Closed Thread
    denn23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how can I decrease the gap between my chest?

not sure what muscle u call that. ITs just the gap between the two chest muscles. Have been doing lateral bench press, dips, (and some other chest excercise that I have no idea what hte names are!)

I can see my chest getting big from side view. but front view..... there's this gap. Is it because I am too skinny? I sorta guess ed that one and am currently eating weight gainers to get the 2 chest muscles to 'meet'.

Am i doing something wrong?

THANKS!!!

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    use a grip width slightly wider than shoulder width on your flat bench press. it does feel a bit awkward at first but it builds thickness and fills in that gap. do dumbell incline press & incline flies and that should take care of any problems you have with your chest. oh i nearly forgot the most important part. do them heavy,especially the flat benches (5 to 7 reps). Richie

pitbull puppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

re

yeah richie is right, that's all i can say

denn23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Richie
    use a grip width slightly wider than shoulder width on your flat bench press. it does feel a bit awkward at first but it builds thickness and fills in that gap. do dumbell incline press & incline flies and that should take care of any problems you have with your chest. oh i nearly forgot the most important part. do them heavy,especially the flat benches (5 to 7 reps). Richie
    hey thanks!!!

sorry but whars incline flies?

thanks

Lift THIS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hate to say it, but if the gap you are referring to is in your sternum area, that's genetics and there is no way to "fill it" I have a gap there - it's called a "depressed sternum" - no, not because it is sad - and I'm 35 and I've been trying to "fill it" since I was a teenager. The good news is, the larger your pecs get, the less noticeable it is. I agree about the close-grip bench, and would also like to add that NOTHING pumps my pecs OUTWARD (i.e. making them bubbly and round) like bar dips where you hold for a second or two and flex at the apex of the rep.
    ..........................O
    .................+-=o0OO0o=-+
    .........................\o/

"I don't go to public gyms... too many jerkoffs waiting in line to stand in front of the mirror and admire themselves while yet another wanna-be Nirvana band is piped through a weak sound system. I don't find that inspiring. Give me a Van Halen CD, a cage, 300 lbs of weights and some dumbells and I got all the fuc|<in' inspiration I need..." -Me

I used to be embarassed to claim the 80's as my teen years because I thought the music from that era was such a joke.. until I watched the Mtv award show this year.. I have an all new appreciation for my era. - Me

DJRAZR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJRAZR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJRAZR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJRAZR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ditto to Lift THIS
    Here we go again!

No such thing as an inner pec. That gap is genetics. Making the pecs bigger is all u can really do

guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by DJRAZR
    Ditto to Lift THIS
    Here we go again!

No such thing as an inner pec. That gap is genetics. Making the pecs bigger is all u can really do
    Except that nobody here ever said there is an inner pec muscle...

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by DJRAZR
    Ditto to Lift THIS
    Here we go again!

i trained for a couple of years with wide grip everything as this was the strongest & most comfortable i felt. my front delts, lower and outer pecs grew quick but i had no mass in the centre of my chest from top to bottom. i corrected this by doing the above mentioned exercises. now my pecs are full everywhere. some people do have differant shaped pecs and have a gap which IS genetic but i had a gap there and i know that it wasn't genetic. it's worth the effort to try and correct it before saying that it's genetics. Richie

Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Actually, I believe that as you widen your grip the more you stimulate the outer regions of your pectorals. I'm not at all advising against this scheme, however. I suggest lifting hard and heavy and just striving to build thick and massive pecs, and there's no doubt that things will fill in. Just keep working hard with the basics and you'll grow.
    Unstoppable Confidence

jamaldejong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

gap

how about surgery! is that possible, it seems there are no plastic surgeons that can fix this problem. i mean there must be body builders who are desperate to get that done, since it can make a difference on their career. this is totally unfair to have this stupid genetics. Of all people, we are the ones. how bout that. yes!!! me too.

Originally Posted by Lift THIS View Post
    Hate to say it, but if the gap you are referring to is in your sternum area, that's genetics and there is no way to "fill it" I have a gap there - it's called a "depressed sternum" - no, not because it is sad - and I'm 35 and I've been trying to "fill it" since I was a teenager. The good news is, the larger your pecs get, the less noticeable it is. I agree about the close-grip bench, and would also like to add that NOTHING pumps my pecs OUTWARD (i.e. making them bubbly and round) like bar dips where you hold for a second or two and flex at the apex of the rep.

jamaldejong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

gap

ok, ok!!! can u specifically tell me how u did this. i really would like to know, please. im desperate.

Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    i trained for a couple of years with wide grip everything as this was the strongest & most comfortable i felt. my front delts, lower and outer pecs grew quick but i had no mass in the centre of my chest from top to bottom. i corrected this by doing the above mentioned exercises. now my pecs are full everywhere. some people do have differant shaped pecs and have a gap which IS genetic but i had a gap there and i know that it wasn't genetic. it's worth the effort to try and correct it before saying that it's genetics. Richie

Wow, a thread from 2002.

I always started chest with flat benches. Grip width was slightly wider than shoulder width and 5-7 reps.

I then did dumbell incline presses (45 degree) with arms going just below paralell to keep tension on and not over stretch the shoulder joint. Full contraction at the top. 7-9 reps.

Next was incline d/b flies (30 degrees) and at the top of the movement i tried to touch the dumbell plates (closest to the little figers) together. 9-12 reps.

I did this for years and it worked well. I got the hint from an old bb mag with Bertil Fox using this routine. And it did fill in the whole inner-upper area which i lacked so it can be done.

Ocassionally finished with cable crossovers because i liked them.

Richie
    Fueled By Fat.

hmmm, steak and eggs!!

DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by denn23 View Post
    not sure what muscle u call that. ITs just the gap between the two chest muscles. Have been doing lateral bench press, dips, (and some other chest excercise that I have no idea what hte names are!)

I can see my chest getting big from side view. but front view..... there's this gap. Is it because I am too skinny? I sorta guess ed that one and am currently eating weight gainers to get the 2 chest muscles to 'meet'.

Am i doing something wrong?

THANKS!!!
    If you don't feel muscle there man, your not going to ever have muscle there. I have a gap to, and when I feel it, I feel nothing but bone. Your not going to be able to fill that gap man. Check out these pros. They all have it too.

Phil Heath

Gustavo Badell

Toney Freeman

Bench: 215x12 (17/12/2011) PR since torn RC

"Being the best in your circle is not enough; you have to think bigger to become a champion. Don’t think like a small fish in a big pond or else when you get to the ocean you’ll be eaten alive." - Fouad Abiad

"Proper preparation prevents poor performance," - Kai Greene

jeulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeulz is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeulz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lol @ google

wonder if this dude got his chest filled 10 years later

EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Opie, Did your chest ever get filled in?
    ~ ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE ~

Journey to 405+ bench and beyond! - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176215051
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAmJ5mQ0uD8&t=1s

^^ Completed 1/5/22

EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Went to so cheat last night
    Bench 275x1 285x1 295x1 PR
    I attempted 315 with a spotter but unfortunately I can't tell If I did it or not. My spotter had his hands on the bar the whole time. I'll get it this year tho no problem!

225x12 185x18
    Incline bench 185x8 205x6 225x4
    Incline Db Flys 60x12 65x10 65x10

Strong chest workout! I feel good about my strength.
    ~ ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE ~

Journey to 405+ bench and beyond! - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176215051
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAmJ5mQ0uD8&t=1s

^^ Completed 1/5/22

AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    so OP did you fix gap yet?