liftingdready has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squats and Hip Rotators

Hey Everyone!

Something odd has been happening on the way to the gym! I've recently started lifting and have been introduced to squats…but lately I've noticed pain in my right hip when seated for anything longer than an hour. I had an injury to my left hip abductor several years ago and found myself favoring my left leg because of it. About a year ago I took steps to correct the problem, but I'm wondering if the pain is brought on by improper balance while doing squats. I feel like I'm balanced but I'm not quite sure. When I stretch my right hip rotator is noticeably tighter than my left, is there anyway to tell if you are off balance when squatting? Have any of you had a similar problem, what did you do to fix it?

thx

dk

geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    (a) Start doing mobility type drills before lelg day
    (b) Static Stretching at the end of your workout
    (c) Proper Warmup before lifting

liftingdready has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't do drills, I'll look into that...however, I am warming up properly and always follow up with static stretching and the pain is still there. I'm wondering if I lean when I squat, looking in the mirror I don't see anything off. Anyone know a way to test that?