ninthyaga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine and Acid

Everyone says to take creatine with water or some non-acidic juice, but I haven't been able to find out why acidic juices are bad to blend with creatine. Will it just give you an upset stomach, or is there some bigger reason for this?

LDSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LDSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LDSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LDSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LDSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LDSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Allegedly, acidic juice denatures creatine into it's waste product creatinine. However, I've taken many cycles of creatine over the past few years with everything from gatorade to grape juice to orange juice. I've never noticed any difference based on the acidity of the juice. Plus, your stomach acid is more acidic then juice anyway, so it really doesn't make any difference. Don't worry about an upset stomach or anything. You'll be fine.

LDSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LDSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LDSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LDSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LDSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LDSM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    By the way, you're mixing it and drinking it immediately, right? I suppose it will turn to creatinine faster if you let it sit for a while.

irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Damn that citric acid. It's so much lower then your own stomach acid, which has a ph of 2. Oh wait, no it isn't. It has a great oral bioavailability, so mix it with whatever, but a high glycemic carbohydrate would be best.
    Booyakasha