shi4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shi4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shi4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shi4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shi4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shi4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shi4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shi4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can you get Gyno again?

I never did pot or anything, I was just fat and I got gyno. My doctor (after losing all the weight) said it won't go away on its own and the only way to get rid of it is with surgery. So I got the surgery, but I am aware that pot causes Gyno...I am wondering, if you tried pot AFTER surgery, could it come back somehow?
    You May Delay...But Time Will Not

shi4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shi4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shi4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shi4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shi4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shi4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shi4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shi4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump? Anyone an expert on this kinda stuff here by any chance?

Registered User AnaerobicAndrew's Avatar
    AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by shi4 View Post
    bump? Anyone an expert on this kinda stuff here by any chance?
    Pot causes gyno...? You sure about that?

Gyno can "come back" if your hormones are out of whack.... I mean REALLY out of whack. Youd have to be poppin a whole lot of the wrong kind of pills for that to happen.
    "Swim 2.4 miles. Bike 112 miles. Run 26.2 miles. BRAG for the rest of your life." IRONMAN TRIATHLON

Es gibt keinen anderen Teufel als den wir in unserem eigenen Herzen haben.

I agree, but ya never know. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything more about it.

Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000)
    isn't there different kinds of gyno surgery? like fully removing the gland that causes it and just smaller versions of sucking out the fatty parts surrounding it?
    Bodybuilding is all about image not numbers, when you're up on stage your lifting stats and bodyfat % means nothing to the judges.

melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah it depends what type of surgery you got. If the glandular tissue was fully removed then you cannot get that form of gyno again. You can however get pseudogynecomastia due to lipohypertrophy though. I like long words.
    The first rule of cheat club is you do not talk about cheat club. The second rule of cheat club is you DO NOT talk about cheat club. Third rule of cheat cub, someone yells stop!, goes limp, taps out, the cheat is over. Fourth rule, one cheat at a time, fellas. Fifth rule, cheats will go on as long as they have to. And the sixth and final rule, if this is your first night at cheat club, you have to cheat.

Join us...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=267863

simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    [QUOTE=melon;109681391 You can however get pseudogynecomastia due to lipohypertrophy though. I like long words.[/QUOTE]

what is that???

hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I never did pot or anything, I was just fat and I got gyno. My doctor (after losing all the weight) said it won't go away on its own and the only way to get rid of it is with surgery. So I got the surgery, but I am aware that pot causes Gyno...I am wondering, if you tried pot AFTER surgery, could it come back somehow?
    pot causes gyno?

i smoke pot like everday lol, for a good while now...not gyno yet

hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hassan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    holy ****
    http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/...al/hollis1.htm
    Gynecomastia has been thought to be a complication of cannabis use, especially when it was also possible to stimulate breast tissue development in rats with THC (72). Eleven soldiers with gynecomastia of unknown cause were matched with 11 others with similar characteristics except for gynecomastia. No difference in cannabis use was found between the two groups (27). Such a finding does not disprove the relationship between cannabis and gynecomastia. Indeed, if cannabis increases peripheral conversion of testosterone to estrogens, then it is possible that the increased estrogens could stimulate breast tissue in a few susceptible men. Increased estrogens might also account for some reports of diminution in sexual drive or in performance in men

blind2limits is on a distinguished road. (+10) blind2limits is on a distinguished road. (+10) blind2limits is on a distinguished road. (+10) blind2limits is on a distinguished road. (+10) blind2limits is on a distinguished road. (+10) blind2limits is on a distinguished road. (+10) blind2limits is on a distinguished road. (+10) blind2limits is on a distinguished road. (+10) blind2limits is on a distinguished road. (+10) blind2limits is on a distinguished road. (+10) blind2limits is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation well...

However, you can get it again. If you have real gynecomastia (breast tissue over the chest) and not pseudo-gynecomastia (fatty tissue over the chest), then it can be possible to redevelop breast tissue -- especially as you get older. Usually people that have gynecomastia when they're older (from what I've seen) don't worry as much for a number of reasons.

Want better answers?

Go to the gynecomastia.org discussion boards.
    [located here: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/]

Check out/search the threads because people ask these kinds of questions all the time. They'll most likely have better answers for you than we might (since there are doctors on the forums as well). If you want you can make an account and ask a question if you'd like.

DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I caution each of my patients that surgery does not typically stop male breast growth. If there is a problem with growing breasts, recurrence can happen. Any of these medical problems and or these medications can cause gynecomastia. So, if you want to get worried about regrowth, you could get yourself evaluated for each of these conditions to see if they could be a factor.

Surgery also does not prevent weight gain in the chest. Men tend to put weight on the belly and chest regions. I educate each of my patients that this surgery will not prevent further breast growth. It is like changing/fixing a tire with a nail. Fixing/changing the tire will not prevent you from getting a new nail in that tire.

I take care of many patients with gynecomastia, as many as 8 in one day alone. With all the gynecomastia surgery I have done, it is very rare to have regrowth for patients I have sculpted. One patient (who had surgery on only side by another doctor) came to me with pro hormone induced gynecomastia that only came back on the side that had no surgery. His growth was massive on the one side and none on the other. His surgery by that other doctor had left a massive crater - the skin was adherent against the chest wall with normal fat surrounding the ugly deformity. One side looked like the deformity seen here. The other side was almost a B cup breast so tender that I could barely examine it. As with each patient who presented to me with current breast growth, he was referred for an endocrinology evaluation and stabilization before considering surgery. I do not know if such radical surgery was a factor or not. Even if it did, removing all fat under the skin just gives an unnatural look.

I prefer to target the gland first with my Dynamic Technique. This permits me to remove most of the gland and then sculpt the remaining tissue to minimize contour problems. Any surgery technique, even radical breast mastectomy for male breast cancer can leave gland behind. The problem is that there are fine fingers of gland that dissect between fingers of fat and can extend quite far into the chest.

You can see what I mean by fingers of gland here.

By concentrating on the gland first I am able to minimize the chance of breast regrowth. It is very rare for my patients to have recurrence. With my techniques and red flag before surgery evaluation system, I have only a few patients over the many years I have been doing surgery that I know have regrown. However, gynecomastia surgery does not stop breast regrowth. For patients having breast growth, I have advised for many years that they should get their problem under control before surgery. There are exceptions, such as young men with massive breasts that have not stopped growing. That is why each case needs to be individually evaluated.

Prevention of gynecomastia, when possible, is much better.

Secondary Surgery is often an option for those who had prior surgery. Such issues are better discussed during a consultation with your surgeon or someone who can advise you about your options. We help patients explore such issues during consultations or preliminary remote discussions.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified
    American Board of Plastic Surgery
    http://www.PlasticSurgery4U.com

Thanks Doc!

9ine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9ine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9ine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9ine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9ine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9ine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9ine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9ine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9ine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9ine is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9ine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DrBermant View Post
    I caution each of my patients that surgery does not typically stop male breast growth. If there is a problem with growing breasts, recurrence can happen. Any of these medical problems and or these medications can cause gynecomastia. So, if you want to get worried about regrowth, you could get yourself evaluated for each of these conditions to see if they could be a factor.

Surgery also does not prevent weight gain in the chest. Men tend to put weight on the belly and chest regions. I educate each of my patients that this surgery will not prevent further breast growth. It is like changing/fixing a tire with a nail. Fixing/changing the tire will not prevent you from getting a new nail in that tire.

I take care of many patients with gynecomastia, as many as 8 in one day alone. With all the gynecomastia surgery I have done, it is very rare to have regrowth for patients I have sculpted. One patient (who had surgery on only side by another doctor) came to me with pro hormone induced gynecomastia that only came back on the side that had no surgery. His growth was massive on the one side and none on the other. His surgery by that other doctor had left a massive crater - the skin was adherent against the chest wall with normal fat surrounding the ugly deformity. One side looked like the deformity seen here. The other side was almost a B cup breast so tender that I could barely examine it. As with each patient who presented to me with current breast growth, he was referred for an endocrinology evaluation and stabilization before considering surgery. I do not know if such radical surgery was a factor or not. Even if it did, removing all fat under the skin just gives an unnatural look.

I prefer to target the gland first with my Dynamic Technique. This permits me to remove most of the gland and then sculpt the remaining tissue to minimize contour problems. Any surgery technique, even radical breast mastectomy for male breast cancer can leave gland behind. The problem is that there are fine fingers of gland that dissect between fingers of fat and can extend quite far into the chest.

You can see what I mean by fingers of gland here.

By concentrating on the gland first I am able to minimize the chance of breast regrowth. It is very rare for my patients to have recurrence. With my techniques and red flag before surgery evaluation system, I have only a few patients over the many years I have been doing surgery that I know have regrown. However, gynecomastia surgery does not stop breast regrowth. For patients having breast growth, I have advised for many years that they should get their problem under control before surgery. There are exceptions, such as young men with massive breasts that have not stopped growing. That is why each case needs to be individually evaluated.

Prevention of gynecomastia, when possible, is much better.

Secondary Surgery is often an option for those who had prior surgery. Such issues are better discussed during a consultation with your surgeon or someone who can advise you about your options. We help patients explore such issues during consultations or preliminary remote discussions.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Thank you Doc. That was very informative. I don't have a problem with gyno. However, it's nice to see someone with professional knowledge here.

I separated my shoulder about 8-10 months ago. I went to an urgent clinic and I was diagnosed with a type II separation. The doctor that consulted me said it would take about 3-6 weeks before I can return to my normal activities. It's a been well over 8 months and my shoulder still doesn't feel right. It cracks and feels kind of stiff compared to my healthy one. My AC joint on the injured shoulder feels like it's higher than my on my healthy one. However, I don't experience any pain at all. It's just the injured shoulder feels different. Do you have any advice for me? Do you think something like this might require a surgery?

I understand this is probably not the field you have specialized in, but if you have any advice I would really appreciated.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack the thread. I was just happy to see someone with professional knowledge here. I thought I'd take the opportunity to ask.

DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 9ine View Post
    Thank you Doc. That was very informative. I don't have a problem with gyno. However, it's nice to see someone with professional knowledge here.

I separated my shoulder about 8-10 months ago. I went to an urgent clinic and I was diagnosed with a type II separation. The doctor that consulted me said it would take about 3-6 weeks before I can return to my normal activities. It's a been well over 8 months and my shoulder still doesn't feel right. It cracks and feels kind of stiff compared to my healthy one. My AC joint on the injured shoulder feels like it's higher than my on my healthy one. However, I don't experience any pain at all. It's just the injured shoulder feels different. Do you have any advice for me? Do you think something like this might require a surgery?

I understand this is probably not the field you have specialized in, but if you have any advice I would really appreciated.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack the thread. I was just happy to see someone with professional knowledge here. I thought I'd take the opportunity to ask.
    Sorry, I restrict my practice to Plastic Surgery and am unable to offer advice on such issues.

Michael Bermant, MD
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified
    American Board of Plastic Surgery
    http://www.PlasticSurgery4U.com

Barbell Brandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbell Brandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbell Brandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbell Brandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbell Brandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbell Brandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbell Brandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbell Brandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbell Brandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbell Brandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Barbell Brandi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow Plastic
    Barbell Brandi
    Office Manager of PA Warehouse
    The Bodybuilding.com Mission: We help our visitors reach their health, fitness and appearance goals through information, motivation, and supplementation.