dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Squat strength out of the hole

what's helped to boost your strength out of the hole?

I currently do paused box squats off a 12" box with a wide stance for 1-2 reps but it has gotten stale

babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dirtpool View Post

I currently do paused box squats off a 12" box with a wide stance for 1-2 reps but it has gotten stale
    kneeling squats
    Goodmornings
    Pause squats
    Deep squats
    Bottom up squats

Realy anything that hits glutes hard or has you going through that range of motion.

Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Top Ten Squat Tips
    By Chris ?Ox? Mason
    For www.EliteFTS.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Proper Start
    When unracking the bar, make sure that your head is up, your chest is up and your stomach is filled with air. Too many times lifters start screaming and grunting and lose I.A.P. This will make you lose tightness in the squat and start you off on the wrong track. This doesn?t mean that you can?t be intense, just learn how to channel it correctly.

Create a Shelf
    Try to touch elbows together behind your back during the squat and especially when putting the bar on your back. This keeps your "shelf" tight and creates a large amount of space to put the bar on. Also, keep your elbows close to your body; don?t let them come up. This will cause you to fall forward.

Low Bar
    Find a lower bar position. This will give the weight less leverage on you, and you more leverage on the weight. This doesn?t mean that you have to automatically become a low bar squatter, but try to find a slightly lower bar position if you are not already doing so. This will take some time to get used to, so don?t expect to feel comfortable right away.

Sit Back at the Beginning
    Sit back as far as you can before you bend your knees. We have all heard the term ?sit back? when squatting but it is especially important to start to sit back at the beginning of the squat. This will ensure that you start the lift correctly. The first motion of a good squat is pushing the hips/glutes to the rear, not bending the knees first. This will require that you have strong hips, strong hamstrings and a very strong low back. Remember that if you begin wrong, you will end wrong. If you begin correctly, you give yourself a better chance at ending correctly. Get started on the correct path at the beginning of the lift.

Squat without a Box
    You must squat with and without a box. Rotate every 2-3 weeks. I squat with a dip and I can?t train that aspect with the box. This ensures that I improve my squat form and am still comfortable at a meet. But the box makes me work harder and makes me stronger. I believe that you need to practice your full squat form without a box.

Good Mornings
    Do your good mornings, helps with #4.

Train your Abs
    Train your abs, but don?t train them like a bodybuilder or a ?regular? fitness enthusiast. You must train them heavy with sets of 6, 5 or even triples. You must gradually work up to this or you will tear something.

Go Raw
    Rotate in a raw cycle. Don?t wear briefs or a belt and do this with and without the box. You will find out how much you rely on your gear. I do this for the 4 weeks prior to a 12 week meet cycle.

Move the Head First
    When coming out of the hole, the head moves first, up and slightly back. The body follows the head, if the hip/butt comes up first, the head goes forward, then so does you and the weight.

Video Analysis
    Make sure that you video your workouts and critique your form as if you were looking at someone else, then make necessary adjustments. Be honest with your training partners. If the squat was high, tell them. Then they will feel comfortable telling you the same. While some of your training partners are friends, you must be comfortable enough to give and get criticism.

Copyright? 2005 Elite Fitness Systems. All rights reserved.
    You may reproduce this article by including this copyright
    and, if reproducing it electronically, including a link to
    www.Elitefts.com.
    ADMA Muay Thai gym.

SQUAT(ATG)- 275 (x15)
    DEADLIFT- 445 (x 6 W/CHALK)
    PRESS- 195 (3x5)
    DIPS- bw+55lbs-----3x8
    PULLUPS- bw+70lbs-3x8- MAX 110lbs added so around 305 total weight.

-STOP BEING A "FRIEND" AND FINISH THE DEAL.
    betheseducer.com {meet women,attract women,seduce women}

rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickhussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    **Pause Squats
    **Heavy abdominal work
    **Staying tight

Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rickhussey View Post
    **Pause Squats
    **Heavy abdominal work
    **Staying tight
    Perfect.

BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000)
    standing ab crunches. i saw coleman doing them

Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Low box squats
    Training abdominals not like a BBer, heavy low repetition work.
    Increasing the speed of my lifts and becoming more explosive.
    ill rep you if you're using common sense

www.squatsandmilk.com

everista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) everista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) everista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) everista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) everista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) everista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) everista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) everista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) everista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) everista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) everista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What kind of ab work?

Currently, I don't do any. Yea, none... I used to do ab work as a part of warming up when I did a diferent kind of work out.

So what kind of ab work would be squat assistance?
    "Everybody wanna be a Bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight!" - Ronnie Coleman

But probably should be, "but everybody can't lift no heavy ass weight!"

My cross-over will STILL break your ankles!

Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tyro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well here is what one of my athletes did today. Im not a fan of spending hours grinding the abs as i do allot of heavy compound lifting so this is just to supplement abdominal development.

Leg raises 2x20 (Trust me it is much harder for a large person to do and especially for a powerlifitng athlete the lower abdominals need to be fully developed)

Heavily Weighted Sit Ups 2x15 Keep everything tight, try too keep your feet down with out any additional support. This can be done much much heavier with reps up to 6-8, really help on heavy lifting.

Finished of with weighted planks. 2xFailure 20kg plate on your back and you try to hold it, keep everything tight and you may need a partner for this.

Try to be creative but just make sure its weighted down heavy enough and you will be fine.
    ill rep you if you're using common sense

www.squatsandmilk.com

Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Low Box Squats

Heavy Stiff Legged Deadlifts

Heavy Good Mornings

Strengthen everything around your hams/glutes.

-Spaz

dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10) dirtpool is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hrmmm, tough to figure out which exercises to choose

thing is my SLDLS and good mornings are real high in relation to my squat
    I do low box squats every week maybe I need to take a break from them and hit all the weighted ab **** really hard

mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000)
    you doing speed too?

Originally Posted by mochi View Post
    you doing speed too?
    umm' no?

UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't forget to strengthen your hips. The Abduction/Adduction machine helps a good bit. I like to sit on a below parallel box and do adduction work with a green band around my knees.
    http://www.thewarehousegym.net/ - PL/SM gym on the South Side of Houston owned by Dr. Zach McVey

Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500)

I like to just sit there for a few seconds in the hole, destroy any momentum. Then try to explode up. Paused squats I guess.