Registered User tonybodybuilder's Avatar
    tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Bulking and Cutting

For you guys out there i'll simply explain how to bulk right and how to cut right.
    I took the time to type alot of this out, to help the people that were once in my position, I have been reading many books, e-books, Internet articles etc.. and I think I have enough knowledge right now to explain some of the main factors of cutting and bulking. I compliled a bunch of info into this one thread. I have copy'd some information from the e-books etc but this is 100% helpfull!

Bulking:
    If you are thin and want to get bigger, here's some information that I think you may be able to use.

There are several reasons why most people fail in their programs:

Improper diet.
    Most people are not eating enough protein and eating too many simple carbs.

They are not stressing their muscles during each workout.
    You don't have to kill yourself, but you must subject your body to out of the ordinary stress each workout to grow muscle.

They lack consistency.
    They do not stay focused throughout the entire 12-week period. If they don't see results immediately, they get discouraged and quit. You have got to stick with your plan. No program will work for you if you are not consistent.
    To get results, you have to be willing to do whatever it takes, and work as hard as necessary and you have to be consistent. Your body responds to consistency. Sometimes it may get to the point of obsession, but it has to be that way for you to reach your goal.

Here's some basic information and things you should be doing to help you bulk up:

To gain weight you must eat more calories than your body burns off, so EAT MORE!!!!!! The most important thing that I cannot over stress is that you need to eat to gain weight. You need to eat like you've never eaten before. (but not junk food like donuts and chips or candy).

Start eating six meals per day (space them out to about once every 3 hours).

Increase your protein intake and reduce your simple carbohydrate intake. Without protein your body cannot build new muscle

Keep your workouts under one hour. Short and intense!

Concentrate on free weight exercises that work the large muscle groups. The best weight training exercises for building mass are the simple ones. For mass, stick with compound free weight exercises like squats, deadlifts, bench presses, barbell rows, pull ups and bar dips.

Use heavy weights and low reps, rest 3 minutes between each set.

Do only 2-3 exercises per body part.

Split your workout. Since you have a very high metabolism like me, you need to train with more intensity, but less frequently.
    Day 1: Chest, shoulders and triceps
    Day 2: Rest
    Day 3: Back, and Bicep
    Day 4: Rest
    Day 5: Legs and abs
    Day 6: Rest
    Day 7: Rest

Increase you water intake. A good formula for this is to multiply your bodyweight by .66 to get the required number of ounces per day.

Use nutritional supplements. If you can't afford too many products, just stick with the basics; like whey protein. If you can't afford whey protein the next best thing is egg whites.

Cutting:
    "How do I get ripped?" is by far the most popular fitness question among men who start bodybuilding. Guys want that six-pack along with a chiseled chest, rock hard biceps and easily noticeable triceps.

The thing that bothers me, however, is that they're expecting this lean muscle mass to appear overnight, without any effort.

It just doesn't work like that. Some guys have been training and dieting all their lives and still cannot reach satisfactory, low levels of body fat and muscle definition. Getting ripped isn't something that occurs overnight; it's extremely demanding and is definitely not going to happen for everyone.

so let me explain

If you're looking to get ripped the way I define it, here are the main factors you'll have to control.

1- Proper nutrition
    I've said it before and I'll say it again and again: Watch what you eat. How can you expect to boast a lean body if you're eating fast food, six days a week? Your diet accounts for more than 70% of how your body will look and feel.

That said, here are the main diet guidelines to follow:

Generally, try keeping your daily caloric intake between 2,000 and 2,500 calories.
    Increase your protein intake and restrain from eating carbohydrates after 6 p.m.
    Reduce your overall salt, sugar and simple carbohydrate intake. They're just bad altogether.
    Drink water regularly.
    Eat smaller portions more often throughout the day.
    Don't starve yourself. Instead, stick to your diet schedule and allow yourself one or two "cheat" days a week.
    Don't stress out over your new eating habits. Eventually, healthy and lean eating habits will become part of your lifestyle.
    lookin good is feelin good.. and feelin good is lookin good

heyPUnk017 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyPUnk017 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    very well explained..

i like the .66 times your body weight info!!

lots of good info for beginner like me
    Current Weight: 180 lbs
    nov. 11 2005 - 155 lbs.
    Height: 5'11"
    Sports : Soccer/Running/Lifting

tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonybodybuilder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I've used all of this info in my bb career so far and it has all worked so i hope it works for you guys!

bump!

bump!

bump

hope you guys can learn from this.

bump

heyPUnk017 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyPUnk017 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol why are you bumping this thread!
    nov. 11 2005 - 155 lbs.

lol, I wanna keep these newbs informed bud

Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry

Originally Posted by tonybodybuilder
    lol, I wanna keep these newbs informed bud
    well, u got 1 newbie informed!. Thxz 4 the info. I want 2 start cutting but when ever i dont have pizza with the rest of my family they make me have it but i dint want 2. Once i was making a tuna sandwich 4 myself and my sister came 2 the kicten and asked me what i was doin, i said im makin a sandwich, but then she MADE me eat the pizza!!. HOW am i meant 2 cut?

Provoked has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Provoked has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Provoked has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Provoked has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Provoked has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Provoked has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Provoked has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not eat the pizza?

Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ali15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeh, i dont want 2

Super Duper Producer Chris Tempest's Avatar
    Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd say this is a pretty good article.

Simple and to the point.

Welldone

well, u got 1 newbie informed!. Thxz 4 the info. I want 2 start cutting but when ever i dont have pizza with the rest of my family they make me have it but i dint want 2. Once i was making a tuna sandwich 4 myself and my sister came 2 the kicten and asked me what i was doin, i said im makin a sandwich, but then she MADE me eat the pizza!!. HOW am i meant 2 cut?
    ------------

^^ is your sister going to beat you up or something?
    nov. 11 2005 - 155 lbs.

Originally Posted by heyPUnk017
    ------------

^^ is your sister going to beat you up or something?

no, but then i wont be able 2 eat other foods. She will then take the pi*$ by sayin have a sandwich every time i eat.