Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hkhai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

indoor or outdoor cardio?

Been working on my cardio for a month now. At first it was really hard, now very easy. I am getting addicted to running and cardio, which is a good thing, by the way. I have to get at least 7 miles in a day six days a week in one hour. However, my gym is about to close for the holidays and I was wondering, if there was a difference between running indoors on a treadmill and outdoors around the neighborhood in the cold. I started today and it just feels completely different. I feel like I can't challenge myself as much. What is the difference in terms of fat burn and calories burned? Or is there a difference? I notice that I don't sweat as much running outside since its so much colder.

Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Hkhai View Post
    Been working on my cardio for a month now. At first it was really hard, now very easy. I am getting addicted to running and cardio, which is a good thing, by the way. I have to get at least 7 miles in a day six days a week in one hour. However, my gym is about to close for the holidays and I was wondering, if there was a difference between running indoors on a treadmill and outdoors around the neighborhood in the cold. I started today and it just feels completely different. I feel like I can't challenge myself as much. What is the difference in terms of fat burn and calories burned? Or is there a difference? I notice that I don't sweat as much running outside since its so much colder.
    Running outside you will burn slightly more cals than you would on a treadmill due to physics and forward motion.

You also need to make sure you stretch very well before you run in the cold of you're going to be asking for injury.
    My body can't tell me how much weight I can lift. I just pick it up and lift it. I'm tired of my body telling me what I can and can't do. It's time to take control.

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't mind doing cardio indoors, but as my weight is starting to come down, I'm starting to become more into outdoor running. It's so refresing breathing in fresh air and it feels good to have the air on your face as you plod along listening to your favorite music. Plus time seems to go by a lot faster when your scenery is constantly changing. At least it does for me.
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I just used the treadmill as a tool to become a better outdoor runner. I think outdoor running is better, as I find places to run with hills and curbs to jump, etc.