Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation Wrist & Forearm Pain...

I have recently been having pain in the top of my wrist and shooting pain up the outside of my forearm, when curling and doing skullcrushes. It seems like anytime i hold heavier weight in that hand their is pain in my wrist... Any ideas of the cause of this pain? Or what exercises to do in place of... It seems like time and rest is the only thing that makes it feel better... Any suggestions???

vdub232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also have pain in my left forearm. I experience pain when I do curling exercsies - especially with a barbell. With an EZ curl bar I feel some pain, and hardly any pain with dumbbells. As with your case, when I take time off lifting, the pain goes away almost completely in about a week. My doc took some x-rays and saw nothing abnormal with the radius or ulnar bones of the forearm. She concluded that it was a muscle tendon strain. I wear a forearm brace that seems to help a lot when I curl.

I would assume that you are also experiencing a muscle strain as the muscles of the forearm extend from the elbow to about the base of the hand. My doc advised me to take 10 days off (which was the toughest part) and take anti-inflammatory's. Get an x-ray, make sure the bones are fine and then wrap your forearm before you do arms. Wrap it so that it feels snug around your forearm when you make a fist... too tight will cut off circulation. hope this helps

oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree that it might be tendonitis. Ice it, take fish oil, and lay off of it for a week or 2.

Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob-ay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ya i have been wrapin it before i lift and it does make it b bit better.. Iv taken a couple days off but not lift for a week just kills me.... Ill def. try the curl bar because it causes the most pain when using the straight bar. When the wrist bends back the pain is along the sides of my forearms so dumbbelss gives me pain somtimes...

What does fish oil do?

CrusaderKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CrusaderKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CrusaderKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CrusaderKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CrusaderKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CrusaderKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CrusaderKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CrusaderKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CrusaderKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CrusaderKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CrusaderKnight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Bob-ay View Post
    What does fish oil do?
    Anti-inflammatory.

Iv also heard some tell me that it might be tendonitis... anyone think this might be...

kalmank has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kalmank has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kalmank has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kalmank has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I also get forearm pain when doing barbell curls -- I'm told that it's because im bending my wrists, but it happens even when im focusing on not bending them. if i wait a few weeks, the pain is gone, but after even just one workout, it comes back. any advice?

Ya same thing here.. i take it easy with that wrist and forearm but as soon as i go back to heavy weight it acts up again.... any suggestions anyone???

Anything... please explain
    **New Jersey Crew (732)**
    ~Pain is Weakness Leaving The Body~

Astroid Stack
    Madd Protien
    Multi-
    Fish Oil

Registered User hardmancroxteth's Avatar
    hardmancroxteth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hardmancroxteth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hardmancroxteth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hardmancroxteth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hardmancroxteth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hardmancroxteth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hardmancroxteth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hardmancroxteth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hardmancroxteth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hardmancroxteth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hardmancroxteth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lmao only the weak kids get "forearm pain" cuz it was usually from me given em a chinese burn.......
    http://i5.tinypic.com/87lf6o8.jpg - me fookin wasted on a friday nite

vdub232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From my experience I don't think there is a lot you can do. Unfortunatley, I have been forced to use dumbbells and cables for most of my bicep work. I am able to use the e-z curl bar every other workout in order to go heavy for 6-8 reps. Straight bars are out of the question though.

Sturdi87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sturdi87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sturdi87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sturdi87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sturdi87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sturdi87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sturdi87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sturdi87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sturdi87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sturdi87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sturdi87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Couldn't it just be weak forearms also? I experienced this type of thing when my bis were getting a lot stronger. Resting them, then doing forearm and grip exercises made it stop. Prior to that I had never isolated the forearms and they were a weak point.
    The information in this post reflects personal views and is not intended to replace the advice of your doctor or health care provider, nor is it intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease or disorder of any kind.

CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bob-ay ... where exactly on the wrist does it hurt ???

i was just diagnosed with TFCC ... you symptoms are close to mine ...

here is a start to some research ...
    http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/sma/sma_trifibcc_sma.htm

Last edited by CaSHMeRe; 12-28-2007 at 12:53 PM.

skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000) skinny buckeye is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CaSHMeRe View Post

what are your symptoms?

thanks

CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaSHMeRe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    my symptoms: i was doing wrist curls about 4 weeks ago, when about 2-3 hours after my workout, i started to get horrible pain on the outside of my right wrist (pinky side) ... It felt like a "Deep" wound, not something on the surface. Over the next few days, it grew worse and worse, to the point where i couldn't lift even 15 lb. dumbbells (although i would tuff it out and do it anyways) <-- no bueno ... shouldn't have done.

My wrist hurt if i would try and rotate it either clockwise or counterclockwise, (turning a door knob for instance, driving, etc...) and felt very very weak when trying to do anything with that hand. The rest of my wrist, etc, was fine, and the pain was isolated on the outside part of my hand/wrist. I finally went to go see a doc where he diagnosed me and told me i had a TFCC Tear ... There aren't really a lot of options to dix either. He can either get cortizone shots, surgery, or brace it, ice/heat all the time, etc...

For me, i chose the last alternative. The pain hasn't gotten to the point of being part crippled the rest of my life, but its not enjoyable either. I am trying out a brace made specifically for TFCC users made my a physical therapist in Hawaii.

Hopefully should be getting the brace today/early next week. will let you guys know how it goes.

brace can be found here. I am in no way associated with this company/person, so direct all questions, etc... to the company.

http://wristwidget.com/

after hours of research and actually talking to Wendy (the developer of this brace thing) ... it seemed like a good idea.

I guess the brace put pressure on the 2 outside bones, thus releiving pressure on the tendons ?!?!?!

something like that ... lol
    Last edited by CaSHMeRe; 12-28-2007 at 01:15 PM.
    www.PURESMOKER.com

YA thats just about were the pain is... its gotten better but its still there.. those are the exact places were it hurts and then runs donw the outside of my forearm... What kind of docter did you go to see that told you this?

Astroid Stack
    Madd Protien
    Multi-
    Fish Oil

[QUOTE=CaSHMeRe;111235221]
    Hopefully should be getting the brace today/early next week. will let you guys know how it goes.

Post your results im def. gunna think about this..

Astroid Stack
    Madd Protien
    Multi-
    Fish Oil

Bump

Astroid Stack
    Madd Protien
    Multi-
    Fish Oil

Originally Posted by Bob-ay View Post
    Post your results im def. gunna think about this..
    Will Do !!!
    www.PURESMOKER.com

wilson735 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wilson735 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wilson735 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wilson735 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wilson735 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wilson735 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wilson735 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wilson735 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wilson735 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CaSHMeRe View Post

Whoa. That's exactly where I feel pain at times. Also, when I do Seated Barbell Wrist Curls, I feel something popping in and out of place with each rep. It doesn't hurt, but it definitely leaves you feeling uncomfortable.

LEOlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds like the pain that I experience also, but I also had an x-ray and was diagnosed with negative ulnar variance. Because of this, one of my forearm bones has dug into the other and arthritis has set in.

I too have difficulty doing simple things with that hand. Opening a car door with an underhand grip can bring me to my knees, not to mention doing bicep curls.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you after your brace comes off.

Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i got the same pain in my forearms. I actually had it a long time ago too, took a week off and it went away. The problem is taking a week off, i cant bring myself to it

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pain running along the forearm maybe referred pain from a local injury in the wrist, however, may also be due to a nerve compression.

YOu need to have somebody look at and assess the injury.
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

BigTiggyBoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im actually RAGING, i have pains in the sides of my forearm just below my wrist, ive only been lifting for 4 weeks is it likely its just cause ive been pushing my arms to the limit and there just tender- but it doesnt feel like that when im doing chest press or anything it just burns

BigTiggyBoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BigTiggyBoo View Post
    im actually RAGING, i have pains in the sides of my forearm just below my wrist, ive only been lifting for 4 weeks is it likely its just cause ive been pushing my arms to the limit and there just tender- but it doesnt feel like that when im doing chest press or anything it just burns
    I went and seen a GP, he told me to not worry about it just do lighter and more reps until i get stronger, dont know if his just a useless doctor or his right sigh

Rogger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You may have done exercises incorrectly, you should go to the doctor do some tests, this is serious, and already had it when I see it was a fracture, but little is good prevention.

c4m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c4m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c4m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have had forearm pain too, it seemed to come from barbell curls. It felt like the pain came from the bone that runs down the outside of your forearm. I was told it was from your forearms being too weak compared to your bicep.. Was told to try doing reverse barbell curls and after a few weeks of doing them the pain seems to have gone away and I was even able to do a few sets of regular barbell curls today without any pain..
    So I'd say try doing reverse barbell curls for a few weeks and if that doesnt help see a doc

Ccarter20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by c4m View Post
    I have had forearm pain too, it seemed to come from barbell curls. It felt like the pain came from the bone that runs down the outside of your forearm. I was told it was from your forearms being too weak compared to your bicep.. Was told to try doing reverse barbell curls and after a few weeks of doing them the pain seems to have gone away and I was even able to do a few sets of regular barbell curls today without any pain..
    So I'd say try doing reverse barbell curls for a few weeks and if that doesnt help see a doc
    I've been experiencing pain too recently when working biceps.... Could you not just use wrist wraps for additional support???

Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Camaro527 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have the same thing.. I just do a bicep, then another workout, and back to bicep. It minimizes my pain.
    Con-Cret log!!!! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139431583