BTCB_Rio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

No real set work out plan

I work out hard 3 days a week. I have no real set plan though, i just jump sort of from machine to machine. I'm 160lbs 5'11 I've been lifting for 3 years.

What is the best protein?

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    protien hell
    get away from the machines and move to freeweights !

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Kane Fan
    protein hell
    get away from the machines and move to freeweights !
    I'm strongly inclined to give this two thumbs up. If you need more protein, get it from eating more fish/ chicken/ cheeseburgers/ peanut butter/ etc (space off those overpriced supplements for the time being). At 5'11" and 160 you wouldn't look overly thin, but I assume bulking up a bit wouldn't ruin your day, and pounding Wendy's double cheeseburgers will help you out there (and they are mighty tasty too).

Ditto on ditching machines and moving to free weights. There are some lifts you might do just as well on machines (i.e. calf work and that sort of thing), but loose iron is king for making gains. Do these lifts with free weights to build mass and overall strength:

-deadlifts
    -squats
    -bench press
    -military press

and flesh them out with some ab, arm, and calf work. Best of luck!

fsheva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Might sound like a stupid advice, but anyway, eat more calories than your body burns(you should be able to find that out yourself: http://www.ast-ss.com/asp/weight.asp), don't just eat protein, try to use supplements to supplement, not meal replacement. From my experience, my number one mistake was looking for the best protein and neglecting the importance of carbs and fats.