. Just your description of yourself tells me you can't be eating, or drinking, healthy.
    Take a few minutes to list, then post, your typical eating day. Include all snacks, drinks, etc. not just the main meals.
    And tell us more about your lifestyle. You may be able to make some changes that will help burn calories in addition to the cardio and weight training you are going to. (And you will need to do if you want to lose that fat, pregnant gut in 3 months!)

I'll leave specifics of diet and cardio to others who have won the "battle of the belly bulge" as I tend to be more of a hardgainer.

Good luck. It's gonna take work to lose that fat gut. Just remember that it's not your friend so be tough on yourself. The rewards will be worth it.

Yes, really can't help much without knowing this info.
    Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kmachate View Post
    Ftw... Beat me to it!

Plenty of time to make reasonable progress by March. Each challenge (as opposed to Challenge) is 12 weeks.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

Hey everyone thanks...

for your quick responses.
    I realize my diet is probably (and most likely) out of wack and I am totally willing to change that!!!!

There are so many diets out there to look at does anyone have a recomendation(s)? So far Body for Life has been mentioned. I have always been told that, that particular diet was just for the supplement sales. Anyone have any true thoughts on the diet? Does it really work? Using the supplements or not?

I am open to hearing more on diet plans. As I said I am a novice and trying to learn as much as I can, as I hope to get started Jan 1, 08.

I just want to suck in as much information as I can and do the best I can do!

Mark

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

for your quick responses.
    I realize my diet is probably (and most likely) out of wack and I am totally willing to change that!!!!

There are so many diets out there to look at does anyone have a recomendation(s)? So far Body for Life has been mentioned. I have always been told that, that particular diet was just for the supplement sales. Anyone have any true thoughts on the diet? Does it really work? Using the supplements or not?

I am open to hearing more on diet plans. As I said I am a novice and trying to learn as much as I can, as I hope to get started Jan 1, 08.

I just want to suck in as much information as I can and do the best I can do!

Mark

Still can't help.

Good luck man!
    Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

typical day of eating/drinks

I usually have an egg beater omlete with fresh veggies, and of course coffee.
    No Snacks till lunch time. Then whatever I can find in the company cafe or maybe a 6 inch subway ham with lettuce tomato, salt pepper and a diet drink.
    Then dinner will be steak or chicken and a couple cocktails before and after dinner.

There you have guys my typical day of eating

kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000) kmachate is just really nice. (+1000)
    BFL is about portion control, exercise, LOR and.. FREE DAY

yes, the contest is put on by EAS, but you don't have to take any suppliments in order to do the program. Of course they are going to suggest that you do, but it isn't required. (Unless you enter teh contest, then you only need to buy one thing..could be a single protein bar..and even then you don't have to provide a reciept.)

I went from 183 and 27%bf to 159 and 10% in 12 weeks. The only supplimentation I did was with protein to make sure I got enough.

Guinness World Record 11/6/08 - Most total pounds Squat Lifted in 24 hours, 101,412 lbs. Officially certified on 1/29/09. It is listed in the 2010 Guinness Book of Records: Book of the Decade Page 89. Released on September 15, 2009.

Channel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Channel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Channel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Channel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Channel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Channel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Channel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Channel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Channel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Channel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Channel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Picture?
    Chicks dig guys with high reps!

britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cool

You say that you are 47 but your bodyspace info says 49! Aside from that you are in the right hands here and as its still xmas i am going to spill a little secret that helped me shed 115lbs. Before doing cardio i would drink the juice of a fresh lemon with sparkling water [ equal amounts ] and the juice of a fresh lime with sparkling water straight after. Others can poo poo that all they want but it worked for me - coupled with a good diet.
    Within the realms of reason - nothing is impossible.
    IMMORTALITY IS A STATE OF MIND
    Like the Mighty Welsh Dragon that fortifies my blood - SURRENDER IS NOT AN OPTION.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So far Body for Life has been mentioned. I have always been told that, that particular diet was just for the supplement sales. Anyone have any true thoughts on the diet? Does it really work? Using the supplements or not?
    Yes, it does work if you set your goals and stick to them. What you've heard is either anti-BFL or just plain uninformed. There is absolutely no need to use any supplements following BFL. In fact you don't even need to buy the book. The diet and exercise routines are laid out on the website, which is free. No membership.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50)

hi

I have my abs workout video on my page if you want some tips. I also promote clean eating. I am 39, mom of 4 and I got my abs back. A sagging belly with moderate bodyfat is a sign of loose muscle, it's fixable!!
    " I don't want to BE Barbie...I want to BENCHPRESS her"
    http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=100000396116976&ref=profile
    www.gasparinutrition.com (supps)
    www.fern@gasparinutrition.com (company email)

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thanks in adavance
    Mark
    Your expectations are not reasonable and it is highly (99%) unlikely that you are going to get "in shape" in 10 weeks, especially if you are new to this (" a newbie").

If your gut looks pregnant, it is definitely not going to become a six pack or anywhere near in 10 weeks. I'm an experienced bodybuilder with a very fast metabolism and at 14% bodyfat, it will take me about that long to get a six pack.

This is a long term project that will take at best months and possibly years (1-2) to accomplish and will require a total change in your lifestyle. It is going to be very hard for you to make this 180 degree change overnight. Its the same as asking one of us "fitness freaks" to totally change to a potato chips and hot dog diet with no exercise and spending 4 hours a night sitting on our butts watching TV instead of exercising. See what I mean?

This is going to require a total commitment which means changing eating habits, keeping diet and exercise logs, exercising regularly with both weights and cardio on a schedule NO MATTER WHAT NO EXCUSES, spending hours each week preparing your meals and learning to say "No" if other things are going to interfere with your training. It is not a "New Years Resolution". The failure/drop out rate is very high as most people see that is an extremely difficult undertaking. How much do you want it?
    Last edited by egoatdoor; 12-27-2007 at 10:26 AM.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

Originally Posted by egoatdoor View Post
    Your expectations are not reasonable and it is highly (99%) unlikely that you are going to get "in shape" in 10 weeks, especially if you are new to this (" a newbie").

If your gut looks pregnant, it is definitely not going to become a six pack or anywhere near in 10 weeks. I'm an experienced bodybuilder with a very fast metabolism and at 14% bodyfat, it will take me about that long to get a six pack.

This is a long term project that will take at best months and possibly years (1-2) to accomplish and will require a total change in your lifestyle. It is going to be very hard for you to make this 180 degree change overnight. Its the same as asking one of us "fitness freaks" to totally change to a potato chips and hot dog diet with no exercise and spending 4 hours a night sitting on our butts watching TV instead of exercising. See what I mean?

This is going to require a total commitment which means changing eating habits, keeping diet and exercise logs, exercising regularly with both weights and cardio on a schedule NO MATTER WHAT NO EXCUSES, spending hours each week preparing your meals and learning to say "No" if other things are going to interfere with your training. It is not a "New Years Resolution". The failure/drop out rate is very high as most people see that is an extremely difficult undertaking. How much do you want it?
    Thanks for your reply.
    I never mentioned that I wanted a six pac (tho it would be nice eventually). I am just trying to get into better shape and loose the gut as much as I can before I go to visit my friends.
    I am not choosing Jan 1, 08 because of new Years, but it just seems Like the time to start and allows me to gather the information I feel I need to get started.

I am preparing to do this in this way to be able to do exactly as you mentioned, ie. preparing meals, preparing my schedule, etc..

So if you happen to have anymore positive feed back I am ready to listen.

thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    DIET fitday.com

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I usually have an egg beater omlete with fresh veggies, and of course coffee.
    No Snacks till lunch time. Then whatever I can find in the company cafe or maybe a 6 inch subway ham with lettuce tomato, salt pepper and a diet drink.
    Then dinner will be steak or chicken and a couple cocktails before and after dinner.

There you have guys my typical day of eating
    Seriously look at eating smaller meals with healthy snacks in between. Once you are training, heck even now, a better diet would have you eating six small "feedings" per day, high in protein (20-30 grams) and low in everything else.
    And say goodbye to those cocktails, especially between now and March if you want to shed the pregnant belly. Alcohol is very high in calories.

That's my diet $0.02.

dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    WTF? Training for life and other stuff!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=477872611

OTC PCT Guide
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108385101

PH/DS Research? Start Here!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109153431

+++ Mirror Whore Coalition +++

Do what you always did, Get what you always got...

Do or do not, there is no try...

Owe:

xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMichaelx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Most important thing to keep in mind -- you can't think of getting in shape as a temporary thing; it's a lifestyle change. You've set a good short-term goal (although it could be more specific), but don't stop there, or you'll go right back to your bad habits after your trip in March.

Set some long term goals as well.

One comment on your diet: cut out the bread. Subway has wraps (which are still somewhat high in calories, but better that what you're having now) -- have them instead of a sub.

Your best bet, though, would be to start cooking all your own meals and packing your lunches instead of relying on the company cafe. Not only will you have MUCH more control over what you eat and be able to eat cleaner, but you'll save a small fortune, which you can then spend on your trip!

Good luck (and post pics so we can see your progress)!

blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dmangiarelli View Post
    I agree, great information there... That was the info that changed my life...

Peace...
    God is always with me and I'll never give up...

Registered User AnaerobicAndrew's Avatar
    AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000)
    Look around for some books on fat loss specific training for your demograph and read up. And I mean really read up... also considering getting a trainer (to stay motivated and bring some more accountability into the training) and a nutritionist. Money spent on a good trainer and/or nutritionist is always money well spent because youre making a real investment in yourself by bettering your lifestyle and self image.
    "Swim 2.4 miles. Bike 112 miles. Run 26.2 miles. BRAG for the rest of your life." IRONMAN TRIATHLON

Es gibt keinen anderen Teufel als den wir in unserem eigenen Herzen haben.

Originally Posted by Channel1 View Post
    Picture?
    If you insist.. I do my best to not post this, because it's SO bad..

I think images are temporarily disabled.. SO here's a link..

Before:

http://www.bodyforlife-tracker.com/p...18658C1W0F.JPG

12 weeks later:

http://www.bodyforlife-tracker.com/p...8658C1W12F.JPG

Originally Posted by egoatdoor View Post
    Don't take this personally, but if that's the case, then you're doing something wrong. If you're on the right program and cutting for a show, you can lose about 1% per week. I've seen it happen.

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kmachate View Post
    Don't take this personally, but if that's the case, then you're doing something wrong. If you're on the right program and cutting for a show, you can lose about 1% per week. I've seen it happen.

Yes, but for a natural bodybuilder, slower is often better. Ask Ron Harris and Layne Norton. I've done faster in the past and it turned out I was ripped, but I also burned muscle, so the look was "stringy" and "flat". Last year, I went slower, added two weeks and kept up heavy DC Training right to the end and ended up with a new gain on 3 pounds of muscle and looked much bigger and thicker with better conditioning.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

That's definitely true. It IS possible, though. That was my point

I'm actually losing too fast right now (16lbs in 6 weeks) so I'm trying to keep that in check so I don't lose any (more) lean mass.

I'd just rather not lose the muscle in the first place, or as little little little as possible. I'm starting again next week with an added two weeks, some minor diet tweaks and stepping up the cardio a little sooner.