Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Xtend...no calories rite?

Xtend or bcaa's in general do not have any caloric value correct?

just making sure

Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insulin Ihsaan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i know its a stupid question, just someone confirm this so i stop feeling paranoid

Xtend is the Greatest Scivation's Avatar
    Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If there were calories, we would HAVE to put it on the label.

It is not on the label.

Thus, per the FDA, NO calories.
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On
    ********: http://www.********.com/scivation
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/scivation

thanks, was just clarifying

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I count the grams of aminos, same calories as protein...so 20cal per scoop.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    wow didnt know that, guess i should count them too as im cutting. thanks

yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What? no, a calorie is a measurement of energy, it takes your body a certain number of calories to break down a type of food. BCAAS are an already broken down form of protein, thus it costs your body no energy to break them down further which means its 0 calories so no. you dont count them in your cals

Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Even if they DO have calories, it is not 4 per gram.
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by yioti View Post
    What? no, a calorie is a measurement of energy, it takes your body a certain number of calories to break down a type of food. BCAAS are an already broken down form of protein, thus it costs your body no energy to break them down further which means its 0 calories so no. you dont count them in your cals
    did you seriously just make that up?
    Originally Posted by Scivation View Post
    Even if they DO have calories, it is not 4 per gram.
    Chuck has said this as well; however, I still have not seen any literature.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Xtend and use it, I just choose to count the calories...I think Layne does as well?
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

Don't get me wrong, I love Xtend and use it, I just choose to count the calories...I think Layne does as well?
    I do not care if you count the calories. The bottom line is that BCAA promote fat loss and will not halt bodyfat loss or lead to fat gain. So why even stress over counting it?
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On

I do not care if you count the calories. The bottom line is that BCAA promote fat loss and will not halt bodyfat loss or lead to fat gain. So why even stress over counting it?
    I agree to an extent. I believe that too much BCAA will halt fat loss, but we can agree to disagree on that.

haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    BCAA's do not require digestion. They have no caloric value IMO.
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT
    Currently Pursuing A Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree

I agree to an extent. I believe that too much BCAA will halt fat loss, but we can agree to disagree on that.
    When I got to under 4% bodyfat, it proved that wrong.
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On

MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    its so low it wont make a difference.. if u r worried about it while cutting, u better be counting the calories in sugar free gum too lol
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep

*Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.*

Iron Mulisha Athlete

When I got to under 4% bodyfat, it proved that wrong.
    not really...but it was impressive none the less.
    Matty, I would count sf gum as well

not really...but it was impressive none the less.
    Matty, I would count sf gum as well
    I would never chew gum while dieting!

I drank Xtend like it was going out of style. The fat still melted. Perhaps the Cut Diet is just that damn good?
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree 100%

Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Dorian: Best Mr. O ever SSK1903's Avatar
    SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000) SSK1903 is just really nice. (+1000)
    haha, I was counting my xtend serving (3?-4 scoops for workout) as 25 calories for some reason...

I guess I don't need to do that anymore

Bull**** and marketing aside (hey, I'm a paying customer ) is there any reason to consume xtend other than during/post workout?

Originally Posted by SSK1903 View Post
    haha, I was counting my xtend serving (3?-4 scoops for workout) as 25 calories for some reason...

Bull**** and marketing aside (hey, I'm a paying customer ) is there any reason to consume xtend other than during/post workout?
    i was wondering this aswell, i usually only drink it during/post workout but would it be beneficial to drink it during the day?

lol im kind of looking for an excuse to drink more of this green apple stuff

Mean, Lean & Clean Inc. WhiteCollarBoy's Avatar
    WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When Xtend first came out, I remember it was something like 20 cals per 4 scoops or whatever. It's negligible.
    "The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind."

Originally Posted by SSK1903 View Post

Yes. You recover during the day!

But, if there is one time you need to take it, around and during training is THE time. The rest is just icing on the cake!

Originally Posted by WhiteCollarBoy View Post
    When Xtend first came out, I remember it was something like 20 cals per 4 scoops or whatever. It's negligible.
    Then the FDA told us how to properly label and when Chuck came aboard, he also corrected us.

Bottom line is count it if you'd like, but I won't nor do I think it makes a difference. The benefits outweigh the calories, if there are any.
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On

LoudGoatLS2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoudGoatLS2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoudGoatLS2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoudGoatLS2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoudGoatLS2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoudGoatLS2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoudGoatLS2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoudGoatLS2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoudGoatLS2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoudGoatLS2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoudGoatLS2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ihsaank View Post
    i was wondering this aswell, i usually only drink it during/post workout but would it be beneficial to drink it during the day?

I'm with you. I actually prefer the Xtend lemonade flavor to normal lemonade. I'm actually sitting here with my empty water bottle next to me waiting for tomorrow morning's workout to come so that I can have more. Wow. I just realized I'm a loser.
    Don't take yourself so seriously. Nobody else does.

yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by haiz69 View Post
    BCAA's do not require digestion. They have no caloric value IMO.

BINGO counting them is worthless

Does anyone have any links to BCAA info related to cutting and fat lost?

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Talk to Lando (Rob), Sporto (Tommy), Scivation (Marc), Beast (Derek) and every other Scivation athlete. They all have anecdotal evidece saying Xtend was the best cutting supplement out there.
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    After reading all of this topic. I have come up with the decision that EVEN IF Xtend does have calories. You burnt all of them off thinking about how many calories Xtend has/doesn't have.

Like the book states.. "THE CALORIES DO NOT ADD UP!We at Scivation prefere to count servings instead of each calorie, we beleive you will probably burn calories just trying to count them all!"
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Layne has his clients taking 5g morning and pre workout, 10g post workout and 5g pre bed

Originally Posted by jaim91 View Post
    Talk to Lando (Rob), Sporto (Tommy), Scivation (Marc), Beast (Derek) and every other Scivation athlete. They all have anecdotal evidece saying Xtend was the best cutting supplement out there.
    Love me some broscience! (lol, jk, i love xtend )

alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    the person who said that bcaa's have no calories because theyre already broken down into amino acids is wrong. just think about it...how would cleaving all those peptide bonds in a protein GIVE you energy... So the answer is yes of course amino acids and all other monomers have calories. Why would you think something with 0 calories could provide energy for your muscles lol.

HOWEVER! If you count the calories Xtend has then you are being a little bit obsession IMO...just drink your xtend and don't think about the calories...I promise you that you will not get fat from drinking xtend haha

100% str8flexizationized R.T.B.'s Avatar
    R.T.B. will become famous soon enough. (+50) R.T.B. will become famous soon enough. (+50) R.T.B. will become famous soon enough. (+50) R.T.B. will become famous soon enough. (+50) R.T.B. will become famous soon enough. (+50) R.T.B. will become famous soon enough. (+50) R.T.B. will become famous soon enough. (+50) R.T.B. will become famous soon enough. (+50) R.T.B. will become famous soon enough. (+50) R.T.B. will become famous soon enough. (+50) R.T.B. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by alaska21 View Post
    the person who said that bcaa's have no calories because theyre already broken down into amino acids is wrong. just think about it...how would cleaving all those peptide bonds in a protein GIVE you energy... So the answer is yes of course amino acids and all other monomers have calories. Why would you think something with 0 calories could provide energy for your muscles lol.

HOWEVER! If you count the calories Xtend has then you are being a little bit obsession IMO...just drink your xtend and don't think about the calories...I promise you that you will not get fat from drinking xtend haha
    hmm, interesting...so lets say you were megadosing xtend, like Marc and others propose you do, and you're taking in, say 25 scoops of Xtend a day...how many calories is that? BTW I love Xtend, but I'm only taking around 5 scoops a day...the idea for megadosing has occured to me, but I'd like to know how many calories I'd be taking in before I do so, as I'm sure others out there are curious as well
    My Training Journal under Layne Norton, CHECK IT OUT!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118740861
    List of PR's
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tVDSVtCtjiK7uOQp5dli5sw&single=true&gid=0&output=html
    Fitday
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Rugs1985

billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Read Layne's section of the Cut Diet book.
    He who argues for his limitations gets to keep them.