PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Coffee Drinker Question!

Hey guys I am a coffee drinker and I have about 3 BLACK COFFEES a day with no milk and NO SUGER (BLACK BABY).
    I work out about 4-5 days a week and I am generally happy with my results over the two yaers I have been lifting.
    My question is what affects is my coffee having if any on my body?
    Just courious if it affects muscle building at all.
    Thanks Rick.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    I can not see coffee having any affects on your overall aesthic goals. The only thing I could think of is make sure to be drinking enough water cus coffee is a diuretic(sp?).
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

dedicate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Discoloration of your teeth. Coffee gets a bad rap, but it has been shown to help prevent Parkinson's disease and colon cancer (probably something to do with the antioxidants). I wouldn't sweat it. You could be doing far worse things than taking in a little caffeine every day.

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't worry about caffeine. It really doesn't hurt you, even helps if if gives you the energy to workout harder. I would just make sure that for those 3 cups of coffee, you have 3 extra cups of water on top of the regular 1 gallon a day goal or whatever. Coffee puts you in dehydration mode, so you need to replenish the water you lose. Problem is, when you are at work or wherever, you aren't thirsty after coffee and any more water will make you have to pee a lot.

dizzyspell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

new study

I recently came across this...really questions the diuretic thing.

Fluid, electrolyte, and renal indices of hydration during 11 days of controlled caffeine consumption.

Armstrong LE, Pumerantz AC, Roti MW, Judelson DA, Watson G, Dias JC, Sokmen B, Casa DJ, Maresh CM, Lieberman H, Kellogg M.

University of Connecticut, Human Performance Laboratory, Storrs, CT 06269, USA.

This investigation determined if 3 levels of controlled caffeine consumption affected fluid-electrolyte balance and renal function differently. Healthy males (mean +/- standard deviation; age, 21.6 +/- 3.3 y) consumed 3 mg caffeine . kg(-1) . d(-1). on days 1 to 6 (equilibration phase). On days 7 to 11 (treatment phase), subjects consumed either 0 mg (C0; placebo; n= 20), 3 mg (C3; n = 20), or 6 mg (C6; n = 19) caffeine . kg(-1) . d(-1) in capsules, with no other dietary caffeine intake. The following variables were unaffected (P > 0.05) by different caffeine doses on days 1, 3, 6, 9, and 11 and were within normal clinical ranges: body mass, urine osmolality, urine specific gravity, urine color, 24-h urine volume, 24-h Na+ and K+ excretion, 24-h creatinine, blood urea nitrogen, serum Na+ and K+, serum osmolality, hematocrit, and total plasma protein. Therefore, C0, C3, and C6 exhibited no evidence of hypohydration. These findings question the widely accepted notion that caffeine consumption acts chronically as a diuretic.

psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    coffee is great. I just started drinking it recently. On days that I drink it I have 3 or 6 cups-worth usually (3 recommended servings in each cup). Ive got really ****ing spun on the caffeine a few times.

I got some decaff yesterday too so I can drink it more. I like the taste a lot
    5'11", 187lbs, 19 y/o

[DL]
    5 x 302.5 (06.06)
    [Pullups]
    3x3 x +33 (08.06)
    [overhead]
    115 x 3 (09.06)

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=633909

PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PATS FAN1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Coffee

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback.
    Rick.

Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I only drink it pure black. Cream and sugar ruins the taste. Reps for you. Unless of course I'm at Starbucks or a coffee shop, even then I go with something minimal like mocha or something like that.
    I've even gotten black at Starbucks.

Coffee

Originally Posted by Bluestorm100
    I only drink it pure black. Cream and sugar ruins the taste. Reps for you. Unless of course I'm at Starbucks or a coffee shop, even then I go with something minimal like mocha or something like that.
    I've even gotten black at Starbucks.
    Thanks man,
    Everyone says to me "HOW CAN YOU DRINK YOUR COFFEE BLACK"
    Like you said I want to taste the coffee not a bunch of suger or cream.
    My favorite breakfast consists of 5 eggs,bannana,oatmeal (with a scoop of my ON NATURAL WHEY) and a nice hot black coffee.