struggling with diet Geoff Richards's Avatar
    Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000)

Bodyhard,Mr Someday,John Gargani and the like

Not bein rude,all replies welcome,just kinda remembering the 'big' guys out there.
    Is it possible to add mass with only a 2 day workout per week ?
    *Compare yourself to yourself. Everyday become a stronger version of yourself.*

dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wow! Maybe with two full body workouts per week. I would think you'd need to include the big three and a lot of free weights in there ... Good luck!
    WTF? Training for life and other stuff!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=477872611

OTC PCT Guide
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108385101

PH/DS Research? Start Here!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109153431

+++ Mirror Whore Coalition +++

Do what you always did, Get what you always got...

Do or do not, there is no try...

Owe:

OneO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OneO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OneO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OneO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OneO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OneO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OneO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OneO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OneO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OneO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OneO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    deads , bench , press , squat ( compound lifts ) . Two days a week is gonna be pretty hard to gain mass IMHO, but alot depends on your diet and body type .

post your intended 2 day a week rotation , your body type, and proposed diet . your over-all long term and short term goals ,and starting body stats
    MISC animal rescue League
    www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3]The Animal Rescue Site

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Geoff Richards View Post
    Not bein rude,all replies welcome,just kinda remembering the 'big' guys out there.
    Yes it is, if you add, what I consider the 5 basic compound movements, Squats, Deadlifts, Bent Over Rows, Mil Press, Bench press.

Hit it hard, heavy and with true intensity I can not see why you can not add mass. Now will you have a "complete" look, no but you will definitely add mass.

Just keep in mind that diet is a BIG part of this as well as sleep.
    On the list for Bannukah

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I sure wish I was really one of the "big" guys! LOL....

I agree wholeheartedly with what Bodyhard said: what you will be doing , in a sense, is an old fashioned bulking program: it certainly works, however, you must be eating a ton, as the high level of eating in that kind of program is also anabolic....

as such, you WILL gain mass, and you WILL gain a bunch of fat along with lean, if you can live with that.......

but it should only include the big basic movements and they have to be as heavy as possible......

oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post

I agree wholeheartedly with what Bodyhard said: what you will be doing , in a sense, is an old fashioned bulking program: it certainly works, however, you must be eating a ton, as the high level of eating in that kind of program is also anabolic....

as such, you WILL gain mass, and you WILL gain a bunch of fat along with lean, if you can live with that.......

but it should only include the big basic movements and they have to be as heavy as possible......
    Ya........ but YUCK! ed
    CHECK OUT MY INTERVIEW WITH "SIMPLYSHREDDED"
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/ed-cook-interview.html

2009 Bodyspace Member of The Year!

http://www.********.com/group.php?gid=180967149598&v=info#/event.php?eid=264800703001&ref=nf

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post

The fat part really depends on his metabolism as I am sure if I were to do a two day split with all compound movements I would probably maintain my size but I would definitely not get fat.

But if you have a slow metabolism and you start eating big to get big expect some fat to come along with the added mass, but if you have a fast metabolism I wouldn't worry about gaining fat, more so worry about maintaining/gaining the mass.
    On the list for Bannukah

Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not necessarily a big guy but Iron Addict has some two day workouts that you may want to check out.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3371051

He has a few more on his website.
    http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/

Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A 5x5 routine 2x/week for each bodypart - 1 exercise per b/p - and lots of lean food (and I don't mean cutlets!) should reap benefits.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    A 5x5 routine 2x/week for each bodypart - 1 exercise per b/p - and lots of lean food (and I don't mean cutlets!) should reap benefits.
    And be sure to include Whiskeyjack in your list of the 'big' guys out there for cryin' out loud!
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    And be sure to include Whiskeyjack in your list of the 'big' guys out there for cryin' out loud!
    very true......I bet there are many more as well
    big forum...lotsa names......what can I say ?

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by OneO View Post
    deads , bench , press , squat ( compound lifts ) . Two days a week is gonna be pretty hard to gain mass IMHO, but alot depends on your diet and body type .

post your intended 2 day a week rotation , your body type, and proposed diet . your over-all long term and short term goals ,and starting body stats
    no idea at this stage,hence the question regarding if I can
    still learning what it is Im trying to achieve.........body type I know that
    there are certain 'morphs' I have no idea what they are.......guess I would be lazymorph

Im trying hard now to work out my diet via fitday ( im struggling)

short term goal is to lose the fat Im carrying
    long term to stay lean and build muscle mass

5'10 83kg 20% bf

thanks for the reply questions coz now I got some answers to go looking for
    which = learning

Originally Posted by Fit_Focus View Post
    Not necessarily a big guy but Iron Addict has some two day workouts that you may want to check out.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3371051

He has a few more on his website.
    http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/
    thank you
    good link,lots of info

Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Can a use to be big guy chime in here?? I have done about every bodybuilding, olympic lifting, and power lifting paradigm out there since since about 1952. I read Iron Addict link and he is all over the place. He safely covered all the bases. To get to the question...I agree with the "yes" replies. I also agree that diet is key here. Old Baldie would throw in one more regimine into the two dayer (from Hercules himself, Steve Reeves).....everyone has a half hour every day either in the AM or PM where you can grab two 8 Lb. dumbells and walk briskly and do a wind sprint here and there for 15 min. from your front door and return. With the dumbells, hold them at all times no lower than your waist, do faux boxing jabs, kick backs, curls, presses and side delts along the way. This will burn the xtra fat accumulated on the two dayer. Oh, and I also agree that the basics must be hit during the two days, squats, bench, rowing, presses, etc. Gotta be done heavy heavy after a warm up. 5x5, GVT, all good.

Now, back to my six dayer.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Geoff: it is hard to add mass while you are dieting, period, no matter what method you use......

so I suggest that you continue to work on the diet until you have reached your target weight/body composition, and then, at that point, when you are ready to gain "mass" again, tailor both the diet and training method concurrently.

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm flattered to be named one of the big guys in here, but I honestly can't answer your question as I've never tried that method. I can tell you that I can grow off of 4 very intense, very heavy days per week and 3 rest days.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If it's a full body routine, it might work. After all, on a 3-4-5 day split you're really working a body part once a week. Granted, you're working that body part harder in one session, but to do a full body routine twice (preferably 3x/week) just might work.

Just one example:
    http://www.musclenet.com/fullbody.htm

Google search for full body workout
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    After all, on a 3-4-5 day split you're really working a body part once a week. Granted, you're working that body part harder in one session, but to do a full body routine twice (preferably 3x/week) just might work.
    Question ( I am not a Big Guy so I am asking, not answering) - when you work one muscle group at the time yes you work it once a week. But I thought the reason for splitting was to maximise blood flow to affected muscle and induce growth. If you work a few large muscle groups, like in lower body/upper body split I have been told there is simply not enough blood in your system. I also believe "the pump" or swelling of muscle with elevated blood inflow cause physical stretching of muscle cell and that in a turn induce growth as well.

I am thinking - with two days a week I am sure it would have worked for me a few years ago when I was frech off the couch. Ask Whiskeyjack od BH or Gargani (all Big Guys) - would they themselves go with 2 days a week routine and listen to "why they wouldn't" reasoning.
    Last edited by weiss1967; 12-28-2007 at 11:14 AM.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    Question ( I am not a Big Guy so I am asking, not answering) -
    Heh heh I am not a "big guy" either, but I threw in my 2 cents.

I don't know about the not enough blood theory... never heard that. My reasoning for a split is really mental... I get mentally burned out and distracted by trying to do too many body parts in one session. I would rather focus on one or two groups (e.g. chest & tris; back & bis; legs; shoulders & tris) and do as much as I can for them.

I've tried the upper/lower split and full body routines, but found that I have to limit the number of exercises I do in each case, to no more than two. In fact most full body routines I've seen show two exercises per body part. But you have to hit them hard and know you worked out.

Now, even though I personally can't do them, a lot of people swear by them and have gotten good results. That's really why I recommended it. Just passing along more info, that it might work. Like anything else, it comes down to experimentation.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000)

The "Mrs. Whiskeyjack" Routine

Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    Ask Whiskeyjack od BH or Gargani (all Big Guys) - would they themselves go with 2 days a week routine and listen to "why they wouldn't" reasoning.
    Thanks Weiss - I'm not really a big guy but am honoured by the references. I PMd the OP on some ideas for a 5X5 sort of routine using the combo exercises only with an accent on intensity, and this should yield him some results.

But I am personally divided on training so infrequently. I've had to do it in both the distant and recent past because of periodic work demands and have found innovative ways to do "a little of a lot" (which I did not pass on to the OP because it would be too long a PM, but if he's interested I will). But this is only because of work. If not for that, I'd choose to do more and typically do.

My ideal would be 4X/week single split and that worked well in my mass and competing days but lately I find that I can't really recover well enough from that much frequency; plus time is still tight work-wise and will be for about the next 6 months. So I rather reluctantly go 3X/week now.

I can think of 2 ways to do this: your typical 3-5X5 combo all-body workout on Mon-Wed-Fri, or the "Mrs. Whiskeyjack" routine. I call it that because she came up with it when she heard me moaning and dripping about DOMS every workout and about my time issues.

This routine, which I now follow, takes the best of both worlds - relative volume akin to half of a 4X/week split (Saturday and Sunday) and an all-body heavy day on Wednesdays. It gives me a little taste of everything without too much of anything. Maybe it wouldn't have been good enough years ago but it is now.

The 2X/week thing I would only advocate if you're absolutely out of time; you absolutely can't find the time to train more often. As I say I appreciate that and have periods of doing it, but I wouldn't go for it as my main routine, no.
    Last edited by Whiskeyjack; 12-28-2007 at 01:13 PM.

The only reason I myself would not do a two day routine is I don't think I can get the full "look" that I alway go for. You see I also throw in alot of isolation movements for small muscle groups like, bent over lateral raises, flys, concentration curls, so many to name. I also have to hit my back in every different angle, with pull-ups, lat pull downs, one arm rows, machine rows, etc etc. I am more into bodybuilding than anything else and there is no way I could do that on a two day routine.

However when I am looking to add mass I could see myself doing a two day routine as I have done it in the past as well.

Here is a routine I have done on two days, strictly for mass.

Monday
    Squats 5 sets rep range 8-15 extremely heavy
    Flat Bench 5 sets rep range 6-8 heavy
    BB Bent Over rows 5 sets rep range 6-10 heavy
    Weighted pull ups 5 sets rep range 6-8 heavy

Thursday
    Deadlifts/rack pulls 10 sets rep range 1-5 several singles extremely extremely heavy
    BB standing Military Push Press 5 sets rep range 6-8 heavy
    BB Curls 5 sets rep range 8-12 heavy
    Close Grip bench 5 sets rep range 4-6 heavy
    On the list for Bannukah

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    The only reason I myself would not do a two day routine is I don't think I can get the full "look" that I alway go for. You see I also throw in alot of isolation movements for small muscle groups like, bent over lateral raises, flys, concentration curls, so many to name. I also have to hit my back in every different angle, with pull-ups, lat pull downs, one arm rows, machine rows, etc etc. I am more into bodybuilding than anything else and there is no way I could do that on a two day routine.

However when I am looking to add mass I could see myself doing a two day routine as I have done it in the past as well.

Monday

Thursday
    Deadlifts/rack pulls 10 sets rep range 1-5 several singles extremely extremely heavy
    I am not mentionaed a s a big guy. But i am a very strong guy for my weight.

Anyway I totally agree with this post. In my early 20's I had to do full body workouts because of time and i could do them. A few weeks ago I tried it and man by the time i was 3/4 through i was verry sick to my stomach and man I was spent. Actually i threw up in the bathroom at the gym. I guess what I am saying FOR ME ANYWAY now that I am older i can NOT do the full body thing anymore.

This was a post on my blog that day...

First time I did it and puked
    November 10, 2007
    The next three days are dead as far as training with weights due to uncontrollable circumstances. I hit the gym today thinking I would try to do a full upper body workout in this order: Chest, Back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps and traps. I did two excercises per body part 3 sets each excercise. On my first set of traps I started to get lightheaded then on the second set I felt sick and ran to the bathroom. As soon as I got there here it came. It was a close call to get to the bathroom but dam after I feel like I really accomplished something? I will NEVER do it again but DAM in a really weird way it was really good.

This makes me think, when new members come to my gym and the "personal trainer" there puts them through a workout it is always a full body one. Maybe thats why I never see them come back?
    Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post

Monday

Thursday
    This is very similar to the one I sent the OP.

Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    This is very similar to the one I sent the OP.
    kool
    On the list for Bannukah

yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000)

Lab Work

Get LAB work done. Then you can add mass with the heavy lifting routines mentioned. Otherwise you are going to be frustrated if your test levels are low. Genetics + Heavy Weights + Rest = Mass
    Lion or Sheep. It's your Choice.
    Life is short but it is W I D E.
    Life draws without an eraser.

thank you very much to all who have contributed,every post has been read and re-read.
    After reading and taking all things into consideration it finally dawned on me that I was not serious enough about my 'want' and I originally forgot all about the weekends.
    I do have the opportunity to train 4 days a week although those days are Mon,Fri,Sat,Sun and I would prefer to use the compound movements at this stage
    so I can concentrate on what Im doing easier rather than trying to hit all muscles in all different ways as I feel that would be better when I have more knowledge and can structure a workout to suit
    Opinions please

<quote> From John Gargani

Geoff: it is hard to add mass while you are dieting, period, no matter what method you use......

so I suggest that you continue to work on the diet until you have reached your target weight/body composition, and then, at that point, when you are ready to gain "mass" again, tailor both the diet and training method concurrently.

</quote>

Probably the smartest idea considering my needs

I apologise if I have led anyone astray with what it is I want to do as I really dont have a clue.

I feel like the young bull who raced up to the old bull and said "hey,the farmer left the gate open to the cows paddock,lets run down and screw one of them.....the old bull said "why dont we walk down there and screw the lot of them"

So many ways and advise here from the 'old bulls'
    Thanks again to all

ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Someday View Post
    I'm flattered to be named one of the big guys in here, but I honestly can't answer your question as I've never tried that method. I can tell you that I can grow off of 4 very intense, very heavy days per week and 3 rest days.
    BUMP TO THIS