BoingoBoingoBoingoBoingo TinyMan's Avatar
    TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

ISS Micellar Matrix Review

Reviewing the banana flavor of ISS Micellar Matrix casein/whey/albumen. The only other casein product I have used before is Evopro, so everything is weighed against that. I've only just started consuming Micellar Matrix, so I can only comment on price, mixibility, and taste/texture.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/iss/mic.html

Price (no rating) - There's 35 servings for $27, so $0.77 per serving. With the order of indgredients listed for the protein (micellar casein 45%, concentrate, isolate, albumen constitute the rest) it's a decent price for a caseinate product, although there may be better pricing options out there.

Mixibility 9/10 - I was using 2% milk, in a shaker bottle. After a couple shakes almost the entire powder had seperated, and after 5-10 seconds more of shaking there were no clumps to speak of. In this catagory, I thought ISS Micellar Matrix mixed slightly better than Cytosport Evopro (although both mixed quite well).

Taste 8/10 - Refreshingly different. Banana is quite a nice flavor, although it is a bit on the sweet side. Since that is purely subjective, others may not find it that way. However, it is reminiscent of those banana flavored candies that I sometimes had as a child. While it is a bit sweet, I thoroughly enjoyed it, it's nice to have instead of the vanilla/chocolate/strawberry flavors. To my tastes, this product had a better taste than Evopro, by a good margin.

Texture 7.5/10 - I have no complaints with the texture. It's not hard to get down, it's smooth, etc. It's on par with Evopro in this aspect. It does have a bit of a grainy texture to it though, to be expected.

Summary: I would choose Micellar Matrix over Evopro, and will consider trying other flavors of it (once this runs out, of course). Overall, it's a good nighttime protein, I just mixed it into a strawberry/banana smoothie, and currently enjoying it! Of course, there are undoubtably better alternatives (there always seem to be a number of them), but I'm satisfied to use this product.

Tinyman
    I remember being relevant.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good review thanks
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Maki_Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Maki_Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Maki_Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Maki_Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Maki_Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Maki_Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Maki_Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Maki_Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Maki_Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Maki_Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Maki_Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cool
    Ita erat quando hic adveni

Old_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Old_Joe is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Vanilla is Good too

Big fan of ISS Reasearch Micellar Matrix as a nighttime protein. I use the vanilla and love the taste.

Good review. Totally agree.
    36 years old
    6' 4''
    250 lbs

BoingoBoingoBoingoBoingo TinyMan's Avatar
    TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Finally figured out what this tastes like... if you've ever had the candy 'Runts' it's like the banana flavor from that. Ah, the days when we could eat those...

Tinyman
    I remember being relevant.

Registered User italionstallion's Avatar
    italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i agree with you tiny, i have had both and i like Micellar Matrix better

viboon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also like Banana and Chocolate.

camdavis38 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Micellean Matrix Alternatives

Out of curiosity, what are the better alternatives that you are referring to?