Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Jerpowr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy pain on thumb side

My pain comes on the thumb side of my left forearm. I thinknit started from.going a bit too heavy on hammer curls. And it kills me when I rotate my wrist clockwise. Like opening a door knob. I was hoping I could just take a week off arms as I was doing them twice a week. Bu when I went to do chest flys my forearm started hurting.. so I may need more time off

1 week isn't enough

Update: I week resting and my forearm still has pain when I twist it or even try to lift my 2 yr old. Considering a trip to the doctor but im sure he will just say I was lifting to heavy and let it rest. Any ideas? Any tips to get it healed? I need to get back in the gym!

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jerpowr View Post
    Update: I week resting and my forearm still has pain when I twist it or even try to lift my 2 yr old. Considering a trip to the doctor but im sure he will just say I was lifting to heavy and let it rest. Any ideas? Any tips to get it healed? I need to get back in the gym!
    Sounds like De Quervains synovitis. Anti-inflammatory medication, ice if acutely sore, stretching tight muscles in the forearm, gradually getting back into activity.
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

any recommendations

Originally Posted by Fresch View Post
    Sounds like De Quervains synovitis. Anti-inflammatory medication, ice if acutely sore, stretching tight muscles in the forearm, gradually getting back into activity.
    Trying to get back into it slowly now.. did shoulders with just slight pain while doing cable side raises. Any suggestions on how to stretch it besides foam rolling and the usual wrist stretch (pulling fingers back and straighten blthe arm)

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jerpowr View Post
    Trying to get back into it slowly now.. did shoulders with just slight pain while doing cable side raises. Any suggestions on how to stretch it besides foam rolling and the usual wrist stretch (pulling fingers back and straighten blthe arm)
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/For...#anchor1936761
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

Thumbs up thanks!

Thanks I will give these a try.

update

1 month later and feeling 90% better continued to worknout but dropped curls and tricep exercises for the most part.. did maybe 1 or 2 easy sets a week for each and thats it. Lots of fish oil and animal flex vita pack seemed to help.