dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Swinging Pullups

Yesterday was my back day and I was doing pull ups. I am starting to get into pull ups and I am trying to build my endurance when doing them but that is a different story.

When I was doing them yesterday I kept swinging back and forth and it was very annoying and it was throwing me off.

Does anyone have any tips on how to stop the swinging?

any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    dj
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained..."

iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    move slower when pulling up and letting down. this should help give u more out of pullups too.
    Dead as dead can be......my doctor tells me

LifeLongLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeLongLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeLongLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeLongLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeLongLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeLongLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeLongLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifeLongLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can have someone hold your legs or you can simply go slower, which will allow you to control your body better. If you really start to swing a lot, that usually means your gong to fast anyway.

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You might have to do some torso stability work; for abs, hanging leg raises are situation-specific and hyperextensions will help stabilize the torso as well. Also, I find that bending your legs and crossing the ankles cuts down on some of the swaying.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All of the above
    I don't know either lol

strongnripped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tighten your abs and squeeze the bar tight when your pulling up, and dont drop down but lower down, you wont be able to do as much, but you wont be cheating yourself by using momentum

bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bending your legs and crossing your ankles like rockhuddy said works great for me too.
    "I Support Same Sex Marriage......As Long As Both Chicks Are Hot"

"What Idiot Put The Letter "S" In "Lisp"?

Supplements Used:
    Whey
    Micronized Creatine
    Multi Vitamin/Mineral
    Co-Q10
    Coral Calcium
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin E
    Magnesium
    Zinc
    Glucosamine/MSM/Chondroitin
    Melatonin

RichyF84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichyF84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the same problem, too much swinging momentum, what worked for me was actually keeping my legs and back straight from beginning to end.

18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100)

Arrow

DJ, if you're swinging around alot just try and slow the tempo down especially on the descent (where you will swing around like mad). Also if you do weighted pullups you swing alot less. Hope this helps!

thesixtwo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thesixtwo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thesixtwo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thesixtwo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thesixtwo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thesixtwo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thesixtwo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thesixtwo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thesixtwo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thesixtwo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thesixtwo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

try what i do...

when you are holding onto the bar, have something under oyur feet so that when you are totally stretch out, your toes touch the surface, when oyu go up and back down, gently touch your toes to the ground, just enough to restabilize yourself. and if you don't need to, slightly bend your knees so that your toes won't touch the ground
    Don't worry about my rep power, it was once very high, I broke a rule in these threads and questioned a few others. But no worries, It has nothing to do with the advise i'm giving, so i'd appreciate it if you'd add to my rep power if you agree to or like my advise

Pain is only temporary, the glory of reaching your goals lasts forever!

18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100) 18inch_GUNZ is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by thesixtwo
    when you are holding onto the bar, have something under oyur feet so that when you are totally stretch out, your toes touch the surface, when oyu go up and back down, gently touch your toes to the ground, just enough to restabilize yourself. and if you don't need to, slightly bend your knees so that your toes won't touch the ground
    great idea the62..reps

dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dirty-jersey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

thanks

Thank you everyone for the great advice it is greatly apprecaited.
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained..."

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Slow negatives-go for those negatives. Do your negatives.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    slower negative, less weight (if you're doing them weighted). if you just started them you may be swinging because it's a new movement that body is unaccomustomed to.
    <->